Table talk (Bibracte)

I noticed the Hogwarts reference. I'm surprised you didn't just add to the map JL and I have been working on.

~mock pout~ I see you didn't add Laguna Sententia, home of Viscaria's pater. I can't remember where Mystikae Eikona comes from.

I'm tempted to update the Phoenix wiki and JL's map to bring that data up to 1222, especially since I'm running the trip to Phoenix. Touching the wiki feels weird, though.

Why does it feel weird? There's a rich tapestry created there. If it will help you with the epilogue, do it. If you introduce something that is too unbalancing, I can come up with a way to limit whatever.

Also, I like the finger pointing of diabolism. It plays into the Guernicus stuff I have going on.

Urge...to reveal...spoilers....growing....

The neat thing about the Mercere rivalry is that it includes PC activity and plans, and simultaneously explains why no one beyond Iberia really knows what's going on there or cares. I mean, wait until you see what I've done with the Shadow Flambeau! Every Iberian is surprised that the entire Order isn't up in arms over this, but the communication network is at war with itself, so nobody really even knows. It keeps the entire situation nicely contained.

Plus, there's pretty much an entire generation of RAW newbies who staked a covenant claim. If we had got to Summer season, Phoenix was going to be swamped by a dozen fresh-out-of-gauntlet PC stereotypes seeking their support to validate one Spring Covenant or another.

Most of them have are dead by now, though. :smiling_imp:

Well, certainly don't reveal trade secrets... or stuff you want to pull off in this story.
If I'm going to play Ra'am, might want to give me a bit of history on what's gone on...

Hello

My notes on Onesiphorus are very clear to follow so I have picked up at where I left of. For now I am working on completing my magus and then he will reappear. :smiley:

The Redcap network problem fit right into JL's assessment that Korvin, being a gifted Mercere, is used for special messages. i have to look over my aging skill allocation but I think he has made two trips to Iberia and one with in the last 10 years.

Mystikae Eikona was my first PbP saga. Started out...um...don't remember just where it started, I think it was Blogspot/play-by-email, somehow, then moved here.

And there's an Hogwarts reference besides Beauxbâtons, actually in the Loch Leglean Tribunal. (I wonder, if the Dark Lord had realized what Diggory would become, if he would have had Wormtail cripple the spare instead?)

I'll have to try to figure out how to port the covenants from the other map to mine.

I can invite you to edit the one amul and I had used, depending on which might be easier...

I actually just went to your map, clicked on the covenant name, and then hit "save to map", so all the ones that are still around should be on my map now.

Nice companion piece to my "Covenant Directory" spreadsheet (which has, or will have, every covenant mentioned in every book I have and every saga I've played in, as well as every magus).

The 3 serpents are probably still too detailed for a heraldric device, yeah? Maybe I should just have three serpent heads, one in each corner (east, west, south) of the mont.

Looks awesome though! Hermetic Silk Screening!

I'm liking it. Pretty sweet!

I miss phoenix very much :frowning:
It had such great promise!

You should put Clair de Lune, too :wink:
arm5phoenix.wetpaint.com/page/Clair+de+Lune

:open_mouth:
Awesome, althougb I concurr with the serpents , at least if we want it to be concuspicious enough. With this, anynone will realize it's too detailed, and everyone who knows of the order will know our true colors.

Maybe we could use this with hermetics, and a less detailed, more evident version for the mundanes?

Seriously, guys, it was about 5 minutes worth of work, once I finally remembered to do it. And adding the logo from the books was maybe 30 seconds of it. I was just posting a work-in-progress to get feedback.

If you want to make it really easy for me, find a period coat of arms with a snake on it for me to work off of. Everything that I'm finding is way too modern.

Another bizarre thought: Could Thera (help) build the bridge between the covenant mountain and the Tribunal Field?

That would be one HELL of a spiderweb....

Maybe with the judicious placement of a few Conjure the Mystic Towers to act as scaffolding/support pillars?

CtMT is a pretty expensive spell from a vis perspective to use as scaffolding.

In theory? Of course.

In practice, her webs will fall short on size and/or duration for such a massive project. Even Moon duration wouldn't be enough :frowning:

She should be able to make regular webbing, outside of her magic powers. After all, she needs to eat. The web powers are just used for combat.

Okay, I give up. I cannot find my copy of RoP:M anywhere. Whatever clarification needs to happen with her powers, it will have to happen after I find it, and that should no longer hold up the game. Please carry on with that thread.

Ok, I had begun implementing a backup plan (closing the mouth of the cave). I agree that she should be able to make regular webbing, the problem is throwing and or manipulating it over extremely long distances. Normal spiders can't do that.

It's going to require a mondo finesse roll. Some of my issues with Rego Craft magic are the high finesse rolls necessary. Ostensibly, rego craft magic should be able to break something up into pieces, completing discrete pieces of work before moving onto the next task. Yeah, casting 1 spell to assemble a bridge from the component materials in a moment should be absurdly hard. The Rego craft magician should be able to break a project down into more discrete pieces. I'm interested in entertaining this discussion, as it is a relatively big problem. The finesse roll necessary to succeed here is about 30... And that might be low, depending on how long the bridge could be made by mundane means (more than a year?).

I concur. The original thought was for her to spend her focus power to say she had previously built a trap there, but that seems questionable now that I'm out of the "must win combat at all costs to logic" mindset.

As far as the current combat goes, we should just agree that the powers she has don't work at this distance, and have her climbing/leaping up the side of the mountain to catch up to the intruder.

[/quote]
The problem I'm having is that the Rego Craft magic rules all assume that a magi is going to want to do whatever she does in a Momentary Duration. There should be a trade off between time and Finesse difficulty. For example, if the target is 9 to do a day's work in a moment, then there should also be an amount of work she could do in a diameter at EF 9, and so on. This gets even trickier because she's a Verditus. Theoretically, I could claim an Outdoor laboratory with it's unlimited size options, and then use my Verditus Magic skill to build the bridge in the lab without any rolls (2nd paragraph of Verditus Magic, MRB pg 93). This is clearly ludicrous, though.

The rules suggest:
+0 for one day's work
+3 for 1 month's work
+6 for 1 season's work
+9 for 1 year's work

So, it seems trivially obvious to me that a Diameter duration ReCraft spell would be
-3 for one day's work
+0 for 1 month's work
+3 for 1 season's work
+6 for 1 year's work

But after that, things start getting tricky, with Concentration and Finesse, and how does Prof:Architect fit in there?

Regardless, she's going to need to invent additional spells, possibly some rituals, to convert the quarried stone into the buildings we want. The next step is going to be figuring out what those should be.