Provencal tribunal

I was mainly looking at

A thing’s essential nature cannot itself be changed. While Hermetic magic can completely change the way a thing appears, it cannot affect what that thing is.

In addition I thought the MuTe guidelines would provide a loophole making first metal to stone and the stone to clay easier than metal to clay directly, but I seem to be mistaken here.

Although it would allow to base ReTe shaping spells essentially on clay and use MuTe transformations to get it into clay.

for building to be a focus it would need much more definition- to begin with are we talking noun or verb?
as to architecture, I stand in error- I had thought it would be a professional skill, but art and academe indicate that the architecture is simply part of the mason ability, potentially augmented with artes liberales knowledge of geometry.

I was thinking about the act of building.

What is your take on «Shaping stone»?

shaping stone would definitely be a minor focus. I could allow building (verb) as a Major focus. It would cover a subsection of craft magic over multiple arts (terram, herbem, and animal), or spells which could act to support a large construction too significant to be handled by a single spell... and possibly architectural magic depending on application...

What about the discussion of MuTe Stone to Clay, first being or not being shaping stone and second if shaping such clay that actually is stone is still shaping stone?

Is the detailed explanation and or or, i.e. Craft Magic and or or spells that support large construction? What would be examples of that?

What is architectural magic?

mute is not shaping stone, it is transforming it. Using a spell to shape clay to shape stone would qualify in that particular casting, but it would also have to reach the higher level required to work on stone instead of clay (you can't get both the easier target for it being clay and the bonus for it being stone)
ReTe spells to construct structures, are craft magics, as is wall of protective stone or conjuring the mystic tower. A PeTe spell which clears away earth down to the bedrock would receive the focus bonus if it is being used to prepare a construction sight, but not if it is being used to dig a pit trap.
Architectural magic is in HMRE p. 97: Hermetic architecture. If it is being used in the construction of abuilding, as opposed to enchanting an existing structure, it would apply.

Never intended to double bonuses. I was instead primarily wondering about the application of such narrow foci and the relation to current state and essential nature.

What you write about Major Magical Focus: Building sounds quite like what I have posted as examples (not sure if all apply but most of them seem to) and I am very tempted to consider upgrading to such a focus, although it will probably conflict with my thoughts on taking Affinity Craft in addition to Puissant.

Regarding Hermetic Architecture, I am looking forward to handling initiation in game instead of pre-game. I agree that this makes the most sense and will probably be more enjoyable.

http://amfightorflight.wikidot.com/typhannie-de-verditius

Character is ready to be inspected, and hopefully approved

Following the tribunal the next SG plot point is in 1207, during the tribunal. This will follow 2 paths- at the tribunal and at the covenant. Any plans the characters might have that could result in stories during this time should get stated so the involved characters won't be stuck in a third non-participating location. I am still trying to get other tribunals caught up so this period should be fairly available for one or two side adventures.

Well, considering that Jaufres by that time should become an Apprentice, I assume Gerard would take him as an apprentice? or would he have someone else apprentice his son?

Typhannie would love to read, and research, and study, and enchant items. But i'd also want her to undergo some Verditius inner mystery initiations. In addition, she'd set up her Lab.
As for Adventures, she'd be exploring the area around the covenant. Am not sure whether there's a free Lab at the covenant grounds for her, but if not, she'd go looking for a suitable place to set up her lab. Hopefully some place that has a supernatural connection to wind/weather.

the boys are only gifted if someone else wants to take them as PC's; since the player who was going to do that is MIA, I don't think that's going to happen.

Bentalone was set up to be a covenant of 5 magi, and at its introduction there were 5. At this point the only magi posting regularly have been Gerard and Alienor, and Lutra was abandoned midway through the last adventure... we can easily find a way for him to move out and you would have the space. I think the simplest explanation would be that durring tribunal he heard from someone at another covenant where the natural environment nearby was more to his liking, probably within the Coenobium.

I don't see a writeup for his Lab, so i assume it's a standard Lab? nothing special (no Virtues/Flaws...

Yes.

story hooks events- Typhannie will have a story event in the summer of 1202, Gerard will have a story event in the fall of 1207, and Jerome will have a story event in the spring of 1206. If everyone could advance their characters to that point and let me know when you are ready...

How much of Winter 1200 was used in travel and vis hunt/tribunal?

The Vis hunt was in the fall, the Tribunal was about a week, plus three days travel each way.

Gerard's advancement is done. Still working on the kids - as grogs, to I have to have "dead" seasons for them, or can they get advancement four seasons/year?

They will have to work 2 seasons a year, but otherwise they can advance normally. Note that for children work often means assisting their parents, so they may learn arcane abilities with these exposure points.