Table talk (Bibracte)

FYI qcipher:
I've been putting down a paver patio since ~7am. I'm beat. I have some extra work duty tonight, so sometime after 8:30 I'll be able to post. If I can stay conscious, that is.
I'd like you to do a finesse roll to see how close you get to your talisman. If you meat an ease factor of 9, you're close enough to pick it up the following round. You'll be able to use it to defend an attack from Mufarjj

No problem, take it easy.

I'll roll it when I get home and we'll take it from there.

I should be able to post up until Monday afternoon, after that i don't know when then next time I can post before 9/12.

OK, Finesse roll is updated.

Ok. I'll take the success of the finesse roll, you're close to it.
IF, your spell goes off. It's easy, granted, but I need a stress die for anything done in combat. Finesse is to see how close you get, but it doesn't cover your spellcasting.

Woops, that's right, not to mention he has it mastered, so he always rolls stress. I'll do that now.

Did I need to roll Penetration on the spell?

No, you do not roll for penetration.
I caclulated your penetration total as 25+3-10=18. You did not penetrate.

Jeez, well if that didn't penetrate, then his staff ain't either.

Alright, and that's it for me tonight, g'night all! It;s a fun fight. I need to take some offensive spells twould seem.

If I remove the spear and cast Bind Wound on it immediately that should him for now right? Until the spell wears off, and then another spell could be used to either permanently heal him or provide a Healing bonus right? I'll hold off doing anything until then. I can cast a healing ritual but it wouldn't help him.

You probably need to have someone else pull the spear out at the same time as casting the spell. Someone else pulling out the spear might be best.

OK, I was thinking the same thing. I'll work on that in my next post.

This comes from my recent post, I'm putting together my wish list and tried to design this spell:

Return to your Master! ReHe (Te) Levle 55
R: Arcane Connection D: Momentary T: Individual
Causes the item which the caster has an Arcane Connection to, to instantly return to his hand, safely. Designed with Alexei's Talisman in mind.
Base: 35 (from ReCo spells) +4 for Range

This spell is so powerful, it is a ritual, when all it's doing is summoning one's Talisman to you at a range of Arcane Connection. There isn't an equivalent base for teleporting wood or metal that I found, so I used Rego Corpus, and the base for Teleporting to an Arcane connection is 35. But for Leap of Homecoming, the total level is 35 (Range is Personal). Why would it be so much harder to teleport something to you? Does anyone have an aalternate base for teleporting wood/metal?

So, I posted Mufarjj. He's Alexei's companion.
Note, in the battle, he took 23 damage from Alexei's spear . He's dead at 25.

Yeah...I thought he might have a little armor or something...we'll need to set him up.

He won't wear armor. Get prepared to go round and round on that one. (Note:Overconfident)

Just a heads up - we have no power or internet at my house, as of about 7.30 this morning. (The joys of living in a small town.) Hopefully they should get everything up and running again tonight or tomorrow (when Dad has his follow-up on his surgery from last week), but it might be a day or two before I'm able to post anything meaningful.

Maybe I can sneak on a Doublet of Impenetrable Silk at least.

That would be acceptable.

Pardon my intrusion into your game, but may I suggest you look at Covenants, pg 100? A Simple Charm for The Recovery of Misfiled Books, and Demand of the Frustrated Scholar Soothed for counter-examples.