Spring 1290 journey to Europe

"Oh they all have different houses but I know where they all are do you want to see the leader except we aren't supposed to call him that or the healer or the librarian or Demetrius who thinks he's the leader but nobody pays attention to what he has to say or the pretty one or the plant lady or mr. dark and gloomy?"

"A Herald is a title and a position," Plasmatoris says, almost distractedly as he gazes around. (Okay, very distractedly.) His wide eyes take in the sights, as if trying to draw in the vision of it to burn into his mind. "A herald is one who goes before, announces and introduces."

The Jerbiton wanders to the edge of the building and peers around the corner curiously, then walks to the other corner, looking around that way too. "Huh."

Aban gives the magi a sideways glance.

"If someone thinks themselves a leader, perhaps we should not disappoint them? Demetrius, then?"

Plasmatoris swivels his head to look at Aban, the rest of his body following a moment later, like an awkward baby bird. This magus is so graceful. "If you believe that is the best course, who am I to disagree?" he says, unaware of the irony in the statement. Then, tapping his chin, he sighs. "I really should have payed more attention to my Parens when he was discussing social acumen and manipulation."

"That works. And if he's not available, whoever can welcome us."

"Okay Demetrius is this was." and the small boy takes off with a speed that is almost supernatural, certainly faster than any of the magi can match without magic. He gets to where you have almost lost sight of him then stops suddenly and waves to encourage you to come along before turning the corner and heading in that direction.

"Hey, wait a little, child ! You are faster than us. Lets the time to adults to follow."

Tastheus goes to the child, look where he wants.

Again the boy is further up the road, this time tapping his foot as he waits and looking anxiously down another path.

Aetherius will follow the child, amazed at his speed and likely pondering an equivalent spell as an inspiration.

Aban follows with a slightly exasperated expression.

as he sees you heading his way he dashes down the next path, and this time when you catch up he is sitting on the stoop of a cottage playing with a stick in the dirt. "Demetrius is busy at the moment but when he is free his housekeeper will let him know that we are here to see him. Be careful she is not a nice lady and likes to grab ears."

Atys waits politely.

1 Like

"I can wait. You did let the housekeeper know the guests are coming from the Order?"

"Ummm... I mentioned there were some men who wanted to see him but I don't think I mentioned the order did I need to mention the order?"

"That would be good, yes. Perhaps go mention that to him?"

1 Like

"In a covenant, I'd rather we introduce ourselves directly." Aetherius will knock politely.

After a few moments a harried looking woman throws open the door, "What now you little... oh, my apologies. I assume you are the gentlemen who want to see Demtrius." she is looking you over suspiciously.

"One of the gentleman, yes. I'm Aetherius ex Mercere, and these are my associates, Plasmatoris ex Jerbiton, Tastheus ex Tytalus, Atys ex Flambeau, and the redcap Aban ex Mercere. My apologies if the young one did not introduce us in full. We're here to request hospitality from the covenant." Aetherius pauses to give her a chance to answer.

2 Likes

The woman begins muttering in Greek under her breath and shows you in to a sitting room to wait while she lets Demetrius know you are here.
Moments later an older looking magus in fine clothes enters the room, looks at Malachi and rolls his eyes, then turns to the magi and smiles, "please forgive the misunderstanding, how may I help?"

Aetherius reintroduces himself and his companions. "We're from the Al Kufra covenant, of the African Tribunal. We were in Cairo and are traveling to the Roman Tribunal and then Provence. A long but necessary journey. We were hoping to have hospitality for the night?"