Table talk (Bibracte)

It's so much easier to do spell research when your cat isn't sitting on your book. And, yes, this is the kind of thing I think about when I'm clearing the driveway.

Winter's Greatest Boon (PeAq 10)
R: Touch, D: Momentary, T: Part.

This spell allows a maga to completely clear an area around her ten paces in each direction. A Finesse roll (Ease Factor: 9) allows the maga to shape the area cleared, so long as it is no more than 400 square paces (for example, a path two paces wide and two hundred paces long).

Base 4 (Completely dry something, up to the size of a small house, that is wet), +1 Range, +1 Target (as the spell only clears part of a snowfield).

You can do the same thing with ReAq5 and turn the snow into steam. It is Base 3.

Which also has the added benefit of warming the maga. Me gusta...as long as I'm not wearing glasses :laughing:

Huh. Can Merinita do that with Range: Road?

I would be very surprised if they couldn't...I don't see any reason why "road" couldn't be defined as "my front walk". I'd have to look up the specifics to be sure, though, but that's what my gut tells me.

Right, but its a Range, not a target. I think there's a Mystery that allows for Target:Road.

So, I'm wondering if you could do +2 Range: Road, +1 Target:Part, to target all the snow on the path.

Aaaand...I think I just found the archery sergeant for Insula Canaria.

Hello gang
I took a break from this forum to recover my strength and on the positive side I have found a new job that will perhaps not tear so much from my strength as my current does now but for now I can’t keep up the sagas that I run and participate in. So I am going to close down my sagas and perhaps some time in the future I will try to start again or join somewhere. Whatever feels good at the timeThank for the time we had together and perhaps we cross blades (keyboards?) sometime in the future.
Thanks and take care everyone
Max
For those who asked what I meant with that Onesiphorus character sheet blew up. It used to be a nice set of tables and now it is just scrambled letter as a few missing posts…

Congratulations on the new job, I hope it goes well for you. I know how job-hunting can beat you down.

And sorry to see you go, and I do hope to see you back again, sooner rather than later.

Um...so...what do you want us to do with Onesiphorus?

I'm guessing he can disappear into a Regio which would allow him to come back later. Good think Korvin learned AoH.

Kidnapped by Guernicus commando team...

@Anyone: I had put the character sheet up on Obsidian Portal, so there is a good copy there we can reference. I hadn't perused the sheets on Atlas for a while.

@Mad Max:
Thanks for the message, and also for letting me come into my first game here. You're a big part of getting me interested in running a game, or even playing Ars again. If you come back, we'll orchestrate a jailbrake for Onesiphorous.

Amen to that. Good luck, max, and take care!

I'm pausing action. Lost Boys needs to move a bit. Hopefully amul will be back able to add commentary there. Despite the threat of imminent combat in that thread, it is currently not a combat story, and there are some interesting decisions to be made.

Presence requested is being paused to allow Lost Boys to catch up a bit, although I can trim some elements from it. Same goes for Fall of Night.
I'll keep my eye out for activity, but my weekends are committed to other activities.

In my own personal home improvement saga, discovered a roof leak. It was a happy accident, drywall hasn't been finished, and allowed water to leak from the attic. If the drywall had been finished and insulation put back, it could've been much worse...

Still it's a "yet another thing" kind of situation. I'll be honest, the amount of adversity I've faced recently has really made me consider throwing in the towel on this game thing.

I thought we were waiting for you to adjudicate stuff on the Round 4 actions on the Fall of Night thread, to be honest.

That sucks, but at least they caught the leak before it was too late. Hopefully the whole remodel thing gets finished soon.

And I for one hope this game continues a while longer.

They=me. I'm acting as general contractor organizing subs and what not. It is quite stressful.

You are waiting for me in Fall of Night. The main reason for that is the lagging activity in Lost Boys. There are a mess of items that will end up converging.

My comments about throwing in the towel are mostly me venting. I'm releasing pressure in this way so I don't do it another way. Having some direct, positive feedback is much appreciated.

If anyone's interested, I think I'm just about ready to start looking for players for my Loch Leglean saga. Scared spitless (never run PbP before, and haven't run a tabletop game at all since...oh, '02 or so? I'll post a link when I put the announcement live, or until then you can pm me if you're interested or reply here.

You must have offensed some deity somewhere, since the more troubles you pile on, the more improbable such a cascade of bad luck becomes :unamused:

I really hope you'll be okay in the end, and able to keep on gaming. So far, I consider you to be pretty good at that whole thing, and it would be a shame if you had to drop it.

Hum... Does the above count?

Dunno.
On the one hand, I am curious.
On the other, I fear time and commitment issue (Loner magus forever! <3)

It's not really all that improbable. The house is 30 years old. The roof is about 15 years old. It's about due for a replacement, it was next on our list.
So, I got up on the roof Saturday and noticed a mess of nails that had popped up. Given the sheer quantity of nails I had a contractor come out and take a look. He agreed with my assessment that the shingles themselves are fine, and the nails are the problem. Due to my fear of heights and generally poor balance, I'm going to hire him to ensure all the nails are reseated properly, and also replace/repair the plywood sheeting and shingles in the spot where water is coming into the house. It's not a huge leak, we had pretty heavy rain a couple of different times, in addition to 3 inches of snow and the associated snow-melt and only once did we observe water coming into the house. The cost of the repair is minimal and should buy us a year. The plan is to then put on a metal roof.

In all honesty the timing of events couldn't have been any better, and actually could have been much worse! Drywall could've been been finished, including the skim coat on the ceiling, paint applied, cabinets installed and then it could've collapsed the ceiling... I'm just exhausted from the yet another thing perspective. I'm also doing almost all of the work by myself. My wife has a broken foot, so she hasn't been able to do a lot. She can help me place drywall sheets, which we did this weekend, so the room has drywall on it. The same contractor recommended someone to finish the taping and mudding, and I'm happily taking him up on that offer.

Yes, the above counts. Thanks!
Now, as to the Lost Boys situation, you may have to take a firmer measure of command. As amul is currently away, you're essentially the only magus in a position of authority. Claude won't help, but then you haven't ordered him to do so. My feeling is that Isen has been there long enough for Claude to know that he has some concept of battle tactics, so refusing some sort of direct order has huge implications for both characters.

Feel free to lurk. And if you do decide to hop on down the line, I'm sure we can work you in somehow, even if it just running an npc for a while or something.

Well, if that is so, fine! I'm reassured.
I just hope this'll come to an end, and that you'll have a fine house in which to live. Although, as it goes, with you changing one thing after the other, it's gonna be entirely new by the time you're finished :laughing:

Does Claude speaks Latin? :mrgreen:

I'll try to come up with an idea or two.

Thing is, so many magi to do, so little time! :laughing: