Orion ex Merinita

If that is over a 7-year period, I think your math is off: 7 years * 4 seasons = 28 pawns, not 56.

where labwork has been done- such as a LR for tokens, exposure experience instead of adventure/travel experience should apply.
[strike]Where does the quality of 17 for Romaic Greek come from?[/strike]Finding teachers for abilities over 5 is difficult, and should be discussed, not assumed. For Romaic Greek Finding a teacher for up to level 6 would be fairly easy, but for level 7 you would need to spend either time or tokens to locate a teacher (tokens to hire a magus o instruct, time to find an ungifted scholar with that high of a level in Romaic Greek)- either one token or one season.

Oops. That was a relic of when I was originally going to have an adventure for that season. I'll correct it.

I rolled a Simple Die and added 10, as you indicated. Was that not correct?

Finding teachers for abilities over 5 is difficult, and should be discussed, not assumed. For Romaic Greek Finding a teacher for up to level 6 would be fairly easy, but for level 7 you would need to spend either time or tokens to locate a teacher (tokens to hire a magus o instruct, time to find an ungifted scholar with that high of a level in Romaic Greek)- either one token or one season.
Still not selected as Archae
For the next set of seasons you will need to put some time into getting the covenant founded...

I apologize for not raising the issue first. But I assumed that in Thebes, finding a level 6 teacher in Romaic Greek would not be unreasonable, given the obvious demand for it. But if you want it to cost a token or a season, just let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

FWIW, I assume that if Orien gets a bunch of tokens that at least a few would be used up for one thing or another. So it's not unreasonable to drop his token total by a couple anyway.

I'm going to have to start campaigning ... or maybe spreading around some tokens and vis gifts to the people who make the decisions.

:slight_smile:

6 is reasonable, but you will lose some of the second season since 30 will take you to level 6, and 34 is what you have scheduled.
And as I said, this next 7 years you should put in some time to get the new covenant founded.

That's what I originally thought too. But silveroak said that it was 2 pawns/season. If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll adjust his totals.

D'oh! I tried to account for those maximums when they occurred. I must have missed this one. Thanks for the catch.

And as I said, this next 7 years you should put in some time to get the new covenant founded.

I've already got a few seasons set aside for that.

This might also be the explanation for him spending a few of his tokens. :slight_smile:

I mentioned it because you had the mention of 1 pawn per season in your advancement text (emphasis mine):

As for personal vis source granting 2 pawns/season, in that discussion we were talking about either Vim or Herbam. I'm not sure if he would use the same standard for personal vis sources for a Technique (which are much more valuable).

I'll mark down whatever silveroak says is appropriate. Just give me the numbers and I'll mark them down. :slight_smile:

He did, I corrected his assumption, it is 2 vis/season.

Okay, here is the fourth, and final, tribunal worth of advancement for Orien:

Once more, I tried to go for what I thought were common spells, almost all from the core book. One two weren't: Quench the Raging Conflagration and Hauberk of Supreme Lightness, neither of which seemed too terribly uncommon. Please let me know if either of those are a problem.

[size=150]Teaching Qualities[/size]

[tableborder][tr][th][left]Skill[/left][/th] [th][left]Invisible Castle Link[/left][/th] [th]Roll[/th] [th]Quality[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Scribe[/td] [td]1d10=5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]15[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[size=150]Aging Rolls[/size]

Age 48-50: Simple Die + 5 (age) -2 (living conditions) – 1 (faerie blood) -2 (bronze cord) -10 (LR) = SD – 10
Age 51-54: Simple Die + 6 (age) -2 (living conditions) – 1 (faerie blood) -2 (bronze cord) -10 (LR) = SD – 9

[tableborder][tr][th]Age[/th][th][left]Aging Roll[/left][/th] [th]Result[/th] [th][left]Notes[/left][/th][/tr]
[tr][td][center]48[/center][/td] [td]1d10-10=-8[/td] [td][center]-8[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]49[/center][/td] [td]1d10-10=-7[/td] [td][center]-7[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]50[/center][/td] [td]1d10-10=-4[/td] [td][center]-4[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]51[/center][/td] [td]1d10-9=-8[/td] [td][center][/center][/td] [td]Doubled[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]51[/center][/td] [td]1d10=1[/td] [td][center]
[/center][/td] [td]Tripled[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]51[/center][/td] [td]1d10=5 = 5*3-9 = 15-9 = 6[/td] [td][center]6[/center][/td] [td]Apparent age goes up by one year[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]52[/center][/td] [td]1d10-9=0[/td] [td][center]0[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]53[/center][/td] [td]1d10-9=-4[/td] [td][center]-4[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][center]54[/center][/td] [td]1d10-9=1[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]-[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[size=150]Vis[/size]

Vis Gifts Received: 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=7 = 4 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 9 + 7 = 39 Aquam vis

Accumulated Personal Vis: 2 Cr/season = 56 Creo

Counting on giving away half of what he accumulates as gifts, Orien would have the following ending vis.

Total Ending Vis: 80 Cr, 53 Aq

BTW, For 28 years, Orien has been giving out more vis in gifts than he has received. Might that give him some kind of reputation for generosity? He has received 143 vis as gifts over the years, and has given out 182 vis as gifts.

Books on non-arts topics have a level limit of 8. Magic Theory 10/18 is not available.

I did not know that. I'll adjust accordingly.

following covenants, quality limit for a book on an ability is 11+3x(8-level), or 22, whichever is less. so a level 5 book would have a max quality of 20, a book at level 6 would have a max quality of 17, level 7 max quality 15, and at level 8 max quality of 11...

Gah! That was an oversight on my part. I've gone back and corrected that (when appropriate in previous Tribunals). This changed some totals a little bit, which are reflected in the current spreadsheet that's displayed.

Go ahead and post your final character sheet and I will compare it to what I have.