Social spelunking (autumn 1220)

“Qezkal? Are you OK?” :cry:
Frederic looks down to see how bad the bird is hurt, and he tries to find out from where the lighting bold came.

Nicolae, still stark naked, let out a powerful cry of rage and shove whomever stand in his way between him and the chasm. He looks down; hoping to catch a glimpse of the Thunder King, his emerald faerie eye being able to see in near darkness.

He then looks in turn towards Maffeo, Tomas and Flavius, and says with his fists clenched and his face turning red from anger:

"You better find a way to get us down there ! Can't you just excavate tunnels between the grottos ?! I swear I am going to tear this arsehole appart! Don't just stand there, do something! You are magi for God's sake ! There must be something you can do !"

OOC: Oversensitive: Animal cruelty

"The sound changed if that means anything. And it sounds like we aren't welcome and neither was the talking cat bird." Tayma leaves out that someone throwing bolts of lightning are extremely dangerous. "If we want revenge we can't just go charging into a lightning bolt. That's not exactly a winnable fight."

Vuplus will come face to face with Nicolae and stare him in the eyes. "IT'S OK", he'll yell, trying to get his friend's attention. "It's gotta be a fae, it wasn't an animal! We just wandered into it's twisted story!" He'll turn away and mutter under his breath. "I hate *@%&^ faeries."

The man is clearly blinded by rage, and is probably saying thing he will regret later on. He stares at Vulpus, and then, knowing that the fox takes pride in being a reference on all subject, will say abruptly and agressively :

"You don't know anything about faeries, Vulpus. I've lived among them, I KNOW them. Hell, do you even know how I came to join the caravan? Shoud I stop caring for magical animals too, then ? To me, it makes absolutely no difference."

He will then looks Tamya in the eyes:

"The sound changed ? Bloody hell, of course it did ! If you haven't figured it out yet, there are probably scores of them down that damned pit. Who's speaking about revenge ? Do you not want justice? Or do you only want it for you ? "

Nicolae will frenetically look for a way down, like any ledge he could jump on as an lion, or any crevisse he could crawl down as a snake. He seems bent on going down the chasm, so if you want to stop him you will probably have to use magical means.

Just to check, is the bottom where the bird (whatever) presumably landed lit / visible due to the various things we have thrown around?
Tomas turns to the other mages "Anyone got a Rego/Aurum ward to keep this guy busy while we figure out where he really is?"

The rock light had diameter duration and is out by now.

"Tomas turns to Frederic "can you drop another light down there? I can step down and see what there is to see. I hope it is more than collecting some vis."

Tayma glares and replies in a harsh tone, "Justice cannot always be quick. Do you have some spell to protect against lightning? A shape tough to survive it? Can your teeth slay it? We have very little idea what we face, and even if we did we would still probably be horribly unprepared as of now. To slay an... " Tayma pauses, intelligence requires a soul if she remembered her studies right, dumb beasts were dumb in part because they lacked the gift of such from God. She starts again, her tone blunted and her voice a little quiter ...a talking creature without reason is a cruel thing. We should retreat, find another of these creatures, determine what we face and return when we can avenge the fallen.

Frederic will light up a group of pebbles to get candle lights.
Level 10 Base 2 Touch +1 Diameter +1 Group +2
Then he throws them down in the chasm.

Tomas will look down to make sure he can see clearly, then step down with seven league stride. (Re 14, Co 25 but reduced to 5 by requisites, 2 Sta, 4 from his cane talisman bonus for movement = 25 plus Stress roll for casting seven league stride: 1D10 = [4] = 4 gives 29, costing 1 short term fatigue.) (Then for Finesse, 2 Finesse + 3 Int + Finesse roll for landing properly: 1D10 = [6] = 6 nets 11) Tomas steps down and looks more closely to see exactly what the situation is.

Garcin will see Tomas go to the edge, cast a spell and dissapear. Garcin will sheath his sword and ready his bow. Cursing impetuous magi, he'll move to the edge and peer over.

Frederic will follow Thomas. Using “Swift as the Swallow“( Level 20 Formular )
CT 16+Stress die 7=23 coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=90256
He would be a poor protector in case Thomas would get hurt.

Frederic pulls his sword looks around and starts to loosen the heater shield he wears on his back.
“Lets hope this faerie likes the taste of iron and fire!”

Those who make it to the bottom manage to catch the last glimpse of the bird convulsing and shifting before it turns into a twisted piece of ivory. Similar pieces of ivory scatter the floor of the cavern, maybe 20 in all. Down at the end of the cavern, in the direction the lightning came from, is a pair of ornate doors that appear to be carved of marble and give the distinct impression of belonging to some kind of temple.

Garcin will try to climb down; Vulpus has no way down and will observe.

Garcin attempt to climb a sheer rock face- athletics(2)+dex(1)+roll(2), he finds he is unable to find a good foothold and is stuck at the cave you are arrived in.

Nicolae`s anger subsides and is replaced by a feeling of helplessness.

"Tamya... Vulpus... I.. am sorry. I should not have screamed at you, it is not your fault. I might not be able to slay who did this, but I sure can help the two magi down there do it."

He walks towards the ledge and for a cone with his hand and scream at Tomas:

"Hey Tomas, a little help for me and Garcin? Can you conjure a rope or better, a rope ladder like you did that time in Romany ."

That would be Creo Herbam? What base? Would it be touch range, since I will touch one part, and create it all the way up? And do I need an extra magnitude for quantity?

OOC: Base 2 + 1 touch +2 group +2 sun for a final level of 15 would do I think)