seasonal advancement

Added xp from Social Spelunking for Garcin, and per your post, Ismael will be returning to the crafter pool where he will generate savings in the category of Provisions:

Animal Handling skill of 5 (6 with specialty)

Tomas sticks with his plan and spends most of both seasons studying the Medical Summa for 24 xp.

Given the rules we are using, if Cheech studied the medical summa with Tomas, would he acquire 18 xp in Medicine? If so, does he want to? It is not something Tomas would insist on, but he would suggest that it could come in handy.

Can a familiar piggyback a season of summa study?

If the magus and familiar are each reading the same book in the same season, they would be able to communicate about what they are reading thus allowing the familiar to overcome his might penalty, however it would mean keeping separate bookmarks and reading at separate times- essentially 16 hours a day reading between the two of them. I will allow similar book sharing for 2, and only 2 characters who cohabitate (which can mean an apprentice if you share quarters)

Thanks. I could have understood ruling either way.

If I have this right, I would like to have Vulpus use his story xp (5+8-8=5) to get Ancient Maltese 1.
He will also write a Q15 tractatus on Magic Theory.

What do you want to name the tractus?

It will be the first of a five part collection:

Designing the Perfect Spell, Part I - Determining the Proper Spell Subject, Magic Theory Tr Q15

Also, when should Vulpus take his bonus seasons for having no fatigue? I would suggest after Summer and after Winter each year.

If that's the case, Vulpus would also have written:

Designing the Perfect Spell, Part II - Selecting an Appropriate Arcane Reach, Magic Theory Tr Q15

That makes sense. It will also be added to the library

I have gotten lost in some of the scheduling. I agree that the common buildings are more important. Any idea when the lab space Tomas has reserved will be ready? I need to plan on spending a season getting it set up, a season working in it, and a season improving it, after the physical construction is done. (Tomas has a list as long as everyone's arms of things to do. And it keeps getting longer. Once he gets to reading them, Tomas will need to congratulate Volpus on the tractati.)

Paphos will, by the end of fall, have been able to build the space for 1650 sq ft of lab space, divide this up as appropriate, and figure which structural virtues and flaws should be designed in before being modified by building quality...

Fist in queue is Maffeo's lab/sanctum, 2000 ft sq total. Maffeo can split these as he pleases, but the "standard" is 1500 ft sq for lab (+5 size) and 500 ft sq for sanctum. When finished and set up, the lab will have the following:

Excellent +3 construction (Free Virtue) - needs to be defined in terms of lab characteristics
Auspicious Shape (Minor Virtue): +1 Aesthetics, +1 Vim
Well Insulated (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics
Spacious (Minor Virtue): +2 Safety, +1 Aesthetics
Gallery (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Teaching

Size +5 (+4)
Refinement: 0
General Quality: 0
Upkeep: 0
Safety: 0 (-4 from occupied size, +4 from virtues)
Warping: 0
Health: 0
Aesthetics: 4 (+4 from virtues)
Specialty: +1 Vim
Specialty: +1 Teaching

Actual stats if built by Paphos would be:
Excellent +3 construction (Free Virtue) - +6 safety +6 aesthatics
Auspicious Shape (Minor Virtue): +1 Aesthetics, +1 Vim-> +6 aesthetics, +6 vim
Well Insulated (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics-> +6 safety +6 aesthetics
Spacious (Minor Virtue): +2 Safety, +1 Aesthetics -> +12 safety, +6 aesthetics
Gallery (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Teaching-> +6 safety, +6 aesthetics, +6 teaching (max +3)

For final stats of:
Safety: +26 (-4 from occupied size, +30 from virtues)
Aesthetics: +30
Vim: +6
Teaching: +3

It is worth noting that while this will vastly reduce the likelihood of laboratory accidents (even when doing wild experimentation) it will also be very easy for these numbers to be reduced by a lab accident which does no damage to the actual lab.- the number of botch dice reduced are rolled double for checking for structural defects. So if you experiment at +3 with a 10 aura and roll a 0 for extraordinary effects you won't roll any actual botch dice but you will roll 26 dice to see if your structure is degraded...

heck, my first thought was stunned disbelief, but upon reflection, that's not a bad way to encourage experimenting. The high safety means you are not actually risking your lab (years of in game effort, the #1 reason I have never experimented), but the possible degradation means a concrete cost in money and time if you botch.

The REAL elegance of it is that someday, Paphos won't be around to maintain these beauties anymore, and it is exceedingly unlikely anyone could ever replace him....

Well, since this will be Maffeo's lab, let's let Astoim decide his requested lab. Here is a list of what I see as "construction" related virtues:

Greater (Major)/Lesser Features (minor): Antechamber, Balcony, Lofty Ceiling, Pit, Void, Window
Auspicious Shape (minor)
Gallery (minor)
Spacious (minor)
Well Insulated (minor)
Dedicated Building (free)(included for future theoretical use)
Elevated (free)(included for future theoretical use)
Grand Entrance
Studio

Anything I should add to this list?

I would also suggest to not allow multiplication of anything that adds to a lab total, such as GQ or a specialty. That could quickly get out of hand.

Don't forget his affinity.

(13-8)*1.5 = 7.5 xp in Ancient Maltese

Also I don't think I ever accounted for it anywhere, but he should have 3 vis so far this year from his PVS (countign fall), and has not used any of it. Also his confidence (after Fall adventures) stands at 6.

I should point out that all benefits of the exceptional construction degrade with the increased safety, down to their usual levels, The rules I have do include a number of effects that an artisan is normally unable to effect, unless they have magic theory.
Which Paphos does.
However as discussed in the other thread, the multiplier has come down to x4.
To be fair, he is a mythic companion, not a garden variety mason.

So to correct the previous posting:
Excellent +3 construction (Free Virtue) - +4 safety +4 aesthatics
Auspicious Shape (Minor Virtue): +1 Aesthetics, +1 Vim-> +4 aesthetics, +4 vim
Well Insulated (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics-> +4 safety +4 aesthetics
Spacious (Minor Virtue): +2 Safety, +1 Aesthetics -> +8 safety, +4 aesthetics
Gallery (Minor Virtue): +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Teaching-> +4 safety, +4 aesthetics, +4 teaching (max +3)

For final stats of:
Safety: +16 (-4 from occupied size, +20 from virtues)
Aesthetics: +20
Vim: +4
Teaching: +3

Would that apply to lesser and major features (most likely statues)?

I dont think Paphos bonus should apply to some structure virtues like extensive stores and spacious though.