Reperius (Thumper's Mage)

Here are Reperius' stats:
(Note that all states have been adjusted for any Puissant/Affinity calculations)
Spreadsheet (.XLSX file) available for review here via GoogleDrive. (Click on the image and then choose 'download' in the lower right corner).

Feedback welcome.

Current Year: Campaign Start 1210? (I'll update this page periodically as we age characters)
Name: Reperius
Char Type: Magus
Player: Chris Hazel (Thumper)
Covenant: Hiddenhall
Conf. Score: 1
Conf. Pts: 3
Size: +0

House: Tremere
Covenent of Apprenticeship: Coeris
Parens: Silania
Sigil: A slight warming of the hands.
Primus: Poena (I assume - it's cannon)

[tableborder][tr][th]Characteristic[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Characteristic[/th][th]Score[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Int[/td][td]+2[/td][td]Pre[/td][td]+2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Per[/td][td]+2[/td][td]Com[/td][td]+1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Str[/td][td]+0[/td][td]Dex[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sta[/td][td]+2[/td][td]Qui[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[tableborder][tr][th]Virtues[/th][th]Flaws[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Hermetic Magus / The Gift[/td][td]Favors[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Minor Magical Focus (Certamen)[/td][td]Weak MR (while unaware)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Improved Characteristics (x2)[/td][td]Generous[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gentle Gift[/td][td]Weakness (abandoned children and cruel parents)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Affinity (Intrigue)[/td][td]Ability Bock (Artistic Ability)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Affinity (Magic Theory)[/td][td]Higher Purpous (Civilize Europe)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Affinity (Rego)[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Inspirational[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Puissant (Leadership)[/td][td][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[tableborder][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]3[/td][td]Hungarian[/td][td]5[/td][td]Guile[/td][td]3[/td][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]1[/td][td]English [Politeness][/td][td]4[/td][td]Folk Ken [Diplomacy][/td][td]3[/td][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]1[/td][td]Latin[/td][td]5[/td][td]Intrigue [Detecting motives][/td][td]3[/td][td]Concentration[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td][td]2[/td][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]2[/td][td]Etiquette[/td][td]1[/td][td]Finesse[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]2[/td][td]Profession (Scribe) [Reports][/td][td]2[/td][td]Leadership[/td][td]2[/td][td]Penetration[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ride[/td][td]1[/td][td]Organization Lore (Order of Hermes)[/td][td]2[/td][td]Bargian [Diplomatic Deals][/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Code of Hermes[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[tableborder][tr][th]Personality Trait[/th][th]Score[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Brave[/td][td]+2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]High Minded[/td][td]+1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Strategic[/td][td]+2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Civil[/td][td]+1[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

[tableborder][tr][th]Art (Tech)[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Art (Form)[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Art (Form)[/th][th]Score[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Creo[/td][td]6[/td][td]Animal[/td][td]0[/td][td]Ignem[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intellego[/td][td]4[/td][td]Aquam[/td][td]0[/td][td]Imaginem[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto[/td][td]4[/td][td]Auram[/td][td]0[/td][td]Mentem[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo[/td][td]5[/td][td]Corpus[/td][td]10[/td][td]Terram[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego[/td][td]12[/td][td]Herbam[/td][td]1[/td][td]Vim[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Grimiore:
Strings of the Unwilling Marionette (ReCo25), Lift the Dangling Puppet (ReCo15), Call to Slumber (ReMe10), Scent of Peaceful Slumber (ReMe20), Trackless Step ReTe10), Crest of the Earth Wave (ReTe20), Maintain the Demanding Spell (ReVi20)

Notes: In preparation of his installment at Hiddenhall, he's done a longevity potion already whose effectiveness is -5.

Bio:
Note that this is how he would describe his background to an apprentice or younger Tremere. In more regular interactions he's actually quite humble.

[code]You want to know my past? If you insist. My life had an inauspicious beginning. I was deformed as a newborn and left exposed to the elements to die by still unknown parents in the low hills of Hungary. Luckily, my short journey in life was extended by the quick witted intervention of a greedy furrier. You see, this not uncommon practice of exposure happens to gifted children on occasion. The magi of the most organized tribunal in the order are often on the lookout for such an occurrence. Some mundanes, including this furrier, have become aware of this hermetic interest and sometimes collect such children in the hope of some reward. I don't know what he collected in silver or other treasures for my delivery.

I was taken to the covenant of Két Ujja and examined (so I'm told - I was much too young to remember this myself). It was found that I had the gift. Moreover, the deformity I was afflicted with could easily corrected with the application of magic and vis. (I don't blame my parents - they couldn't have known.) Moreover, I don't even remember the deformity nor its particulars other than it was something about my leg. It was decided that I should be healed and shipped to Coeris, where our noble house Tremere would decide what to do with me.

I was healed, given the name Razvan, and raised for several years by the mundanes. Particularly by a turb Custos named Orban. I remember running around and helping him by being a sort of fetcher. My gentle gift made me popular among the turb and I became something of a mascot as various people taught me how to run and swim, even to ride a horse (a bit). I knew I was slated to become an apprentice, but it didn't weigh heavily on me in those days.

At the age of eight I was given as an apprentice to Silania of Tremere. She is a fine magus and was good teacher. I was given proper Latin and lesson by lesson, I was shown my true place in the world. Her lessons were not easy, but I eventually I could detect her love in them. For my apprenticeship was not a mere education of magic and the rules of the Order. Oh no, my Mater made sure that every lesson of technical significance was laced with secondary meaning about culture, service, and ethics. Through Silania's teachings and others in the house I came to understand how fortunate I truly am to be in a house of brothers and leaders with the highest aspirations for civilization and order for the good of all. This was only confirmed further when I was fostered for two years in the Novgorod tribunal under the care of Lubo of Tremere. Indeed, one could not see a more stark contrast between the possible and despair as to compare Transylvania and Novgorod. I also spent a year under Martius of Tremer in the Rome tribunal, where I learned what civilization could bring and how such gifts can be wasted by the petty ambitions of the self-seemingly powerful.

I wish I could say that passing my gauntlet was a momentous triumph, but like almost all Tremere I failed to earn my sigil. In many ways I didn't think that much of the event. I always thought of it as another progression through my career of serving the house and the Order. For many Tremere, the gauntlet can be an intimidating event, but for I who grew up in the halls of the Domus Magnus, who took supper in the same hall as the Prima, who's lessons sometimes consisted of confidences of the inner strategies of the most skilled of planners and generals, it felt more like more of the same - advancement. Don't misunderstand, it was difficult and challenging and but for a bit of what I still feel was a little luck, I made reasonable showing. It was expected that my performance would be adequate and when it was there were warm embraces all around. There was the customary ceremony where I was given the very robes you see on me now (although I like to think they are somewhat darker now than then) and the name I now bear and shall bear beyond death or twilight, Reperius.

More to come later[/code]

Very nice. Who or what are his favors owed to?

This was mentioned before in the old thread here:

Upon further reflection I think it needs to be stipulated that since this is a deal between X and the house (or its representatives - most likely the Exarch in Stonehenge) - if I don't know the details and someone comes to collect, I'll likely insist on confirming with the house about the terms before complying. There could be some prearranged indicator that could indicate sufficiency - a password perhaps.

As usual, let me know if this doesn't work and I need to refine.

Sorry, I forgot that. So they're obligations to House and Domus Magnus. Fine.