Table Talk - Development

I agree with fightmaster. At each stage of the game, read the summae that will give you the most xp. Once you're out of summae, repeat the process with tractatus.[sup]1[/sup]

[hr][/hr]
[sup]1[/sup] BTW, I believe that tractatus us fifth declension. That means the plural of tractatus is tractatus. If it were first declension, then the plural would be tractati.

I have a question regarding the City of Brass expedition. I've come late to this rodeo, so I missed the initial discussion. But what is the ultimate goal of the expedition?

Antoine can put off lab set up for now. He may be allowed to use the Forge of Vulcanus if the council agrees.

As for the City of Brass, the ultimate goal of the expedition is to liberate the ghost of King Kush from the Malik of the city. How to do that and what to do after has yet to be determined.

Give a verditius the forge of vulcanus? If Arachné could vote twice, she would :wink:

Trogdor, I moved this over here from the Vis Harvesting thread so we don't fill it up with OOC stuff...

And now I understand what the confusion is.

The original concept of the Chapter House (from an OOC perspective) was that it was formed in order to deal with a vis source on Sa Dragonera. Nothing more was determined (beyond apparently that it was worth a queen a year, which I don't remember) about the vis source, how it was harvested or anything else. I'm assuming Marko hadn't really thought about it too much, and was planning on it being kind of in the background, but I could bee wrong.

A couple of months I mentioned that I had an idea for a story that would have to do with the the vis source, as well as the magical aura on Sa Dragonera and other stuff, and he told me to run with it. This story kind of requires that the magi don't know where the vis source is exactly, nor how to harvest it, since it's a bit of a mystery adventure. So, I came up with the idea that the vis source was "identified" by a Barcelona magus, and they felt it was important/large enough, that it warranted forming the Chapter House. So maybe they were able to determine it was worth roughly a queen (or maybe just "a lot" and a queen is a good approximation of that) based on the magic they used to find it.

Perhaps it a bit weak of a justification, but that's what I came with.

I had thought you were talking about a new source. The current source had been established as a mysterious cube that fills with Vim vis, 2 pawns per week up to a capacity of 8 pawns. It must be harvested regularly so as to refil. The mysterious cube exisits on the top regio layer, surrounded by a circle of vestiges of each magi's sanctum. Every quarter is in a regio, and are all connected in a regio network that hubs at Sa Dragonera.
I can dig that all up from somewhere. On a laptop (I am on phone right now).
So I honestly thought you were discussing a new source as well. The established source is worth a total of 104 pawns per year.

Hmm, when I mentioned it before you said:

So I got the feeling that since it was a vague idea and you were willing to consider alternative ideas, that that was mutable. I had followed with this:

In the Resurrecting Mallorca thread. You never responded so I just went with it.

I may have missed that. Honest, all this time I thought you were talking about a second source. The post you quoted was my rough idea with the cube and the circle of sancti on the top regio level. I cannot find where I stated the moon yield bit. It is somewhere. I did leave a lot vague and open to adjustment, such as why the source is there. In the Sa Dragonera Chapterhouse sticky in the top box, at the very top it is mentioned Barcelona registered the site and set up a deal with us in 1233. I also state the amount the covenant profits is about a rook per season.
I really honestly thought you have been talking about a new source. I misunderstood. I also thought you had an idea relating to the cause and nature of the source.
I can flex and work with you on ideas. But why have we been spending money the last two years if we are not collecting any vis? If the source had to be located first, we should have handled that story in 1233. Before Fleur, Lucas, and Acutus ever arrived.
And if we gotta find it, then Barcelona could have never registered it, and I say the take should be 100% ours.
I am willing to flex and change and modify. I just want to make sense of what little has been established.
I seem to have painted myself in a corner here. My bad.

And that was the whole point to the conversation that started this off, stated much more succinctly than I could ever manage.

So lets make it a new vis source, but throw in all the other attributes- someone noticed in the original report of SaDragona a reference to some kind of echo suggesting another vis source that magus as not able to physically locate.

I like that idea for I thought that was the situation all along. But I wanna work with PoB on his idea too. You picked a season that Roberto cannot participate in, so there is no worries in sharing information with me or with Fixer.

Glancing through the library, I would like Adan, if he has the time, to work on repairing Corporeum.

When is he available to start copying books? I'd rather focus all the scribes on wrapping up our inter-saga book trade before going on to anything else.

Okay, obviously I did not articulate my thoughts well earlier, so it's my bad.

But, the good news is, I think I can work with in the existing source you mentioned, and fit it into the story about the new source. I do have a few questions/clarifications though:

1. Since I'm going to be introducing a new source, do you want to consider lowering the yield of the current one? I don't really care either way, but I want to make sure we're not adding too much vis into the game and overbalance things.

2. How married are you to the "known" vis source being this mysterious cube? Did you have a specific reason for it being a cube? I do have an idea of how to tie this "known" source with the "new" source as well as the sanctum "vestiges" as well. The cube will probably work, just wondering if you'd be open to me altering the shape/vessel? I have no idea what that might be, and it might not matter too much, I just want to know what my options are.

3. Did you have any particular thoughts on where on Sa Dragonera the regio with the vis source and "vestiges" are located? Also, you call it the "top" regio level. Are you implying that there are "lower" regio levels below it, or just that it's the "top" since that's where all of the "vestige" regios ling up to?

4. I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to "moon yield".

5. Is there anything else about Sa Dragonera that you've thought of or that I'm missing? I don't want to make this same mistake twice.

1. I am kind of married to the annual yield of a queen. It is the only way to make the chapterhouse economically viable. I do not believe in game balance or power levels. Just story. And I am already thinking of ways to increase our expenses (such as the pay raises we are discussing elsewhere and enchantment expenditures and all kinds of goodies). The amount the covenant has does not matter as the amount an individual has access to is what determines the acts and actions of that individual.

2. The thing with the cube was a place holder idea and can be altered. Essentially, the idea was to have all the sancti co-exist in a regio on Sa Dragonera, the focal point of the vis source. Why it is there, how it may change, and the way it may resonate in the magic realm are all up for grabs.

3. Sa Dragonera is small, so it matters not where exactly we put it. In modern reality, the only location suitable for construction is Sa Dragonera national park. I think it is the only flat area. We will have to get Xavi to take his rowboat out there and check it out (or just lie and say he did :laughing: )
    The "top layer" deal is linked with the regio network. Every sanctum has a regio, the layer above that is the central hub on Sa Dragonera. This is how we can travel from any sanctum to any other sanctum in mere moments, and Pere's house (being one of them) has the portal to Barcelona (at Yvall's) which leads to Andorra.
    It may not actually be the "top" layer though, just the uppermost level we are aware of.

4. I have no idea where I wrote that. It is somewhere I am sure. The idea is that the source "absorbs" 2 pawns per week and "fills" up at a peak capacity of 8 pawns. It must be "milked" so it can refill. Which is why we have to be on hand all the time. There are 13 moons in a year. Thirteen times 8 pawns equals 104 per year. It is the only way I could figure make a flow of 100 fit evenly spaced through the year.

Much was barely ever defined. I only established enough in place so that the chapter could plausibly run on autopilot if no one ever wanted to deal with these issues. You can change things around, say that the "cube" is really an orb or a monolith, have it mystically migrate or shut down for unknown reasons, or whatever works for your story idea.
Basically I established as much as was needed to "start the engine", and little more than that. The three essential ideas are that A) the yield is roughly a queen, B) it needs to be monitored and managed to gain the maximum production value, and C) the regio network connects all sancti (why? maybe because of resonance from magical activity creates some sort of sympathetic link between them, and all the magic auras of the islands are somehow linked).
There is a lot of space to work with here and I am willing to allow you to change what is needed. But do keep in mind that these changes may have story consequences and cause characters to react in ways that have further consequences.

Okay, so how about the current source is a spring that bubbles up water (the vim vis) that fills a small natural pool (that holds 8 pawns of the water)? Once the pool is full, the water overflows and seeps back into the ground, with the overflow being unharvestable. All of the sanctum "vestiges" encircle the pool, making it the focal point of the regio.

That works. You can even alter the form as you wish. Vim is an accounting place holder.

I dunno where it is on the forum, but I have it on the wiki:
andorra.wikidot.com/chapterhouse
It dates at least as far back to May, 5th.

Changing the wiki now.

Quick question- I am toying with an idea for a new grog, a child errand boy, and I am wondering if being raised at Andorra would qualify him for covenant upbringing, or is Andorra too mainstream?

Also it should be noted that since Yanni began working for the covenant in the winter of 1235, all aging rolls get a +2 bonus for anyone who eats his bread. Other effects (bonus to resist fatigue loss?) of the +2 quality bonus should be decided upon as well.