Table talk (Bibracte)

JL, can you please invite "cunningrat" to join the campaign on Obsidian Portal? Existing account, I just haven't touched it in years. :smiley:

(Yes, I'm stuck at a client site and bored to tears. Can you tell? :smiley:)

Does that mean we should change our name to Mons Eisley?

Dear Murphy,

I write to you regarding one Alexei von Kroitsau, magus Flambonis. Please feel free to disregard anything this man says completely and thoroughly from this day forward. Certainly don't take anything he says as a personal challenge.

Love and kisses,
--Stultus Maximus

Something that was presented in Transyvania can have implications with us and our Covenant. Page 59, it goes over travelling into Regios with Rego Corpus. Basically it's possible with some regios and impossible with others. Something worth researching maybe?

I haven't had time to read Against the Dark.
But that's basically what happens with Mons Electi. See also, Candidus and Lapis Crudis being cut off...an example of a regio that cannot be crossed with Rego Corpus.

So now there's canon for it...except that there's no actual rules for it, just the confirmation that it can happen.

For the What Happens Next thread, I'm thinking about pulling time out of this particular thread. What I mean by that is that it is like a series of council meetings. This can cover the introduction of new characters of Gerulf and Stultus and including Rose as an NPC. There's also the information that Tranquillina learned in 1227.4 that needs to be disclosed. It's a chance to reset.

Any comments about this?

I'm good with this.

It'll work no matter what we do, so I'm on board with whatever.

Sounds like a good way to hook the new folks (AKA moi) into the saga, so I would be pleased with this.

Since I like the tease...

[table][tr][td]Korvin[/td][td]The Antiquities Road Show[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fiona[/td][td]I Know What You Did That Summer[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Tranquillina[/td][td]The Mistress Always Spanks Twice[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Alexei[/td][td]Where All Honor Lies[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Roberto[/td][td]The Alabaster Lioness[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Isen[/td][td]Midnight In the Garden Of Something, Something[1][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gerulf[/td][td]Too Much Of a Good Thing[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stultus[/td][td]To Love and Lie In Normandy[/td][/tr][/table]

Stories will cover a span of 1228-1229.

[1] This one is the weakest of the story titles and may change.

Breath... bated. :slight_smile:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Apparently I don't deserve a story of my very own.
It's OK.
It really is.
I'll just sit here... in the dark... alone....

(Just kidding. :smiley: Besides, I'd be really surprised if Stultus didn't get some 'screen time' in "The Mistress Always Spanks Twice". Great title, by the way. )

Buckle up, buttercup.

I take no credit for that, except I stole it from a Castle episode. I also thought about changing it to The Mistresses Always Spank Twice, and I might still. Playing with the stories.

Let us run with it and see what happens. Just as long as I only need to follow one thread at a time :smiley:

Well, the council threads are generally open ended discussion based on whatever is going on. And then your own thread. So, two threads, with primary focus on your own thread.

Can't post on the Horse of a different color thread now, but no matter. Alexei would go on to whatever celebration there was and probably pass out when evening hit and the pain returned. After that he'll attend the Tribunal and put on the ring starting the next sunrise, it will give a decent healing bonus and if he needs to he can use it to remove pain, but he intends not to do that for the most part.

((Vis isn't an issue, time isn't an issue... What is Alexei doing in the summer of 1227? Can he manage a -3 modifier to activities?

Alexei will spend the time in contemplation, he's going to send to Val Negra or other suitable Covenant to request a book by Flambeau's second apprentice, it's both a religious treatise and I think is also about the Order's place in the Divine. Can't think of the title off the top of my head, but it's in the Societates book under the Flambeau section. So through practice/exposure maybe he'll qualify for some xp in Divine Lore or Theology? He can't do much as far as studying anyway, he's the Senescal anyway for the rest of the season right?