Spring 1290 journey to Europe

Aetherius will ask the redcaps if they have storage area that could be used until they come back.

They do, for a fee (in either silver or vis, whichever you prefer- a pawn of vis will cover the space for a year).
In order for her to ride the disk Malachai will have to stay behind.

Assuming that they're not talking in Latin, Plasmatoris will look back and forth between the conversations and nod slightly at the marriage discussions, humming to himself. "I admit I did not expect more passengers. I especially did not expect to find one who can handle our magi's questionable charms."

Silver will be best.

1 Like

And then book passage for Malachi back to the Greek covenant?

Does anyone object to that solution?

Plasmatoris approves of trading away Malachi for an attractive woman who'd look good in a painting.

1 Like

Two pounds of silver for the woman, a pound for the combination of storage space and ship's passage for Malachi, and you head back to the flying disk on the mountainside. You cross the mediteranian in the remainder of the day and find another redcap inn in Nice for resting up the next night before heading to Paris. the young woman complains she will never recognize the way to the manor from the air.

"Where would we need to land?"

about a league outside of Paris along the road, so she can approach from a road she will recognize.

Fine. We can land there and continue walking the rest of the distance.

"The fly will only be needed to avoid weeks and weeks of road. We will land near Paris and you would lead us to our perfercti, madame (in french in the dialogue)."

Tastheus seems frankly amused by the situation and happier to do this part of the travel. About the end of their quest ? Maybe... About the young lady in their company, clearly !

Aban does his usual routine of land, hide, mark the spot.

"Aerial navigation can be hard if you are not used to it. It also works the other way round - having flown over a place does not guarantee finding one's way after landing."

Aban is pleased to be rid of the annoying faerie, but he is unenthusiastic about the marriage-hopeful lady. Neither is really evident from his amicable behavior towards them both.

1 Like

You travel for two miles down the dirt road, during which time the woman regularly must stop to rest, or falls into Tastheus's arms as she trips upon some imperfection in the road. Finally you arrive at the entrance to a Manoral estate, peasant huts surround the manor house and she leads you to the front door of the manor. She knocks upon the door then looks to the group "should I make introductions or do you wish to introduce yourselves?"

Plasmatoris is finding the woman's presence to be a delight, most probably because it's someone else's problem. If the bride-to-be doesn't seem put off by the magi's Gifts, he's happy to chat with her, but while flying around the Jerbiton has a tendency to peer around and take in the sights, trying to memorize the vision of the area for his future paintings. 'Paris by Birdflight' would be a wonderful work.

The trip to the Manor has him in great spirits, because watching the lady collapse into Tastheus arms is a poetic delight. "Oh please, do ask the charming lady to do introductions for us. We have lost our previous troublemaking Herald."

a man dressed in an abundance of finery that had to be sweltering in the summer heat answers the door. He takes one look at the woman from Sicilly and blanches. She speaks up quickly before the man can recover "Guilliam! Is Jacque here? My Fiance here," she pulls Tastheus close," is a past acquaintance of the man and was hoping to catch up with him."

Aetherius observes the scene for now.

He answers his own door. No guards, no evident housekeeping staff - Not that important of an aristocrat

Guilliam responds "Miss, you should leave, the mistress of the house threw out your cousin and her holy man over a year ago. The lord of the manor was willing to protect her until his wife began circulating rumors she was sleeping with the supposed holy man. The man was denounced to the inquisition and had been executed, your cousin has been turned out on the streets. leave before either the lord of the lady find you here."

"I don't suppose you have any idea where her poor cousin might have ended up at?"

He shrugs and glances behind him, "I have no idea, really you must be going now." and begins closing the door.