Table talk (Bibracte)

A shield won't extend my touch, but it will extend my "prevent from being touched".
Follow my logic...
A talisman shield is an extension of my magic resistance. You pretty much can't touch me without getting past the shield, which shares my MR.
Also, if being enchanted &/or having active magic means the shield is resistable, then it has to penetrate your MR in order for you to be able to touch it.
And I can instill effects that affect me personally, making it imposible for you to touch me unless the effect penetrates your MR.

Yep. You were saying that it shouldn't be your talisman, in which case I think the best sort of enchantment to put on it is somebody else's. That way you can have attacks nobody is expecting from you.

Because, really, who expects to be turned into a pig when they land a blow on your shield.

Hmmm...Enhanced Curse of Circe is a Level 40 spell (really? I added 2 magnitudes for size? Why'd I do that?vrummage rummage rummage Ah...so it will affect fuglies up to Size +7. Makes sense.). Add, say. 24 uses a day (+5...and you don't plan on taking more than two dozen blows on your shield in a day, do you?), makes it a Level 45 Enchantment. Fiona's MuCo lab total for enchanting items, including Sheelagh and Paul, is 61, so she can enchant it in...three seasons. If she experiments, that adds +6 from Fiona's and Sheelagh's Inventive Genius, and an average of 5 on the die roll, so call it +11 for a Lab Total of 72. She can then enchant it in two seasons. She can add +6 Penetration (+3 to the effect level, bringing it up to 48) and still do it in two seasons. And that's without looking for S&M bonuses.

Not too shabby.

Did you remember to add 8 for the Similar Spell?

Oh! That reminds me! I want to equip my grog with a ring that creates an unlimited number of aerodynamic shields, with each lasting a minute. Or maybe two spells, one creating actual throwing knives and the other creating the shields. Of course, he'll need some real throwing knives on him too....hrm....maybe a third spell that's basically a knife version of Crystal Dart....

No, I didn't. That brings her LT up to 80, with experimenting. Still can't pull it off in one season, but she can in two, and add another 10 to Penetration (16 Penetration total) (+5 to the Effect Level, bringing it up to 53). Still doable.

Probably won't be able to post much until tomorrow, Saturday.

I will never believe this. I just spent like a minute trying to do it in the mirror without looking menacing.

I had the same thought :slight_smile:
Didya see the set up I left him? I imagine Carlos as Bing Crosby, Junior as Bob Hope, and Roberto as some holywood star of that day. Who?...

Which storythread is yours?

Who, me? "In My Mother's Footsteps." Also, depending on your point of view, "Tribunal Preparations." Though that isn't a thread with a plot.

I'm only interested in rumors of live sheep, thank you very much.

I totally thought you guys were talking about Theraphosa.

Speaking of her and her brood, we should probably do something to artificially increase the animal population, before they thin it out too far.

opens mouth

closes mouth

opens mouth again

closes mouth again

walks away, shaking his head

It seems that there should be a CrAn to increase an animal's fertility (or a CrCo to do likewise for people), but a glance at the guidelines in the book and on the .pdf show nothing.

I did, however, find a guideline that gives bonuses to childbirthing rolls in the .pdf that references Art & Academe, which should become very relevant to Hiems's and Cygna's interests in about a year, around the end of 1223.

HProj has nothing, either, which is odd because it has an entire section on building up a magical menagerie. I guess it isn't thinking in terms of herds, though. Just spells to affect a single animal. I suppose that's fair enough, though.

Oooh. How about this:

"The Longest Slumber"
CrAn, Base 15: grow to maturity in a day
+1 Touch, +2 Sun, +4 Boundary = CrAn 50, ritual

This spell causes all animals within a boundary to mature to adulthood overnight. It is best performed so that the ritual ends at sunset on the summer equinox to ensure the healthiest and strongest growth cycle for diurnal creatures. This spell should not be performed more than once a year, and magi should be wary of the consequences of repeated castings over the years, as populations increase and animals acquire more and more warping.

Edit: I keep forgetting that the brood are just Size -6. You can fit two in your hand. A rabbit would last one for a year.

Had to google it. Have the "trilogy" on my shelf, at least. Clearly needs rereading. :slight_smile:

While trying to find the post where Jonathan determines the exact footage of the Aegis, I came across this conversation:

Whatever happened to that mastery text? Its not in our library.

Also, our Aegis Texts says:
Additionally, there are several Aegis of the Heart rituals 10th, 15th and 20th magnitude, (+3 size magnitude).

That's ReVi 50(35), 75(60), and 100(85), right? ~sigh~ Oh, Apollodorus, how I miss you so.

:open_mouth:

Ok, I think after much reflection, I know where you're going with this. Still sort of guessing, but I'll forge ahead.
crazy nutter :wink:

[/quote]
Second Sight. CrIm 10, that's a target number of 7 to see through, my friend.

Oh, and that was supposed to be "through it!", no question mark.

Huh, thought I had checked for that. How did you get Second Sight without the Virtue? And CrIM 10 is EF 8 I think. (Not that either is particularly relevant.)

But now, to me the natural interpretation of "see through" in the description of Second Sight is "be able to see the unillusioned form", not "treat the illusioned object as invisible" - like Discern the Images of Truth and Falsehood. Otherwise, man, I've got some awesome pink dot spells for you to use on walls and stuff.

I thought you were demonstrating a PeIm effect there where the lacuna is....

Strong Faerie Blood comes with Second Sight and the ability to see in pure darkness.

The illusion only covers 1 sense, right? Sight. So she can see reach through it.

And she wouldn't have been able to do a PeIm effect without use spontaneous casting rods, a formulaic casting tool, or a device effect.