Table talk (Bibracte)

:blush:

No...I haven't updated any of the grogs I made I'm afraid...propbably should get going on that...

I will be traveling starting Friday and will have limited time and internet access until Tuesday. i think everything is kind of in a holding pattern.

So, I'm really almost uncovered up. I'm ready to get things moving...
When last I was here, I was waiting for you guys to pick what you wanted for the first selection from the Tribunal Prize vault. Or prioritize your selections if you had more than one. Has that been hashed out to everyone's dissatisfaction?
And if there is a prioritized list of selections, if I could get that in a concise post, I'll identify what you received...

Regarding getting Alexei up to date, he failed his aging roll in winter, so he needs to get that taken care of. Korvin and Fiona volunteered I believe on that, he has a year before he'd need to take it.

The next thing would be finding his familiar. But before I put any of that in the planner I want to try and get some dates in mind, other than that one of the main things would be brushing up on some Code of Hermes as well as Order of Hermes Lore.

Well, I'm about as settled in to my new place as I'm going to get until I start getting paychecks again, in a few weeks. I don't start work until Tuesday, and we're expecting rain this weekend so I doubt I'll be going anywhere. Down side, I got a slight case of the crud (although not as bad as last time I moved – drove almost 1800 miles in three days, and then slept for most of the next three).

So I'll be trying to get caught up on everything the next day or two. If I can remember what the froo I'm doing. :smiley:

Go with the final list from the tournament prizes thread

Malware outbreak at the office. First time it's ever happened to me...

Serenity now...

SHINY!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Sorry I've been so quiet the past few days. I came down with the crud late last week, and am still getting over it. And I totally didn't feel like thinking at all this weekend, but I have been reading. Started my new job today, so I'll have a couple of hours in the evenings to derp around, and I'm off this weekend. But between getting a new checking account and going to see Oz, all on the bus, I don't know how much time I'll have Saturday. Sunday's wide open, unless somebody kidnaps me or something. (Hey, a pony can hope.)

In retrospect, that could also have been a concept that would work well with Stultus' personality. Parrot Bjornaer. Polly want a finger! :smiley:

Sorry i haven't been posting as much lately. Busy (with nothing important), but it seems stories are progressing well without me.

I have to re-read the developments with the play and playhouse. Alexei's involvement could be with the new duties as the officer in charge of mundane affairs. Plus he'd like to see the plays, he is a supporter of the arts...it just depends on the type of play I guess.

Just as an FYI, these are two somewhat-different things. The play can be performed anywhere, but is specifically geared towards being performed in covenants, in front of magi, by an acting troupe that includes a Redcap. The playhouse is meant to house plays that an acting troupe already has in its repertoire. They can go together, but aren't specifically meant for each other.

FYI, if you want to see the full text of the original "Orestes", there's a remarkably well-done translation here. I think it might be an adaptation rather than a translation, actually. I even stole a few lines from it for Stultus' thing. :slight_smile:

This. Is. AWESOME!

Heh. Glad you like it. And, glad you could join us. :slight_smile:

I'm going to be spending time digesting what's gone on in my semi-absence and pushing forward on stories here in the next week.
I've finally recovered from:
Upper respiratory infection
Storage array failure
Massive malware infection at work...
And lastly nice stomach bug to round things out (took me out this weekend).

I'll be posting the prizes for the tournament, and other things shortly. Apologies for not moving things forward, and I appreciate everyone stepping up and keeping things going in PC interaction while I was "away." It was more than I could have hoped for from this saga. You guys are all awesome!

Some questions I have for the troupe... Not sure if they've been discussed/decided.

Hermes Portal cast by and for the Tribunal in 1227, connecting Harco and Mons Electi. What're you going to do with it? Say it gets cast in Spring of 1227 and would last for a year. There's been talk before, I think, about maintaining such a connection. Has the issue been settled, dredged back up, decided, etc? I don't recall all the details, and thought you guys might. Maybe there does need to be a council thread to discuss these things, or it can be done OOC. It has some impact on the way I'll structure stories, including on how annoyed the antagonists of the stories will be. I'll point out that Fiona would benefit greatly from maintaining the Portal, as she can go from Mons Electi to Harco to Durenmar via portal, rather than Mons Electi to Durenmar overland.

I thought I had more, but writing that one out made me forget the rest. I'll go back to work now.

I don't remember deciding this either way. How much would it cost to maintain it (vis?)? Do we have to decide soon, or just before the year is up?

Personally Tranquillina has little need for a Hermes Portal, but she won't be upset if the council as a whole votes to keep it.

I think the price established in the thread where Ariel was elected Primus can be used (I'll look it up later and post it, unless someone else does it before I can). House Mercere wants to keep a Portal up and running between Harco and Mons Electi for many reasons. I think I've hinted at that bit before, but I'm stating it explicitly, now.

And deciding is a matter of ongoing story process. The idea is that it would be maintained from year to year, then I can use it for stories in 1228 and 1229 without going back to the troupe and asking if it was still active. You could, as a troupe/covenant decide to keep it for 1228 and not for 1229, and I'd be fine with it. I just need to know what resources you're bringing into play that I can count on. Keep in mind that a portal also opens up the world to all the characters who can't ReCo someplace and allows for transport to a number of places for little cost. The cost would be going from Harco to anywhere but Mons Electi. The Harco-Mons Electi portal would be free to anyone Mons Electi designates to use. Also, some covenants might want to use the portal, if it's available, allowing for some vis income.

One of the magi might remember that they know a Bonisagus specialized in portal magic, who is also a Mercurian... This could cut down a little on the cost of maintaining such a portal for Mons Electi.

Just a hint. :wink: