Social spelunking (autumn 1220)

Here are my thoughts.

Looking at the spell Conjure the Sturdy Vine, and the Creo Herbam guidelines, I'd guess it would be Base 1 to conjure a vine (create a plant), Base 2 to conjure a rope (create a processed plant product), and Base 3 to conjure a rope ladder or even a wooden ladder (wood, i.e., plant product, in an unnatural shape).

Now, Conjure the Sturdy Vine is Voice Range and Sun Duration for a total +4 magnitudes. You could drop it to Touch and Diameter, though those come with their own problems. Probably also +1 magnitude for Size since 10 paces may not do it.

So, I'd say anywhere from Level 4 to level 20, depending how you want to do it.

I shouldn't think you'd need to make it Group, since it's only one vine/rope/ladder.

Group was for the quantity and to account for the multipe ropes in a rope ladder. Anyway, It should be fairly easy, even vine would to as well. We probably have rope anyway has we know we were going to explore caves...

Tayma, takes a few moments to psyche herself up, peers over the edge, falters and then takes a "step" forward willing herself to appear on the ground by the magi. "Well, if you think this is a good idea who am I to refuse. I'm not entirely sure if I can get back up though..

OOC: Stress 8+1 int for a finesse roll if needed. Based off the seven league stride its a finesse of 9, but this is a lot shorter, and has conditions a lot less favourable than normal.

This is hardly the first cave that has been explored by the caravan- I think it is safe to assume someone brought rope.
The remainder of the group descends slowly and finds the same scene at the bottom of a score pieces of twisted ivory.

Garcin will be the first down the rope; hopefully he can climb this a little better.

Athletics 2 + dex 1 +roll 7 = 10

The addition of the rope shifts the target from 9 to 6

“Stay behind me! I´m sure in case a lighting bold is fired on us I will have the best change to withstand“ Frederic is moving a few steps towards the temple doors. Then again he picks up a small stone and spontaneously casts “Lamp without flame” with duration diameter (CrIg Level 10).
Casting total 24+Aura+stress die = 7: coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=90325.
He throws the stone in front of the doors.
A light as clear as daylight on a cloudy day illuminates the temple doors and the area of 10 paces around.

You notice when the light is this close that the doors are slightly ajar.

Vulpus scurries down the rope to where the others are.

Athletics check : 1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Once at the bottom, he surveys the situation, but takes Frederic's advice and keeps to the back. He considers fading out again, but decides to tough it out visible for a bit longer.

Nicolae will kneel and take the ivory figurine that was not so long ago Quezkal in his hand, before standing up. Standing up, he will briefly look at the many figures littering the floor, and join Flavius at the front of the group, as they are about to cross the doors.

If it can be cone quickly, Tomas will pick up most of the ivory. At a guess, each is a vis source, and the sources themselves are beyond harm. What Faeries story is really goin on here remains to be seen.

The last of the vis is gathered and the group is assembled outside the temple doors. Who is going to open them?

Garcin will; he's just as tough as Frederick, and that will leave the magi available to actually deal with the magic stuff. (That is, he will open it unless told not to by the experts. They may wish to examine it first)

You open the door and are confronted with a massive temple with marble walls and a vaulted ceiling that has an opening at the top through which you can see clear skies. The middle of the temple has a long rectangular pool with no apparent bottom. At the far end where one would expect an alter is instead a raised dias and throne of still more marble. Atop the throne is a man with a flowing white bear, windblown hair and a swarthy complexion, dressed in something between a robe and a toga that is a brilliant blue color and shimmers in the light, which has no readily identifiable source. At each hand is a nubile young woman dressed in sandals and a short skirt at either side of the dias stands a man in a loincloth, holding a spear. One of them calls out in a voice that echos through the chamber "lower your eyes in the presence of Amenbaal, lord of sea and sky, approach and kneel before him!"

Frederic whishes he would had have a look through the doors before Garcin had opened it.
Anyway the situation is like it is. He sheath´s his sword and replaces his shield loosely on back. Then he walks inside the hall. A few paces in front of the throne he stops and bows shortly and waits.

OCC: I like to give the other members of the group the chance to join or take other actions. Also Frederic don´t want to be to offensive.
So he will stay silently in front of the throne and wait for the Faeries to speak first.

Tomas can't help a skeptical expression cross his face. He does lower his eyes, and walk. When Frederic bows, he does so too, how so be it a bit awkwardly.

The really awkward part is trying to look up at the sky, while looking slightly downward. Can't be done, no matter how much I try.

I assume Frederic and Thomas passed the pool. Are we observing anything remarkable?

In the pool you see fish, and a bright coral reef, there is sand at the bottom as you pass by, but it is hundreds of feet down.

The man on the right barks "I said kneel, not bow!"
The man on the throne laughs "We can be gentle with these newcomers, they set themselves above ordinary men, and I think they are accustomed to believing that normal rules do not apply to them. We can allow them to survive this transgression. Tell me, surface dwellers, why do you seek Amenbaal?"

Nicolae kneel, and say, while repressing its anger:

"I seek knowledge from Amenbaal. Oh lord of the sea, ruler of the sky, why do the denizens of theses caves who wear multiple skins and speak many tongues have to die ?"

He throw the ivory figurine he previously held in the ground in front of him.

OOC:

Rolls that seems appropriotate given the circumstances:

Etiquette: 1 com +2 etiquette (+1 if faerie) + 3 die +3 confidence = 9
Second sight: 3 per + 5+2 second sight (+1 for regio) + 8 die = 18

Question for everyone: How do you know quetzkal was a faerie ? Did I miss something?

Vulpus was guessing, based on the blatantly supernatural effects such as shapechanging, flying and lightning. Because Garcin verified there was no magic aura, the obvious suspect is the Fae.

Speaking of which, Garcin will measure for a magical aura again, just to be sure.