OOC: Table Talk

This Sunday I'll be going though an catching up on all the posts, questions etc. that i may have missed. if possible, i'd like to see the first 5 year block posted by then (ROF, you're way ahead of the pack!)
I'll also try and answer any lingering questions that have been asked and not answered.

I'll try and restrain myself :slight_smile:

Hi,

I'm a little behind. :slight_smile: But at least I got her through apprenticeship! (I hope :slight_smile: )

Anyway,

Ken

My updates will probably be delayed due to the arrival of a baby girl into our household. That makes it an even four (Daddy, Mommy Big Brother, and now new Little Sister).

While I am setting up a temporary nursery (we are moving in 2 months to a larger place), I will start plotting out some seasonal activity. This is the first time I have had to develope such a big character arc. I haev been very impressed with the level of detail I have seen so far from the other contributors. Very impressed.

Hi,

Mazel Tov. :slight_smile:

Anyway,

Ken

Hi,

Wow, this bodes to be a very high powered saga. I'm looking at my Lab Totals, just five years out.....

We have a bunch of epic characters shaping up.

I like it. :slight_smile:

Anyway,

Ken

Well your character is not easily comparable, to be honest :wink:

Hi,

True. Deborah has astounding strengths and glaring weaknesses.

She isn't a balanced character, in the sense that she is not versatile. She is hopelessly outmatched in Tribunal politics, intrigue, relations with mundanes. Bugs, she can do. I've made her almost a force of nature, and stripped her of a lot of things too. God help Deborah if she ever needs to talk with the archbishop.... Or maybe God help everyone.

She is comparable in the sense of niche protection: Do all character have epic tales available to them? Does one character's epic tales tarnish the luster of another's? Do the characters all belong in the same place, in the same mythos?

We're developing all our stories separately, but the most interesting stories that could happen to a magus are those that target his sodales weaknesses. For example, an enemy of Deborah would be wise to fight her indirectly, through mundanes and Tribunal politics. These stories might not end up being hers, though. If Deborah engages that kind of battle, she loses. Plain and simple. Another magus would probably do better.

Of course, real Tytalus magi are taught to excel at everything... which is why Deborah is not a real Tytalus magus. :slight_smile:

I'm having a blast making her.

Anyway,

Ken

Yeah I completely agree. I've been trying to keep up with everyone's stories so I can find ways to tie this and that bit with Bertran's but it's been tough!

CONGRATS!! Hope mom and babe are both doing well.

Uh... yeah how did I miss that?

Congratulations buddy! :blush:

:smiley:

Congratulations on the new family member :smiley:

I'm going to be away from my books for the weekend. I'll still try and post some stuff, but i may defer rules decision to Tuesday.

Just back in from the beach (actually, sleeping off the red-eye flight).

The Pacific NW is awesome.

I am exhausted. That is all.

Hi,

Yes... yes it is. I live in the Bay Area, which is not quite the PNW. Still awesome, though.

Still, there's something to be said for Houston. Oh, wait! That something is hot and muggy. :slight_smile:

Anyway,

Ken

But none of those is Chicago, the greatest city on God's Green Earth :smiley:

I have travelled to various parts of the US, and the food is simply better here.

You all forget distinguished and esteemed Europe :smiley:

(Though the weather has been very rainy this summer :frowning: )

Not at O'Hare, it's not. :wink:

Hi,

My ex-gf is from Chicago and she kept saying the same thing.

Then she moved back to Chicago.

Now she misses all the wonderful and diverse cuisines available in the Bay Area. And the weather! And cultural diversity!

Chicago: It's an alright city, considering. :slight_smile:/2

Anyway,

Ken