Table talk (Bibracte)

Have people learn an encryption scheme. Change the memory into a stone. something small. They will only be able to encrypt or decrypt message while holding that stone. Of course losing the stone and you would have to learn it all over again. And if someone else steals the stone, it does not work from them because it is not their memory. Mhaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaa! 8)

Now it would only be as strong as the code.

Use different kinds of flowers for diverse messages and you are good. >There are thousands of possible messages out there. Now get your apprentice and make him spend 3 months collecting and drying flowers. That is what apprentices are for :mrgreen:

Actually, I just realized something. We're talking about using jongleurs and minstrels as agents... there's no guarantee that any of them would know how to write. So their messages would have to be delivered verbally... either to an intermediate agent who knows how to write ('factor') or through a magical solution that captures their words.

InMe or InIm at R: Arc would work too...

You could use MuIm to change the species from echoic ( hearing) to Iconic (sight).

This was discussed recently on the main forums. Certainly one can transform the echoic species of spoken words into iconic species, that would then propogate differently, etc. It's not clear to me that the iconic species would look anything like written words, though - white noise is a more likely possibility.

Would be hilarious if they looked like waveforms. :slight_smile:

I agree, the iconic species wouldn't look like written words... but that's actually better. If we can record them, we would then be able to use MuIm to translate them back into spoken sounds...

If they looked like otomotopaeia (probably spelled ths wrong, why is this word so long for describing such a short thing?!) it'd be even better. Someone punches someone:

BAM!

I see now that this is the best spell possible :mrgreen:
Pilum of Fire: ZZZOCK!

There is a spell in HoH:MC that changes magic into species. Pg 101 in the Glamour magic. Ball of Abysmal Music MuIm20 Req: Vim

Incorporate the basics of Alchemy & Astrology into core Hermetic magic

Just planning ahead for when "Dinner and a Show" is wrapped up. Stultus needs to talk to three people: I'm trying to figure out which ones will require a scene, and which ones can be handled via OOC notes or PMs.

• Korvin: discussion about his acting troupes idea, and trying to sweet-talk him into a Longevity Ritual.
  • Alexei (wearing his Imperator hat): delivering a warning about a rumor Stultus overheard during Tribunal. That one can probably be handled off-screen.
  • Tranquillina (wearing her Diocetes hat): A discussion about a possible weakness in Mons Electi finances that Stultus identified, and ways to resolve it. That one is probably best handled on-screen, since it can segue into a discussion about Korvin's idea, a discussion about Tranquillina's conversation with Bilera, or a few other places. :slight_smile:

We normally have a catchall thread for this stuff

Sweet-talking Korvin is a grand time, just ask Tranquillina :mrgreen: :laughing:

I wanted to have a "chance encounter" mini-scene with Tranquillina and Stultus too. Tranquillina will be going on vacation for a couple of weeks, probably starting the day after this dinner scene; that won't be a secret, so it's entirely plausible that Stultus might arrange to "accidentally" bump into Tranquillina before she goes.

Sure, we can go with that.
( Given how much Tranquillina twitches any time her former mater is mentioned, I keep having this image of Stultus sneaking up behind her and going [strike]"Blucher!"[/strike] "Cumhachd, Cumhachd, Cumhachd!" :smiling_imp: He's not nearly that mean, though.)

You can hop down to 'What Happens Next' thread and run your scenes there.

I'm going to be airborne most of the day tomorrow (the 4th), and don't know what my access will be like for a couple days after that. By the end of the week, I expect things to be back to "normal" for a couple of days, but I start my new job next week, so I should be available evenings. Don't know yet what that's going to do to my posting rate, but we'll see.

Good luck, Peregrine. We'll see you soon.

Safe travels.

As a side note, we're at 16k posts. :slight_smile:

That reminds me...the only sheets I can find here or at Obsidian Portal for Helmut are from 1220, when he was 15. Are there any more current that I'm missing?