Table talk (Bibracte)

I think we've had this discussion before. I've run several very popular one-off RPG sessions at conventions over the years. They need to be interesting ideas which can be effectively played in 2/3rds the alloted time, so that the players can have time to RP.

They were a pretty diverse set of games, too:

• a Memento style, non-linear session set in Legend of the Five Rings
  • a game that claimed to be Shadowrun but turned out to be Aliens 4
  • a Little Fears game called Run For Your Life, Charlie Brown!
  • demo RPG sessions for Exalted

Those were probably my most popular ones. I agree that the standard is generally way too low, especially when it comes to publisher-sponsored games. I've pretty much stopped playing the Shadowrun Tournament games, because I've been able to guess the plot within the first 5 minutes of Round I every time.

To be honest, I'm just killing time until Tribunal and the Giant Summit.

Is that enough?

Well, resolution on the threads going on now (particularly the misadventures of [strike]Fiona[/strike] Blanche, and Ulrich's stuff, advancement and training and whatnot). I'm actually kind of enjoying not being the lead in ten different threads for a while, kind of give me some down time so to speak.

But, off the top of my head, pretty much. It gets pretty chaotic here, sometimes.

Just wanted to be sure...
Sometimes? I think the only time it isn't chaotic is when I say I'm taking a few days, and then it quiets down to a dull roar.

I started and stopped the thread to give a bit of a push, to bring things for the players into focus.

And I think I've been extremely clear, it's up to the player(s) to initiate this. Who is doing it and how are they getting there, what kind of resources are being made available to them, and when are they going? Much like you started Other People's Vis, any player(s) can start this out. If you want stuff from Confluensis, you have to go there, or at least someone does. I've heard send Renaud being mentioned as going there but really if that player doesn't want to send him I'm not going to force it. And perhaps it's me, and the amount of stuff going on, I just generally don't get the sense that anyone wants to go there. Makes some sense that the characters don't want to go into the lion's den, so to speak.

Very true. I'm still ruminating on how available some of the less common texts might be. I think you're asking for odd stuff. Things that might be in a magus's library, but hasn't been transcribed into an available lab text. This involves a time cost. I'm not sure that Mons Electi can pay the cost, so to speak.

When does someone have enough Greek knowledge to learn what is in the stash? When I get to a point where the 1223 stories can be closed off, I can detail the stash. Not sure how this has any bearing on the Crowbar thread, though, so I'm saying whether you or anyone has cataloged his stash is irrelevant to that thread. You might learn more about Guernicus House history, but it would be foolish for Viscaria to mention any of that while doing the tour/inspection.

Yes and no. Marcus disappears in 1223.4, are you really assuming Marcus isn't back a year before the Tribunal? While I haven't played him in later episodes, I hadn't made it clear, and I'd left it undefined, based on what players planned to do. If no one goes to get him, that's probably the case. Oh, and as above for Confluensis, if people are going to get him, start the thread and let me know who's there. I know I said I'd start a thread in the Blacksmith of Brandywine, but I am still not really clear on who's going. It's not really definitive. Players who are going to try and rescue Marcus should start in a new thread, I can then put some meat on the outline for that story, based on the actors involved.
If you want to presume that Marcus is unavailable for Viscaria for any reason and the Bath House is unfinished, well, then it is unfinished with the Tribunal officers visit. Keep in mind Roberto doesn't arrive until after the events of Crowbar.

I guess my silence wasn't clear enough. :smiley: I didn't voice a problem with what was done as far as the copies made, given what Peregrine wrote for the texts, it seemed reasonable, and probably satisfied the demands of the players better than anything I could have come up with. So I didn't think I needed to explicitly approve it. 1222-1227 OOC - #442 by Peregrine_Bjornaer

Wait,
what about Roberto and the Bath House?
I missed something.

I will be clear yet again. Renaud offered to go to Confluensis but no one took me up on it so we have since moved on. Renaud has not gone to Confluensis and at this point is not going to Confluensis.

Korvin has 1224.1 season set to read and catalog Apollodorus' papers/books and things. He will have Greek 4 at that point.

According to your friendly neighborhood Diocetes, our Greek teacher is engaged with instructing Korvin through 1224.2, at which point Korvin's score will be 4. The teacher will continue with Jacques for nine intensive months of Greek training, followed directly by Isen.
Does this teacher really not have a name yet? or a background? The only thing I can find is a suggestion that he's Daffyd's uncle. Let's either name him Benner, or let Peregrine choose a better name :smiley:

I think I've correctly updated the Mons Electi library catalog now.

Not really, doesn't affect Roberto, unless Viscaria corners him as soon as he comes to Mons Electi and the troupe decides that Marcus isn't available (for any number of reasons). Bottom line, Viscaria is making Roman baths for the Tribunal. She knows that Marcus designed the heating system for Apollodorus's baths at his villa that he maintained at Valnastium. Marcus can do it, but so could Roberto...probably. It really could be handled in some IC interaction once Roberto arrives. So I'm not going into too much depth, but giving you the highlights of what's being talked about as a player, so you can decide how to proceed in character.

Nah, Benner works for me.

I noticed on MagiPlanner that Fiona and Alexei are studying the same book in 1227.4

As long as he is a former professor at the university of Paris it will work.

So, how does one, serious question here, induce a Magister in Artibus who isn't a magus to come to a covenant and teach? Keep in mind he has to teach two seasons a year, at least. Why teach and Mons Electi and not at the Sorbonne? Yes, I know the Sorbonne didn't technically exist until 1257...still.

Hunh. Not quite sure how that happened, I'm usually pretty good about making sure a book or a teacher isn't being used when I lay claim to it. For what it's worth, my MetaCreator shows that I updated Fiona's sheet to show studying the rego book on July 9.

money.
Cash, coin, rare books, etceteras.
I am sure some material exchange can convince him, and I think this covenant should be able to afford it.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought.

Money only goes so far. Looking at the magi planner...he is underutilized.

The opportunity for mostly one-on-one teaching, perhaps?