Table talk (Bibracte)

Salvage? Is he in pieces? Does he have residual value? :smiley:

HE MIGHT BE.

You still working on that starter-kit I sent you a while back?

No, I went back and forth with whether I wanted a human who could turn into a fox or a fox who could turn into a human, and then I couldn't decide. The character I'm bashing my head against now is the otter who is going to move into the burrow under Eilean Chon :slight_smile:

He passed away today.

Here's a very NSFW tribute to him.

So, Peregrine hands them out, and I... umm, don't.

I kinda forget about 'em. So watcha think we need to do to rectify this?

I award Confidence points for character development (internal conflict, growth) and for general "that was an awesome post" rewards.

In my tabletop game, I awarded a point to everyone every session for showing up, I would award one point to whomever made the game particularly fun for me, and let the players vote on which character made the session most fun for them. By nature of Ars Magica, there was usually a consensus.

Start handing them out going forward?

I don't see a reasonable way to figure out "back-pay" on Confidence Points, so I think that's probably the best way to go.

I have a formula that I use for experience and confidence points, and generally figure/award both at the same time, although there are times (like with Arya's sonnet) that someone does something that makes me go "Holy Moley!" and I figure it deserves a reward.

No, but I certainly can award confidence for what's gone on recently, I just handed out XP, so doing confidence now is not a big deal.

What's your formula? I like formulae. They're like rules which provide structure. I don't want a just hand 'em out 'cause I feel like it. I mean, sure, awesome posts deserve some kind of reward. But being the arbiter of what is awesome is hard for me. :-/

In my saga, I use Confidence Points to reward role-playing and [strike]stumping[/strike] impressing the gm. If you actively participate in the thread (or, if it's a big year-long thread like Intercharacter Goodness, that particular storyline within the thread), you get one. If you challenge me in a good way, by making me think about what I'm doing and fleshing things out more, you get another one. If I actually go "Wow" that's a CP.

So, I figure, on average, you'll probably get two, maybe three per story to go with the Adventure XP.

As far as Adventure Experience Points: if it's a main thread (e.g. one of the seasonal character-based adventures), I start with 6 if you just show up and do something. If you manage to accomplish something, that's probably 7 or 8. If you not only accomplish a goal (either the one I had going in or one that you came up with that just seemed better) but manage to impress me with either outstanding role-playing or real character advancement, that might be 8 or 9. If what you do and how you do it just blows me out of the water, that's probably a 10. I use the same formula for minor threads or for cameos in a main thread (e.g. Halie in A Nice Chianti), but do it on 1-5 instead of 6-10.

I've never seen an actual guideline for how many experience or confidence points to award, so I just made up my own guidelines and just hope they work out well.

Consider the CP stuff stolen. :smiley:

Hey, fair's fair :smiley:

CP in PbF is a pain in the ass.

The easy option: Consider that in each new thread (generous option) or year (less generous), you get your full confidence back.

I generally have restored confidence if used. I just haven't added any.

Perhaps because I'm playing a Tytalus in PB's saga I am noticing Confidence more. The ability to burn two at one time is...significant and makes me much more mindful.

Extended break.

I had said I was going to be putting a break on things in mid-June. I'm moving that up a few days. See everyone 6/20 or later.
I'll pick up the pennant thread and finish that when I get back. All other 1222 threads are done effective immediately. Think about what you want to do moving forward, I'd like to skip a few years and do vignettes for players focusing on some of their story flaws. If you want more than that speak up.

Thanks, see you after 6/20.

Have a safe and productive trip. Moving is rough, best of luck.

I'm not moving... You skimmed my message a bit. :smiley:

Going back home, to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday.

So, don't worry about the total stranger in our basement, then? :smiley:

Posting will be erratic now through 6/20.

Working on Korvin's 5 year plan. Hopefully post something later today.