Spring 1290 journey to Europe

"Good news. I may still fly my own way, but saving warping for our sodales sounds like a good idea. I suggest we head towards Magvillus from here."

Aban nods.

"Very well. When will you be done with preparations? I have everything ready."

(OOC: Are we ready to move on to the trip?)

(OOC: I am ready)

"We have taken enough time here, yes. Sure that we are ready."

"Let's go."

So the group is taking the disk to magvillus? Or is Aetherius transforming into a bird (and if so, where does he go to change?)
Also are you planning on lifting off on the disk in the middle of a city in the middle of the day?

1 Like

(I will assume we spend a bit of time to gather supplies for the trip. Otherwise, ready to move on.
Also, I suggest we head out not in the middle of the day!)

"How does this flying platter handle long distance travelling?" asks Plasmatoris, carelessly thumping down to sit next to it and examine the edge, and then the underside of the hovering saucer. "And have you considered painting the underside to resemble the sky for the purposes of camouflage?"

It's not happening in the middle of the city. Otherwise, yes, I think Aetherius will accompany the group in bird form.

we need a roll with Int+Area lore(Africa)- target:12 anyone can make the roll (simple)

Area Lore: Maghreb 3
Int +3
unless someone can do better.

roll of 2 gives an 8. Next?
I'll also accept area lore for the Mediterranean sea.

Plasmatoris has no applicable area lore, and Int +2, I doubt he's learned anything useful - though he does regularly talk with Covenfolk (probably annoying them because he's not a great conversationalist).

And a roll of a 1 (too bad that wasn't a stress die)

Aetherius has no applicable Area Lore, and an Int of 3

and another one.

Aban's int is 3 and Area lore: The African Tribunal 2 (specialization: covenants).

roll of 3 gives 8.

At this point the only guidance area lor has to offer is that most ships either sail up the coast of Africa towards Cyrenaica or by way of the Levant, which is almost entirely controlled by the Muslim sultanate.

"I suggest we head up the Levantese coast. That's how I do it, at least when I have the time. Takes a bit longer, but we shouldn't get lost. Just keep the coast to our right at all times."

"If that's the route you prefer, I have no objection. Let's go."

Departing on the saucer (and a roll of 6 with no aura to transform into a bird for a casting total of 37, costing him a fatigue level.
You fly up the coast by way of the levant and as evening approaches you find yourself north of Jerusalem and south of acre, where an orchard of date trees stands.