Road to Pamplona (Spring 1234)

Fédora seems to pay no mind to Pere's girth or his occasional winces of pain as he shifts his weight ("his gout and other pains "), asking how he's fitting in at the charterhouse, and what not. She seems friendly enough and genuinely interested in what he has to say.

Fédora turns to Fleur. [color=blue]"Ah, Fleur! Have you met Pere of Jerbiton? He is a Journeyman at the chapterhouse at Sa Dragonera."

Fleur takes his hand. "It is a pleasure. I am on my way to Sa Dragona myself, It sounds like a very interesting place."

(What does Fleur look like? I can't seem to find a description of her anywhere, or even how old she is. I know she's probably a bit more attractive than average [Pre +1] but not much else beyond that)

Fleur is 21, a slender young woman with dark, short cut hair, an aquiline nose and otherwise what would traditionally be described as Mediterranean features.

Pere accepts her hand and kisses it. No, sodale, the pleasure is mine. The Balearics are said by some to be the most beautiful in the world. Once you join our humble endeavors those stories will bear the ring of truth.

Pere is very overweight, with dark hair and fine silk clothes. Despite his appearance, he seems full of life and is quite charming.

"I look forward to seeing these islands, though I fear I do not have much to compare them to." She turns to Actus, "And who is this?"

Acutus turns to Fleur and nods, "I'm Acutus Ilfetwis, of House Bjornaer, a new acquaintence of Pere."

"Bjornaer? I didn't think there were many Bjornaer this far south. Is it rude to ask what your... animal aspect is?"

Acutus shrugs, "I'm honestly not certain how many of my House are this far south, although I know at least a couple that reside in the Theban Tribunal. My heartbeast is a shark."

(note, I'm trying to portray that while Acutus is quite handsome/charming [Pre +2] he's not the best talker [Com -1], thus very direct answers without much embelishment)

Laconic

Fleur licks her lips minutely. "I see, I apologize for my ignorance of your house." She inhales slowly "For some reason the phrase 'jump the shark' keeps coming into my mind."

Fleur is as subtle as a gold brick thrown by a purple giant. And she is persistent. Point of Confidence. I am giving them away like crazy lately, grab it before my sanity comes back.

Should I take it Actus is too stunned to respond?

It may be that PoB is still trying to think of an appropriately laconic response for Actus :wink:

(Actually, PoB was just really busy the last couple of days :frowning: )

Acutus glances back at Fleur, he'd turned his attention back towards Fedora, and raises an eyebrow, "I'm not certain shark jumping would be a safe sport. I've heard tales that the Minoans used to jump bulls, but without appropriate magics, jumping sharks would prove dangerous and difficult."

(Depending on how perceptive Fleur is, she might notice that Acutus is kind of treating her like the "ugly friend" of Fedora. Answering her questions, but not really paying a lot of attention to her)

OUCH!!!

Well, Fedora has a Presence of +2 and Venus' Blessing...Fleur just can't compete with that.

Nope, Fleur just has presence 1. No Venus blessing, but on the other hand she is not married and has lecherous as a major flaw, so she is AVAILABLE.

Fleur raises an eyebrow at Actus, shakes her head once, and sits back down next to Pere. "So how long does it take from here to get to my new abode? Or do we need to seek a bed here?"

Before responding, Pere waves over Celdoni and ensures Fleur has the refreshment of her choice. Reaching Palma will take very little time. We have a direct portal nearby. However, I would recommend spending the night here rather than seeking lodging there at a late hour. I also hope to discuss with Fedora the possibility of Acutus joining our covenant. So please, enjoy yourself this evening. Good quarters can be found here for magi, with or without the company of your choice. He waves a hand at the room and all its seedy glory.

And since it appears Acutus and Fedora intend to leave us to our drinks for the moment, please tell me about yourself. From where do you hail, what are your interests, what do you seek in Mallorca?

Fleur rests her hand on Pere's thigh. "You really mean I could have anybody in this room I want, in whatever combination? Even chasing grogs back at Canes de Mer I never had that kind of freedom. I mean most of the men seemed enthusiastic, but quite a few of the women seemed very uninterested." She is looking around the room like a kid in the candy store. "And neither Actus nor Fedora seems remotely interested."