Spring 1290 journey to Europe

Tastheus will take his time to spend a pleasant and warm night with the woman, happily enjoying her charms and expertise.
In the morning, he will meet up with his companions to explain that, thanks to Malachai's intervention, who introduced him to a very charming lady-in-waiting, he has found the trail of their perfecti. The latter is said to be with a certain "Jacques Defontaine" in the vicinity of Paris.

"That's unexpected of Malachai. Pleasantly unexpected, I would say. Nice work kid. How would that lady-in-waiting know where our perfecti is, anyway?"

He seems to be gone with her cousine, it's how she knows about him and about his destination.

"Do you think she could be persuaded, in exchange for some generous compensation, to accompany us and contact said cousin of hers? I suspect it's going to be an easier conversation for her than a bunch of gifted fellows speaking latin knocking at a noble's estate trying to see if he has a servant girl or mistress at his estate. I suspect she's less likely to be thrown out up front."

Maybe we can try, yes. I have no issue for my part to have this pretty woman with us. That would be... pleasant... for sure.

Tastheus turns to Malachai

"Do you think it's possible, Malachai ? Having her with us would be useful and will certainly help me to be less... grumpy."

The last word was pronounced with a amused smile. Surprisly, Tastheus seems to be happier than usual this morning.

Malachai agrees to present your proposal to the woman, and brings back her response shortly, when will need an hour to pack her things and then she will be happy to accompany you.

so, let us the time and go, sodales

The woman arrives at the redcap inn a couple hours later with enough luggage to load down the flying disk single handedly.

"Nice of you to join us, mylady. We're traveling by magic means, so you won't need a year of luggage with you, going to Paris should take two or three days at most. In fact this much luggage will prevent us ftom moving. Then finding your cousin and the Perfecti. And we can bring you back here if you want. Can I suggest picking some essentials and storing the rest? You'll be well rewarded for your help..."

"But I will need all my things to move in afer the wedding, the boy said you have proposed to me."
Malachai turns red and responds to her before adding his own explanation. "I said you had a proposition, there seems to have been a misunderstanding."

1 Like

"Up to you, Tastheus, if you want to make that kind of proposal. You seem in a bright mood, this morning."

I should also point out that the disk was already getting crowded with Malachai having been added. Bringing the woman with you by disk will significantly increase the chance of someone falling.

Well I guess that's a good opportunity for flying as a bird for those who volunteers.

"Hum... I don't really think about THIS proposition. This is not that I'm not interesting, dear lady... It's just not the time, now. Maybe, I could take you, and all your things when we return... But not now. Now, we must move to look after our perfecti and you said me that he's certainly in the house of your cousin. So, for now, Do you accept to lead us to Paris and to your cousin ? After, if I continue to find your company pleasant, we could maybe discuss about more than monetary relation. It's ok for you ?"

She drops her things to the ground and begins crying "You don't want me, you just want my cousin."

Tastheus rises his eyebrow and smiles before shut her with his mouth with a passionate kiss, hug her in a same action. Just after, he wispers to her ear :

"Sure, I want to find our perfecti, dear. But, I also want you come with us, because I want you. So, don't be so... impulsive and come on."

2 Likes

"So after we find your perfecti we can get married?"

Plasmatoris, when he emerges from his sleep, looks under-slept. It seems more and more often that the Jerbiton isn't sleeping enough, though in this case he seems quite cheerful and happy - and he's definitely a mess as he sought to get more art supplies for his ceaseless sketching and doodling. Charcoal is smeared over his fingers and cheeks, hair in a tangled disarray. He sits himself down with a jaw-cracking yawn near the floating disk. "Mmmph. Tastheus, friend, I can see you're living up to your House's reputation of making everyone's life more exciting," he says with a bit of a slur. "Did you go shopping while I was asleep?"

1 Like

"Lady, he said he's not ready to decide until the trip is done. And either way, we can't carry your entire luggage with us right now. But if you help us, should my good friend not marry you, I'll throw in two pounds of silver for your help if we succeed to find the Perfecti thanks to you.. What do you have to lose, exactly?"

1 Like

"Fine." She mopes. "So is there somewhere we can put my things until we get back?"