Spring 1290 journey to Europe

yes you could

I'm feel that we spoken about the money before left the covenant. Someone spoken to change pounds in coins... I really don't imagine Tastheus travels without any money on a mundain city, and certainly not for a long journey maybe during two seasons or more.

a search of the thread shows otherwise, and realistically using Mercere credit will probably be the easiest solution, but how long do you want to keep discussing it instead of continuing the game?

1 Like

Plasmatoris definitely supports trying to get credit from the Mercere, getting supplies for the trip (food for the flight) via Grog, and getting some news for the world and seeing what's going on in the land of Provence... Information is the one thing we are most lacking for.
We also should gather information about where we're going to be, make plans for how to pay our way around in Europe.

You arrive at the Mercere house and are greeted by a child, who looks to be about 10, who is speaks perfect Arabic and decent (ability:3) Latin. He asks what the house of the bear (the mundane cover for the Mercere house) can do for you. He does not seem to realize or react to anyone's Gift.

Did I have any notes about the cover and whether I should expect the kid to know about the Order and/or who to contact on site to actually meet House Mercere?

2 Likes

You had messages from the mercere house which used the cover as identification. The kid himself you have no information on.

"I'd like to start by recovering correspondences that are due for delivery, and I also have other business to discuss." Aetherius interacts with him in Latin.

The boy looks at Aetherius and asks "And you are?"

"Aetherius ex Mercere."

The boy looks at you funny "No you're not. Aetherius is an old man."

"You're a bit young to be questioning my age, don't you think?"

1 Like

"I know Aetherius, and you aren't Aetherius."

Do I have the name of local redcaps and/or Mercere magi?

You have the name of the local you had been corresponding with- Diogenes ex Mercere.

What would I know about Diogenes from the correspondences I read, and my relationship with him?

Mostly business, he is a semi-retired redcap who is not able to travel anymore and instead runs the local redcap "house". He apparently imports wine which is an open secret that he gets away with by making sure he only sells to non-muslims, and slips hermetic correspondence into the shipments as well.

1 Like

"And you're too young to judge me. Kindly bring me to Diogenes instead of arguing."

The boy pulls a cord and you hear a bell ring somewhere further back, and a young man comes to the front. The boy speaks up "This guy is trying to tell me he is Aetherius and wants to talk to Diogenes."

1 Like

Aetherius quietly nods to the young man.