Perdo Aspect of something

There is a mage character who wants to specilise in destroying an aspect of something - a boulder's weight, a wall's opacity, water's liquidness, a sword blade's solidness, etc
As per p78 of the Ars5 rule book.

My first question, would this be a Major or Minor Affinity - the ability to temporarily negate an aspect of something? Potentially a small subset of Perdo just about any Form, so I am leaning towards Major.

Then I started looking at the Form guidelines, and I am wondering if there are more complete guidelines somewhere else.
For PeAn, - destroy an Aspect is 2 magnitudes higher than destroy the Form.
For PeAq, - destroy an Aspect is 1 magnitude higher than destroy the Form.
For PeAu, - destroy an Aspect seems to be 1 magnitude lower than destroy the Form (level 3 vs level 4)
For PeCo, - destroy an Aspect is 2 magnitudes higher than destroy the Form.
For PeHe, - I don't seem to see destroy an Aspect.
For PeIg, - destroy an Aspect is 2 magnitudes higher than destroy the Form.
For PeIm, - I don't seem to see destroy an Aspect. But then again, what would it mean?
For PeMe, - I don't seem to see destroy an Aspect. But then again, what would it mean?
For PeTe, - I don't seem to see destroy an Aspect.
For PeVi, - I don't seem to see destroy an Aspect. But then again, what would it mean?

PeTe has a spell to remove the weight of Armour, so there are examples.

1 Like

I think only the material forms have aspects which can be destroyed, although for Imagonem you could argue that each of the senses is an aspect so destroying an objects ability to emit visual specie would be an espect.
I would still call it a major Focus as it can cover such a wide range of areas

Modern perspective but: PeIm- destroy redness. The image is still visible, but the red colors are converted to grey.

1 Like