Spring 1290 journey to Europe

Taking note of the scraps of notes, Plasmatoris mentions to his sodales, "I have an address here listed in Malta, but I am not sure what it is. Most likely its either an art installation I performed, or a particularly inspiring piece of art I found. No way to be sure."

Reposting.

Aetherius has 5 letters from different magi who are writing about their travels in Corsica, Morrocco, Numidea, Tripolitania, and Iberia, and asking for Aetherius advice on places to visit or if he is going to be in the area during the fall of last year.

That's odd. Was that something he had a lot of in his previous correspondences?

"That sounds... very few letters. I though we had many. It's like we just have one season correspondances not more than one year.

So in the new letters for my part, I only have one contact on Normandy, one ine Lotharingia and the Guernicus' primus in Italy..."

He takes the time to read the three letters.

From what you had in your lab these were all correspondances that you had previously written back and forth every season.

Tastheus' daughter in Normandy writes that Despite her advancing age, on some days she wonders if it is because of it, her husband still spends most of his time in the lab, leaving her to fill her days managing the rest of his sanctum and to her garden. Her longevity ritual lacks the strength of a magus' ritual and she is starting to surpass him now in the years that show upon her face, the good news is that the inquisitors have stopped wondering why he has given her no more children.

Your son in Latharingia still has poor skills at writing, though they are improving somewhat as he writes about his retirement, and how he feels like the longevity ritual which was once a blessing, keeping him strong and quick beyond his years is now a curse as he watches his days stretch on before him, having finally resigned as instructor for the turb and he know works on his Latin so that he may be able to write books during his long empty days, and wonders if he should simply skip learning Latin and begin writing in German and French, he hopes his "Manual of arms" will be well received, though admittedly not many of the turb can read.

The Primus is writing because he has stopped getting reports from you and is inquiring whether you are okay or if you have slipped into twilight. Other Inquisitors are being dispatched from Rome to pick up the investigations you had reported, from the information in the letter they should be arriving this season.

"This is going to be odd, having correspondences with magi I don't remember, and who are probably half a century or more older than me."

Incidentally tagging @Panopticon so he sees this thread is moving. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plasmatoris looks thoughtful. "I think it may be a good idea to decide our public reason for any interruptions of our correspondence and communication. Twilight. Death of loved one or familiar. And we shouldn't all have the same excuses."

"That will let us limp forward a bit. But you know... correspondences are also there to help us learn. Somehow I doubt they're interested in the summae I'm reading or current lab projects. And if they are, it's probably not a good idea to write about it. There's a chance I'll need new penpals..."

"We all need new penpals, it seems..."

Tastheus is really in trouble, reading his letters. The letters of his children seems be almost painful and his self-confidence seems to be eroding. Maybe, he realizes really at this moment what they had lost. Maybe, it's just the moment he accepts that he wouldn't recover that...

Plasmatoris settles back and returns to sipping his wine, gazing moodily into his cup. "So we are left with no new information or plans, thus returning to the original goal. Ship to Malta, ask around, then long ship to Provence, then start turning over rocks?"

"We'll see what the redcaps find. We'll advise then if we alter our plan of action. I don't know yet if going to Malta is likely to be productive." he replies to Plasmatoris.

After lunch, Aetherius will ask the grog for assistance in locating Cairo's Seeker's guildhall, giving him any information he could have gathered about the location of the guildhall by briefly perusing his summae.

"Certainly we will have more information about what happens in Europa in Malta that here. I suppose there is some crusaders or heirs in the place. But yes, we need to wait first about redcaps."

Reposting this.

1 Like

After an hour the grog returns, having found the guildhall- it is a 15 minute walk to get there.

@temprobe What was your plan with the guildhall?

Should we consider doing something to speed things along? Maybe splitting the party, such that Tastheus gets to Magvillus and the others to Europe?

My new companion Aban is getting ready to enter the fine-tuning phase, so he might hopefully join either of these parties.

For some reason, I thought I was waiting on a reply.

Aetherius will go to the guild hall. He's looking to make a contact with the guild.

OOC: Good time to introduce @Bartomeus 's companion. I'm not sure splitting is wise as I don't really have a way to locate them once we split up.

1 Like

Plasmatoris's 'plan' is to follow the lead of people he sees as more knowledgeable about social interaction and exploration - letting Aetherius take the lead for gathering information and arranging passage. Should he get a chance to talk to a non-busy redcap he'd be happy to chatter, but the sheltered artist has no idea how to acquire passage to Malta and Provence.

Am I right in in thinking that everyone's waiting for the other person to post here? Aetherius goes to the guild - what's there?