OOC

OK finally, I ask again regarding the opening story event with the Arcane Connection, let it be handled in character in the story thread.

As I said I did expect resistance and such but I feel I have a story element that should satisfy your questions and hopefully enhance the story and saga I have planned.

Let's not jump the gun, I ask for a bit of trust and patience from you all.

Thankee kindly. Outsider is going to become minor (say, giving him a -1 reputation as a norseman), and I'll get two more flaws (YAY!).

Whoops! I spent exp on Animal Ken but forget to put it in there. I'll do that and change the focus.

How so? I’m willing to change just about anything about the character except this, especially because I haven't broken any rules that I'm aware of. The ability to create my own weird spells is what I love most about this game, and not having it during character creation would be lame. Maybe her parens had FFM as well which is why he dumped them on her even though she can barely cast them without fatigue. Can we compromise? Keep in mind I will take fatigue hits from using most of these, and will definitely suffer from fatigue when I use them with FFM.

My mechanical design goal for this character was an unusual generalist with a bunch of spells she'll have to grow into who has to pick and choose until then. I think this satisfies that goal, and that's the element of the character I'd like to keep that taking mostly standard spells would take away.

A final version of Kylios has been posted with the other characters.

Also, Kerry, looks like you have too many minor flaws.

Yeah, Surefoot, good catch, Kerry has 7 minor flaws when limit is 5.

I'd have to wait on QC's verdict on that. I wanted Hermetic Patron as a major story, and he suggested taking it three times as a minor to represent three different patrons. I originally counted them all together as one major then, but forgot to ask if it is OK.

Falls,

I agree about the songbird focus. By the way, I like it as a focus. It's an interesting choice.

Would always tell the truth be a lesser malediction? It sounds like it has a lot in common with Indiscreet, and I think that's a Major Story flaw isn't it? The only difference I could tell would be that with the Malediction you don't have to answer a question where with Indiscreet you do. Don't know. Could argue it either way I guess.

If the extra flaws in question are about the Patrons then I did agree to allow this due to the background story. As I said initially I'd like people to stick to the basic rules of character creation but I'm willing to bend for solid concepts. If it's an issue and you'd want him to change it I can have Kerry change it from Patron 3 times, to Mentor once.

But I'm fine with it otherwise.

Can't tell a lie would be the minor version of Indiscrete. The first means you can do lies of omission and perhaps lies where you tell the whole truth but in such a way that you aren't believed.

Indiscrete, you not only rarely lie but you go out of your way to reveal the truth and tell secrets. You have to answer questions. Much worse.

For the most part I'm not terribly concerned with the spell choices. Part of apprenticeship though is that the apprentice is very likely inventing spells from lab texts rather than just inventing them, or they are learning them directly from their Master. Since that is the case they are less likely to have exotic spells before they are full Magi and most likely have more standard spells.

In the beginning of the forming of this thread we basically agreed to keep exotic spells to a small amount of the overall body of spells. If everyone is OK with your selection then I'm fine, but they chose their spells with this in mind.

I'd agree here. Lesser Malediction should be equal to a minor flaw, and Indiscreet knocked down a bit would match this. Truthful to a fault would basically be a character trait of this.

I think a better version might be not that you can't lie, but you have a compulsion related to your Sigil or nature whenever you do lie. Perhaps you have to coo and/or whistle like a bird after a lie. That seems more curse like IMO.

OK...it looks like we're about ready to go.

Starting tomorrow feel free to post in the opening thread. I'd like two things to be done first.

1. Allow Ladyphoenix to post first, this will keep the thread consistent.

2. Post in the OOC thread (for my ease of reference) whether your character was brought up in the Stonehenge Tribunal and if your Master is with you now. The assumption is that if you are from Stonehenge your master is with you (but let me know if he isn't for any reason), but if you're not from Stonehenge I need to know if your Master is here for this Tribunal meeting.

I'll likely post tomorrow evening after work so don't go crazy with the posts so that the magi can realistically respond. It would be a good idea to give a brief description of your character along with any response to Barbara's demand.

Oh also, check your sheets to make sure you include both a spell casting Sigil and your voting Sigil.

For those that are concerned about names of significant Magi in your past or Covenants, you don't have to be using Canon Magi or Covenants. Within Stonehenge some discretion is needed though.

Gah! I always find myself remembering that there was more to add.

Magi that are from outside of the Stonehenge Tribunal likely already know the Parma ritual and are likely to respond appropriately to Barbara. Those that are from Stonehenge do not know the full Parma.

Good points. Works for me then.

Sounds like I’m mostly good to go. I’ll post over in the character sheets thread and edit if there are changes to be made. I haven't fully detailed her background because I'm still stewing on the cause of the Malediction - I may let it come out in play.

If there are any that people specifically object to, I’m more than happy to discuss it. Thanks for letting me hang onto this – it really is important to me.

Yes! This is so much better. Done and done.

Also, Elysia is from Stonehenge and her parens is with her here.

Kylios passed his gauntlet by knifing his parens in the back and was taught the Parma after his convalescence, in Scandanavia, as per his backstory.

Also, he has no hair. >.>

Bjorn was apprenticed in the Rhine. His parens is not here, but two of his Hermetic Patrons are present. Let me know if I should name them and give sme background, or if you wish to do that stuff.

Don't worry, my magus has enough for the both of us. :wink:

I await your judgement then.

Siobhan's paren is not here. She has to learn to stand on her own and this is the first test.