Summer 1202 up the rainbow bridge

"What do we need to bring? Just the wands?"

Hugh hesitates, then nods, and cuts a lock of hair as well. He writes a note,

We are going to eliminate a Muspelli, at the request of Heimdall. He is able to sense what is going on where this Muspelli lives, so he may be able to give you information. We expect to be back before you, so if you are reading this, we may need assistance. [the note then gives the directions to where they are going]

He hands the note to Alva to add anything if she wants, then they leave it and the locks of hair with the autocrat.

Hugh says to Alva, "Do you know anything about the Muspelli?" As he listens to her response, he is leading the way out of the covenant; once they are past the village, up the valley, he stops. "So it's time for the fun part. I think... I'll make you bigger first. Just be careful not to step on me, ok?"

Hugh nods. "Of course! Just tell me what it's made out of."

Hugh begins a loud incantation, and gestures wildly, then touches Alva... and she sudden grows, along with her clothing and gear, to become ten times taller. He repeats the incantation, but with a slight variance, and he grows to match her size. Sionnacliste, in the form of a marten, scampers up him and lays at the back of his net. Hugh looks at Alva, grinning. "Isn't this exciting? I've never been this big before. Don't worry, I can dispel it when if we need to." He starts walking off up the valley, covering much more distance in the strides of a 60-foot man.

[Assuming she lowered Parma - both get Size +9, Moon dur. @silveroak we get +18 Str/-9 Qui, or no?]

Hugh shrugs. "We can try, if you want. But I don't speak Norse, so I'll have to pretend to be mute."

retcon- if I am reading the dice log correctly on discord, the spell failed, since spontaneous spells do not simply cost fatigue and then work if you roll under the required target.

OTOH, a spell under level 30 doesn't cause warping, so there is no point to adding a magnitude to avoid warping, which means this was a level 25 spell, and thus succeeded.

Edit: resolved on Discord, spell is as stated above.

At the increased size the 12 leagues pass as if they were but 130 paces, more or less, and you are there within an hour. You see no encampment of followers, merely the cave in the hillside that Heimdal spoke of. It will be a bit to small for you to enter at your current size.

Hugh will try to look inside the cave, but from a dozen paces away or so, not putting his eye up to the hole - trying to see how deep it goes.

A dozen paces back the cave is too dark to se any further, but clearly has not reached it's end.

Is the cave human-height or larger than that?

slightly smaller- a normal human would have to stoop to get inside.

about 15 paces back the cave seems to widen, she can see animal skins piled in the center of a larger cave about 35 paces from the entrance.

also to answer an earlier question, the growth spell does not add to your strength.

Hugh sighs. "Well, that's a pain. Now I'm going to have to shrink us again so we can go in. Or should I just dispel this one? I guess that would be safer." He leans forward, and whispers in Alva's ear, "suspend your parma for a moment, I'll dispel yours, be ready for anything. Then I'll do mine."

Hugh will cast a dispelling spell specific to the effect he created, making gestures but not speaking. Once for Alva, then for himself.

[Rolls on discord, both succeeded unless something intervenes.

Re strength: not even with a corresponding Quickness penalty?]

Hugh sits. "I can use a rest, but I'm fine. What I'm good at is spontaneous magic. I'm a generalist, for the most part, but good with Muto and with Vim." He keeps an eye on the cave, and pets Sionnacliste as they rest. "What do you think, shall we just head into the cave?"

"Ok. But I may need my hand free for casting." Hugh casts a spell silently, enabling himself to smell magic, then he gets his wand out and leads the way into the cave.

After you shrink a sudden storm rises up, which smells strongly of magic. It is a heavy downpour which threatens to soak you in a matter of minutes.

[is the storm effect in touch range for dispelling purposes?]

you could create something to protect yourself from the effects but the storm itself is in the sky, and you cannot touch it. Voice probably wouldn't reach it either under the current conditions.

Hugh shouts, "Let's just hurry into the cave!" And he does as he said.