Table talk (Bibracte)

Does it? You want to be surefooted on loose ground. So you're changing your body to give it a minor ability, not changing your body to have goat's hooves. The goat's hooves are a cosmetic effect -- they wouldn't require a requisite.

Now, if you were trying to explicitly give yourself goat's hooves and a goat's sense of balance in order to achieve the same thing, that would require an An requisite. Not that this matters much either way -- I just love these rules discussions. :smiley:

Exactly what I was thinking :smiley: But I was at lunch and do not like replying on my phone if i can help it.

I would think you would want the goat's balance and strength of legs in this case.

The spell I was copying (Magi of Hermes, page 85. I accidentally bought the PDF of this last week, when I already had the hard copy ... but now, when I'm at work, it's paying off!) does literally change the feet into goats' hooves, and it does have an Animal requisite. Compare also to Eyes of the Cat (ArM5, page 131), which also has an Animal requisite. It's not ridiculous to think that similar spells could be designed without the requisites (personally I am inclined to be somewhat strict here, except that these spells are like level 5, so in the end it's not a big deal).

I dunno. I guess it boils down to paradigm, and how magic operates in your saga.

Take 'Eyes of the Cat'. Most magi, when they want to see in the dark, naturally think "I want to see in the dark like a cat", so "Eyes of the Cat" is designed to give the magus the eyes of a cat. (I think it's in the spell description).

Now, let's say I want to invent a spell to give my eyes an ability to see in the dark without using a cat as a pattern. The question is, do I as a magus have to specify how this is to be managed? Do I have to specify that the spell, say, increases the number of the rods in my eyes, or the A&A aristotelian equivalent? Or do I just specify what I want done and let the magic figure out how, because, well, it's magic?

EDIT: just to clarify, these are mostly rhetorical questions. :slight_smile:

The only thing i can think of is what (if anything) MarΓ³s does when she finds out about Fiona's reforging, when she's in town for the giant summit.

Other than that, nothing until Grand Tribunal.

I guess that story is then finished, although we don't seem to have wrapped it up with XP/Confidence points awarded.

I think that's all the loose ends as far as Tranquillina is concerned - other than any wrap up/awards from all the Tribunal threads. But we'll get to that I'm sure. :slight_smile:

Actually, from what I can see the Hermes Portal was set up for the thread "1222.3 Race for the Pennant", which was about the nomination of the new Primus of House Flambeau.

Transportation of the large stone for Fiona's pegasaurus (the thread "1225.2 Cuts Like a Hot Knife Through Buttah ") was done by Petronius using a specialized portal spell that did not require raw vis.

Another Hermes Portal was set up for the Tribunal meeting in 1227. I may be missing other occurences on Hermes Portal being set up, though.

Quite. your facts are getting in the way of our story. :smiley:

I can imagine several magi not remembering the facts. I can't really see Korvin not remembering the facts, correctly. :smiley:

Folks, if anyone's bought Sub Rosa #13, can you PM me, please?

Er. Sorry. That was supposed to be Sub Rosa #12 -- the one that just came out.

I recognized a fat finger... :smiley:

Stultus and his typist???

[spoiler]No, it's not really Stultus and his typist, it's Jeff Dunham with one of his puppets, but I thought it was funny.[/spoiler]

Well, now I can feel justified in playing Fiona as a sex machine.

Wait, you thought you weren't justified before? :slight_smile:

So, since we've got threads up for 1228, does that mean we're good to advance our ravening hordes through 1227 and spring 1228?

Yeah, sure, you betcha.
Some stories or going to kick off in 1229...

Apropos of absolutely nothing: I've watched this three times now, and still can't stop laughing.

Linky

I've been using the Unseen Servant when the Invisible Castle has fallen (this came up before, for way too long, a few months ago). I'm on RolePlay Online...where is the dice roller on that thing? I'm having a hard time finding it.

There isn't one available outside a game. Go to "Browse/search the games", UNCHECK the checkbox that says "Only active games requesting players" and search for the game "ArM Placeholder" or the GM name "Cunningrat". Then hit "request to join" and tell me who you are. :slight_smile: