Spring 1290 journey to Europe

"Ah." He looks around at the group, "We only have one guest lab, but if you are only spending the night that shouldn't be an issue. However quarters may be an issue, unless you are willing to take servants quarters for the night then you will need to share a cottage."
He obviously considers these conditions a great hardship.

While the more focused in the trip work on getting them hospitality, Plasmatoris is mostly following along behind them, but he is very much trying to get a good view of the area.
"Mm. I can smell the air. Salt, ocean. It has been too long. I wonder if I can find a good seaside view. I'd love to - oh, right, I don't have my supplies here." Plasmatoris mumbles to himself and lets out a deep sigh, shaking his head as he hurries to catch up to the other magi.

1 Like

"I can only speak for myself, but I would consider any quarters at all an improvement after the hardships of travel. Thank you."

"Ah, well, yes, I can see where that could be the case, if the ship you traveled on lacked in amenities. Very well."
He rings a bell and a few minutes later another woman, this one well dressed shows up, and he directs her "please show our guests here to some quarters for the night, they have indicated they are willing to accept whatever hospitality is available." The woman bows her head and silently begins leading the party back through the village. Malachi follows along behind whistling. She begins with by showing you to hut which is approximately 500 square feet of living space, well appointed with a feather bed and a servant's cot, along with a couch, a small library, and kitchen.

"So I guess we're missing a few beds..."

Aban looks for anything that could be used as bedding.

Tastheus looked at the room.

"At least, we have walls around and roof above us and a point where we can make our meal."

After these days of travelling, that's better than nothing.

The woman guiding you, apparently mute, shakes her head, raises 1 finger and points to the main bed, points to the cot and shrugs, then gestures to the door and waves her hands in a "follow me" gesture.

"I guess we're being split up." Aetherius will follow.

"I'll stay here, then."

If someone claims the servant's cot then she will lead on to one less further residence, but the remaining huts, they really cannot be called cottages, are appointed with uncomfortable beds (though much better than the ground) and walls which don't quite keep out all the wind, though they do include a fire pit should it get cold at night, and are far better protection from the elements than camping would have been.

In the morning the woman comes back around with a slip of paper indicating she will find cabins on a redcap ship to take you from here if you wish.

Despite being a Jerbiton, Plasmatoris is more than content with one of the simpler huts, his fitful sleep more due to his mind's thoughts and his heart's urge to start painting some of the things he's seen the past days.

Atys will take a smaller hut. Without complaint. To others

Does anyone wish to take the ship or continue to fly the saucer?

"I would fly. It's not as if we'll get lost in Italy with you arround."

Aban takes a small bow.

"Most gracious of you. I do have some experience of that area."

Unless someone objects, he tells the woman a ship is not necessary.

"Shall we thank our gracious hosts and be off?"

The evening passes without incident, and in the morning you find Malachi pounding on everyone's doors at sunrise, trying to make sure they don't oversleep when they have a day of travel before them and he got a lunch packed already with bread and cheese and fruit and some bacon if you like bacon it seems everyone likes bacon. He also managed to get everyone's clothes washed overnight, or rather he took them to the washerwoman and convinced her to stay up late to wash them so they would be dry by morning so now everyone's clothes are clean and doesn't it feel good to have clean clothes people don't think about how much better they feel when their clothes are clean...
Flying with Malachi on the disk is a bit more crowded, especially since the apparent boy has trouble sitting still, but with the lunches packed and not needing to stop and eat (and they admittedly do taste better than typical travel rations) you are able to reach Magvillus by sunset.

When Plasmatoris leaves the guest quarters, the easily-distracted Jerbiton has left in illusory painting of the oceanside scene from on high on one of the larger, emptier walls.

He is also quite excited by the prospect of clean, nice clothes and a more hearty travel meal, though Malachi certainly didn't need any more coaxing to be as energetic as he is. All of that excitement is, of course, turned to a level of grumbling about the travel accomadations suddenly being more cramped.

Magivillius... Tastheus looks at the covenant with deep nostalgia. During the whole journey, he had been putting off his decision. It was certainly that which had made him so taciturn. He had one task that weighed heavily on him and another that filled him with doubt. He had once been a proud and self-confident magi, but now he was back to being the young Tytalus, a little lost, not knowing what to do after leaving his master.

"Plasmatoris, Aetherius. Could I see you privately before we head back to Magvillius?"

Aetherius nods to Tastheus. "Gladly." He will step away with Tastheus and Plasmatoris for a private chat some distance from the rest of the group.