Table talk (Bibracte)

An intruder! Get the intruder! :imp:

Just kidding. Thanks, I knew there had to be something in one of the books with a new base guideline.

You have no idea... Or perhaps you do.
Did you read Iospehus prelude?

I...did...I must be missing something.

Again, these spells rely on the ReCo guidelines. IIRC, Hermes Portal does, too. Then again, it's also a spell that has to be cast, twice, simultaneously at two ends... So it's a huge big deal.
I think a 7 league version of the spell is sufficient, which would make it 50th level (Base 30 for 7 leagues away, and +4 magnitudes for Arcane Connection Target).

If someone is more than 7 leagues away with your talisman, you've got some big troubles...

Giants tearing up the place. Intruders, indeed.

OK the way you worded that, I thought it was in reference to the spell guidelines, and I'm like..where are there spell guidelines? The giants are tearing people to pieces! I'll hop in on that whenever it would be appropriate, if it's appropriate. I wasn't sure if it was a vision either. Dang Criamon!

No, I was going for the intruder thing. :smiley:
amul and The Fixer, who's made a comment previously, are in a game I'm playing, Phoenix, amul is the SG there. We've chatted a bit about some crossover possibilities. There are some timing issues, though. Phoenix is set in 1213.

And it was a vision.

I have to check these when I get home, this seems like way too much power is required for something so time honored and traditional seeming; conjuring something from elsewhere.

Seven League Stride is a 7th magnitude spell, you're transporting yourself someplace else. Ostensibly you have either an arcane connection to it or your you can see. It has a personal target, and is base 30.
Change personal to arcane connection and you've moved it to a 10th magnitude spell, because arcane connections add 4 magnitudes.

Of course, you can reduce it if your closer, and if you're further, you're correct, it is a ritual.

It seems that way to me too - it doesn't make much sense to me that it should be that hard to summon your own Talisman, when it's just a normal-sized object. These wizards should really be able to do that much more easily, given what else they're capable of.

A thought: would it help if you made the spell just move the talisman physically through space towards your hand (i.e, - sorry to say it - Luke Skywalker style)? That would reduce the base. It would also reduce the utility of the spell a great deal, though...

Well, making it fly into your hand is considerably simpler... Like 2nd magnitude. Teleportation (instant travel from point A to point B seems reasonable to make it more difficult)
In the case of the Prelude, it was 3rd magnitude due to the large spear tip. And if he wanted to teleport it into his hand, without the spear tip, from less than 500 feet it would've been 8th magnitude.

That makes sense - maybe that might be the way for Alexei to go, then, if he's happy with it.

Flying seems to be the way to go I guess. It just seems that there should be a lower base for teleporting something to you.

Can I assume that from here Alexei and his party will enter the Covenant proper and attend to Mufarjj? I'll be able to post a bit today (but can't roll any dice), but by about 5PM central I might not be able to post again until 9/12, though if possible I'll check in.

Not sure who this is addressed to.

That was addressed to Helmut. I split up the post, let me fix that.

That, and (imo) the visual just feels more right than having it blink there. A staff flying to the owner's hand seems more appropriate to the setting somehow.

Probably not going to be able to post much more at this point. Alexei will attend to Mufarjj and once the Bind Wound falls, will have a doctor tend to him, then put on the Healing ring. He'll only activate the healing aspect. Not that he wants Mufarjj to be in pain, but with his attitude he'd likely hurt himself worse trying to move around once the pain goes away. He'll instruct a servant on how to help activate the ring for him.

From there he'll spend time learning the lay of the land and improving his French.

Take it easy all, I'll try to check on this when I can.

I think there's an adequate resolution to your prelude. We'll wait for the first council thread as I indicated, and I hope to get people started on their seasonal threads as they're ready. Mufarjj recovery will take some time, I'll need to review those details again, but again, it's something for you to tackle when you get back.