Table talk (Bibracte)

At least now I'll know not to buy those "leather trousers" from that shop in Autun....
Thanks for the Normandy cram session :slight_smile: (I thought it was like a debate or something....)

My experience with cloaks is that, unless you hold them closed, they are going to gap something fierce. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing if you're not wearing anything underneath, depending on where you are.

Even looking at the cloaks on GIS (did you remember to turn safe-search off? :wink: ), and most of those I can see what the model is wearing underneath.

That was probably me. I have been using the Conditional Formatting rules to change the background color of entries with certain keywords, so that we can easily see if people are overlapping use of popular items:

Princeps Duty
Rego (summa)
Tribunal (the tribunal tractii)
Parma (summa)

....And somebody seems to have replaced the last one with a conditional formatting on "Invent," not sure why. It isn't a single-user resource.

You can click on "Revision History" to see your old values.

I did the "Invent" conditional formatting. I figured out how to apply it only to Tranquillina's column, so I undid it from everyone else.

I may have mentioned it, not sure, but I'll be away for the weekend starting Friday morning and be back late Sunday so no posting probably until Monday. Going to Las Vaegas for my 40th.

Happy 40th!
I am at a con this weekend, so I don't have any expectations.

New Useful Tool Discovery!

sagachronicler.appspot.com/

Covenant -> Characters / Log / Library / Covenfolk - IGNORE

Rule Lookup
Spells - Partial String Matching, Returns source and page #
Abilities - IGNORE
Virtues & Flaws - Partial String Matching, Returns source and page #
S&M Bonuses - Partial String Matching, Returns VALUE, source and page #
Spell Guidelines - Empty, but you can add to the list.

Apps -> Dice Roller / Spellcaster - IGNORE

No idea when the thing was made or how up-to-date it is.

Wow, pretty sweet :smiley:
The spells go at least through Magi of Hermes, so that's not too shabby....

ah, I notice that the shape/materials stop at around G. Maybe they're in the process of completing it.

And the Virtues and Flaws, while (relatively) alphabetical, are all mixed together, with nothing indicating whether it's a Virtue or Flaw, or what kind of V/F it might be. Looks like it could be better organized. The current Virtues and Flaws Index pdf off the website (current through Magi of Hermes), I think I still prefer.

I think it might be interesting to start generating a set of online tools that are generically useful to an Ars Campaign, based on our content.

What are the tools you guys are using now? Other than Invisible Castle?

Obsidian Portal for the saga wiki, Google Docs to host spreadsheets for the covenant's vis inventory and income, and for the magi's and apprentice's seasonal plans.

Don't forget our map.

I like the map :smiley:
I wanna do something like than for my saga.
I did notice that some of the Covenant names were lifted from my old material :slight_smile:. I created Vaetrix back in the 90's and my buddy joked about how the name sounded like a chick metal band.
Plateau, I think, is something I also ripped off from an online saga. A 3rd ed Iberia campaign website. Dating back to the 90's.
And to tacked on Novus Mane!

:smiley:

I do like the original story idea of NM seeking new vassalage under Mons Electi. Can we still incorporate that? Jebric, are you still planning a Havlard &/or Marcello retcon?

I think I stole from the same site/saga. Prospectus Locus?

I basically stole the entire start-setting for Prospectus Locus for Phoenix 2.0 -- we generated characters for Phoenix, but none of us wanted to play in the campaign premise that Jean Michelle had set up as Phoenix. So, we had characters but no campaign, so I stole the Prospectus Locus setting and used it to build the Phoenix 2.0 campaign. I stole a whole bunch of other Iberia campaign setting from places online, too. Then Phoenix somehow turned into the base setting for Bibracte and Shores of Albion.

I kept meaning to mine data from Andorra too, but none of you ever extract your campaign setting from the game threads! It has been very frustrating for me!

Anyway, I like the idea that this particular forum is generating it's own unique world setting, which we all sort of choose to sort of/kind of base our games in.

Work has gotten in the way of my gaming. I'm going to pick up things that have languished on Monday, maybe Sunday night if I'm back from the con early enough and get my chores done.

Prospectus Locus. Yep, that's the one :slight_smile:
In small part, it formed the basis of the Volume I Andorra saga I played in the 90's.

Andorra is easily mined. There is a separate thread for Covenants of interest in both Iberia and Provencal. And you either mined Vaetrix from there or mined it off of someone else who mined it from there. And I recognize my book titles all over the place in other games.
In a small part (always with the small parts), in some small part, one of my goals with that saga was to create a resource that other people could mine just as I had mined off of others.
And now I am mining stuff from you guys too :slight_smile:

But mining does not mean copying. I also like to create my own setting of sorts. I use resourced material to make it easier, including non-cannon covenants that are tied to old Ars Magica lore which I can reinvent as fits the game.

No worries :slight_smile:

So....you're arguing that before the fall of Rome and the decline of Western Civilization, they had skills that they lost in the Middle Ages? I completely agree!

~duck~

Well, I'm actually thinking that if reading aloud was common in monastic scriptoria that it wouldn't necessarily be the case among magi. I can certainly imagine magi wanting peace and quiet. In any event regulations requiring scribes to be silent date from the ninth century, 4 centuries earlier. So whether magi can read quietly is up for debate...