Permanent Creo Rituals

I think I followed that, but it was confusing. You seem to be using "ring" when you mean "Circle," at least some of the time. "Ring" is a Duration, while "Circle" is a Target. So reading things like "ring target" is tough. Both of them are linked to durations, one actually being a Duration and the other potentially ending spells that haven't already ended.

No, a target doesn't link to a duration. That was my point. A circle target does not imply any aspect of ring duration...

Really? Is the spell ending if the circle is broken not an aspect of Ring Duration?

Circle Target interacts with/links with/alters (don't know the best terminology) the Duration so that the spell ends with the first of the Duration or the circle breaking instead of just based on the Duration. But in the case here, the spell has already ended well before the circle has been broken.

1 Like

It isn't possible for a human to have a recovery bonus that high without magic...hence it violates a human's essential nature.

a +3 recovery permanently is in line with the available virtue and hence would be the limit a Creo ritual could impart permanently...and then only if the recipient didn't already have that virtue.

This follows the same logic as the maximum of 5 for characteristics.

Fine. But show why this is or isn't valid with +3. Can this definitely be permanently granted?

Separately, I'm not sure what the non-magical bonus is limited to. Certainly without magic you can get at least +9, probably a bit more.

I would think you can only magically boost (permanently) what you could naturally have as a mundane human. Unless I'm missing something, the only "natural" instance of a recovery bonus integral to a character would be the virtue for +3. I don't see any reason that wouldn't work as a permanent bonus...though like the characteristics, it shouldn't stack if a character already has it.