Spring 1290 journey to Europe

Tastheus will follow other magi, trying to understand what is the cause of the discomfort of his "fiance".

She responds primarily with the same story you already knew, that her sister was lured to Paris by the nobleman who had promised to marry her, before she found out he was already married, and she is worried about her sister but more concerned with Tastheus, and wants to stick dutifully with him. She does not acknowledge any discomfort with entering the city or the divine aura.

Atys recognizes the power of the divine and puts his faith in it. Though it makes him nervous not being able to fall back on magic. And he hopes that his companions do not start any trouble.

But given that Luc ex Jerbiton has found his way to Paris, he takes it as a sign.

Is there any special way to enter the Covenant du Madame Blanc? Or can we march up to the door and declare ourselves?

If Atys does not know, he will try walking up to the door.

The Paris covenant is a "distributed" covenant- it has no walls to walk up to but instead has individual buildings withing Paris each of which has it's own Lacunae in it and a mage's Sanctum will generally surround the Lacuna which traditionally will be located within their lab. (Holy mages and the like are obviously less constrained). There are a few "public" locations where those who are not members of the covenant can go to make contact with the covenant within the city, the primary one of these being a bookseller near the Seine.

To the bookseller! Atys also checks to see if any of the books would make good additions to the Al Kufra library (and possible to transport).

1 Like

They could easily be transported, most of them are vernacular literature while the remainder are on philosophae, arts liberales, medicine or Christian theology. A wizened old man stands behind a counter ready to assist whose eyes widen at the size of the group approaching his store front.

Atys walks up to the old man and asks for entrance into Covenant du Madame Blanc and to talk to Luc ex Jerbiton. He follows proper etiquette.

The man leans forward and says in a low tone "Large numbers draw undue attention. Go to the hotel Fleuve Vert, tell them the Lady of Venice is paying your bill, we will make contact by morning. Which of you should we make contact with?"

"You can make contact with Atys, but I have traveling companions that will need entrance as well."

Plasmatoris is clearly only half-paying attention to the more pressing matters, the Jerbiton's attention changing from speaking with Tastehus's Fiance and then taking in the city of Paris in general. "This place is... interesting. Unique." He mutters to himself, fingers twitching a bit. He tries to affix particular scenes and moments in his mind, since he can't really do his painting work here.

He nods and eyes the door. "Make sure this Atys takes the fish room."

The party goes to the hotel, transmits the message as instructed, waits till the morning...

Just after sunset the figure of a woman appears in Atys' room. "salve soldales, I am here as a representative of the Covenant du Madame Blanche. I understand you seek hospitality."

"We do. We would also like to have an audience with Luc ex Jerbiton."

"I can pass that message along, are you seeking a full season of hospitality? I must inform you that we do not have enough guest labs for your entire group, and the library does have a guest fee if you intend to make use of it."

Atys consults with his companions. Do we want to stay here for a season?

With the traveling time, we can't make use of labs or study time until next season most likely, or we'd have serious penalties. I guess we want to have a chat about the Cathars, and see how long we need to stay depending on the outcome of that conversation.

The woman's image appeared in Atys room after sunset while he is alone- how is he consulting with everyone else? Is he walking out of the room and leaving her hanging?

He requests time to consult with his companions. And, without being rude, will consult