Summer 1220, Chapter 3c: An Unexpected Collapse

Rhodri follows him silently, glancing back at Sanno for a moment before exiting.

Once they are outside Attravere will turn to face Rhodri. After wiping his tears away he'll look Rhodri straight in the eye.

"Friend Rhodri, I -understand- that you did not mean to insult me by suggesting to bond with Sanno, my friend and the familiar of my mentor. Nonetheless, I can't but help feel some slight."

"I offered to save his life if he so wished, that is it. I never presumed he would want to bond with me nor that I would have a claim over you. If he doesn't choose you, would you prefer I just end his suffering?"

With a small step back of shock and a progressive expression from disbelief to resolve.

"If he wanted to be bonded to you I would respect his wishes."

And then through gritted teeth.

"I do appreciate your suggestion that I would prefer my friend dead."

"Now, shall we get on with the business of vengeance? Do you have any idea where to start? I would suggest we find an arcane connection to his body and try to locate it. That should give us a good indication of whether he is dead or in final twilight."

Attravere knows that Sanno had an empathic link to Maribus. You might want to bind him first and begin searching for Maribus after he's recovered from his ordeal (the physical effects, anyway) as his assistance may be useful.

(OOC - Then I think we're just waiting for Sanno to regain consciousness so he can choose Attravere or turn him down.)

He would accept either of you, and his preference would go to whomever promises the swiftest, bloodthirstiest revenge :slight_smile: He is a bit of a lecher and has more rapport with Attravere so he would likely choose him, given the time to consider more carefully.

If Attravere spends autumn binding Sanno, and either Sinmore or Rhodri spends the autumn reading through Maribus' journal, you can depart at the end of fall, before it gets too cold for travel.

Sinmore likely knows nothing of the events here, but has found out in her own way, and she'll spend time in Fall doing the research and then in Winter will begin the hunt. She doesn't object to any help, but she insists that she goes.

Edit she'll leave before it gets too cold as was suggested.

Rhodri has some projects to work on in the autumn. However, hopefully splitting the reading with Sinmore could enable it without interfering with laboratory work.

One person will have to do all the reading; if you tried to split it up you'd have to spend so much time talking about it to try and sort out what is or isn't important that it would just take up a whole season for everyone involved.

Sinmore can read it, she'll spend the Fall doing that and give an update to Rhodri.

I'll start Fall chapters once the Summer chapters are finished; you can fill in everyone in character then.

Will probably move Rhodri and the Faerie knight to PM and start Fall a bit later this week.

Should Sanno wish to be bound by Attravere he will go ahead with spending the Autumn season performing the binding ritual.

Sanno wishes it.

After the binding he seems withdrawn and depressed, but grateful.

Please update Attravere's character sheet with your cord scores and whatnot. Sanno does act as a lab assistant during the binding process.