Table talk (Bibracte)

Regarding the 5 year plan, maybe we should try to make some kind of spread sheet or something, otherwise we'll have to review several sets of plans maybe and see if there's crossovers with studying certain books. The schedule of Princeps reviewed and the schedule of vis maybe?

Some ideas for what might happen in the next few years:

We'll effectively be getting the Major Hook of Roads by way of the Mercer portal we now have. This can cause problems but potentially be a source of vis. Alexei, since he pushed for this, will also work on defenses of it. Not much of a Ward maker though. Perhaps some items?

Want to update the broken walls, an item to strengthen or replace them would be good.

Research and cast a stronger Aegis? Likely need stronger Wizard's Communions also, Alexei has one I believe.

Other ideas?

We do NOT have a Mercere portal. We have a Hermatic portal which lasts one year.

Woops, I get those confused. Still, Alexei will probably guard it during that time then, maybe study vis since he wouldn't need a lab for that.

Anyone want to extend the precept schedule through 1226 or 1227?

It really is. Actually, the whole reason I went looking for the Atlas Forum games in the first place was because I got very excited by a discussion of all the internet tools we could use for managing the ArM logistics.

I still think there's got to be a better way to spreadsheet our seasonal advancements...with a separate page for the library, and a columnar check to make sure we're not trying to read the same texts...

Done.

You can do a lot with Excel. It is quite programmable. Not sure if OpenOffice has close to the same ability

So far,Korvin is planning on using The Grand Jest (perdo summa ) in 1223.3 and the first tropaea tractis Q15 corpus in 1223.4.

Abagail MAY be reading in 1223.4. Not locked down yet.

I use OpenOffice (got it after the free Microsoft Home/Office stuff expired on my new computer a while back) and I haven't found anything that I wanted to do that i couldn't.

Is there a break down of when Princeps duties are? I see people taking them into account, but not where they got the dates.

I figure Alexei will likely spend time at Val Negra, I'm thinking 1 Season per year or so, barring Princeps duties.

With all of the teaching going on, Gunthar is a weapons teacher...but he can also teach Teaching and Leadership.

The rotation has its own page on Obsidian Portal

I'll try to keep that in mind. Fiona could definitely use help on both counts.

In the wiki on obsidian portal. BP has it up to date.

OK, I updated Alexei's activities on that chart (which again, thanks!) here's the simple breakdown of the 20 Seasons. In Winter of 1222 Alexei went to Val Negra.

Alexei

1. add enchantment to staff
  2. Open staff to take more Vis (3 more pawns, 15 total)
  3. Add enchantment to staff
  4. Travel to Val Negra for Season
  5. Learn Ward Against Heat and Flame
  6. Princeps Duty
  7. Learn Wizard's Sidestep
  8. Travel to Val Negra for Season
  9. Read In Flux Veritas
  10. read In Flux Veritas commentary
  11. Travel to Val Negra for Season
  12. Princeps Duty
  13. read In Flux Veritas commentary
  14. read In Flux Veritas commentary
  15. Create spell: Diamond Thrust
  16. Travel to Val Negra for Season
  17. Learn Leadership from Gunnar
  18. Princeps Duty
  19. Learn Leadership from Gunnar
  20. Travel to Val Negra for Season

In the Seasonal activities thread I'll detail the inventions done (but the staff enchantments are already there) and update Alexei with xp. The Princeps duty I'll have to decide what he'll be doing, likely attending mainly to the defense and learning the local language and area I figure. Val Negra activities have to be determined with JL and me.

Question, does learning spells from a lab text count as Exposure xp?

My kneejerk reaction was no, but then I looked it up and it looks like you can: "Hermetic laboratory activities grant Exposure experience both to the lad magus and to any assistants." And since inventing a spell (even when using a lab text) is a laboratory activity, I'd say that counts.

I say yes for the same reason as PB

I'm back, although I have a number of issues to take care of at work. There's a fair bit to catch up on, even though I tried.

Happy returns!

Quick question about Language Exposure: the house rule only changes the Source Quality for learning the local language, not the occasions when you can pick up Exposure XP in Local Language?

From the HR thread:

You can take 1 source of exposure XP every season. Whether it is French OR MT because of lab activity is up to you. Does that answer the question?

But only in seasons where I do not gain XP from any other source, correct? If I read a summa, I don't gain Exposure xp, even under your house rules?