Speculation About David's Other Threads

That character has already been rewritten and revised (she's in Realms of Power: the Infernal) so your quest is already complete, my friend.

1 Like

Oh yes, she was, wasn't she? Thank you for jogging my memory. I won't be fully satisfied until we have a new official tribunal book, though... :smiley:

1 Like

Hie thy tongue! Iberia is my very favorite tribunal book of all time ever and I shall not stand by idle as you slander the reputation of that fine work!

1 Like

I got it! David's other threads are meant to confuse us, so that he can flush out the other writers, and take their identities for himself! David is a Doppelganger!

2 Likes

I hope it's actually for the 35th anniversary of the game so it would be next year instead of 2024

2 Likes

Since we are not supposed to go out and have super conversations in the other thread I wanted to comment on something here.

I love this. Whenever I read the Rhine book I am saddened by the fact that unless I play in that Tribunal the guilds can't get used. So having them be in the Core would be brilliant.

The idea that there is House and Covenant and now Guild would be brilliant. Especially as Guild is magi from different houses and different covenants and so there is a bunch of potential story hooks and seeds. So yea, this would make a great addition to Core.

I’m not sure if Gilds work so well as Order-wide organizations, some maybe but many of the given ones seem quite tied to the themes of the Rhine Tribunal setting. But as organizations that can provide training and other organizational benefits they seem rather localized and disorganized in structure. Also, the Theban Tribunal already has Leagues which seem a bit more fitting to that setting. Not to stop anyone from adding Gilds to the other Tribunal settings (or allowing a “League Training” virtue in the Theban Tribunal) but, if so, I think it would require some wholly new Gilds local to that tribunal.

What could be done is to set up a core gild mechanic while the actual politics stay local. Of course at some point you wind up with a grey area between gild a mystery cult with a political agenda as well...

I should have known better than to provoke our resident magus of House Flambeau. :smiley:

2 Likes

I'm not much of a fan - one more headache for me to keep track of.

I'd buy a revised edition of the core rulebook in a heartbeat. Physical, too.

6 Likes

I'm really glad I started these threads. The replies are exactly what I hoped for. If anyone has any more, please keep posting them.

6 Likes

OMG, he's using our posts against us, and sucks our creativity and memories! He's actually a Mindflayer from that Other Game! Run for your life!

7 Likes

You cannot use that word! Hasbro owns it! You have to say Mind Thresher or Brain Sucker or one of the artful ways the retroclones manage to do. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mindfileter?

2 Likes

Excoriator mentis?

(This is Ars Magica after all...)

2 Likes

Preying mentis?

EDIT: Yes, aware that the animal is a praying mantis.

2 Likes

A good pun is its own justification. :smiley:

3 Likes

"Worshiping prophet" to "hunt and consume mind, memory, and understanding". Works for me.

2 Likes

The Rules That Should Be Core thread has reached 100 replies, more than what I've seen in a long while. I still don't know what they're gearing up for, but I hope it's something big.

3 Likes