Table Talk - Development

Yeah, go with limited Vis supply. Houe Tremere and Transylvania did have vast reserves on hand, but only s much of the two Arts needed for healing. And there was a lt of healing and rebuilding to do and much was accomplished in a very short period of time. Massive mega events and long term repercussions, and much was done to sweep it up quickly and announce "everything is under control, nothing to see here, move along".
BTW, the so called Order of the Dragon is the name of the fraternity of Vlad Dracul and his ancestors. Just imagine a far future, say late 20th century, where world politics is secretly controled by a camarilla of clans of shapeshifing dragons posing in masqurade as humans.

And Vibria is the sort that thinks it is trivial to worry about a finger now lost twice when there are peoople missing arms and legs and not all can be healed.

A quick note- according to the planner, in Spring of 1242, Fleur will have written her tractatus "The Heredity of Redcaps" which is a tractatus on Fertility Lore. The text is being copied in the summer so a copy can be sent to Duerenmar, which has the potential to cause some form of drama or another given that it is technically a breakthrough (being an arcane ability) as well as a new ability that can be learned.
If nothing else it represents a potential source of vis as women who wish to be barren can make a fertility fetish which contains 1 pawn of creo vis at the 'cost' of the woman's fertility. (cost is in quotes since the women contributing the fetishes are likely not wanting what it will 'cost' them.)

Quick question- as the scribes have been approaching 1242 they have been running thin on things to copy, aside from a massive load of things protected by cow and calf (I believe we can make back ups for the covenant, but this was not 100% clear for this saga), and one possibility I had not considered was casting tablets from the hospital- would the resulting text belong to Andorra or the hospital, or would we divide them?

Copy them regardless. I get the impression that the hospital's assets as at now would be "owned" by the Tremere who were doing the bulk of the funding but as it becomes funded the covenant (maybe happening now) then the covenant owns a growing stake.

If Andorra did seek to expand the hospital site a lot and the ownership was an issue then we use the copied assets on the new site without disputing ownership but charge a vis fee per month for the facility. (Zenodochia as a service, ZaaS) kidding.

Can we also get the scribes to copy the lab texts of magi, and to duplicate spells from the library more?

Can they prep a set of texts/casting tablets to place in the remote bolt-hole which was chatted about earlier? It's only used in disaster and then cow and calf might be moot.

I say we go ahead and make back up copies of everything. As of 1242 we have two additional scribes with dedicated purpose. They are to copy all the Zenchodium materials so that House Tremere can redistribute the originals.
If you think about it, it is almost the same as our keeping the materials and the scribes making copies for redistribution. The cost would be the same. Doing it this way though, Markus is trying to give the covenant a stake in this project hoping to inspire us to build more on our own.

I know I've been speaking about this for quite some time now, but Arachne would be very much in favor of several hidden, buried preserves of books, and one fallback base (a kind of proto-covenant) far from Mythic Europe, like in Africa, Novgorod or Egypt, complete with a hidden library.

Valdarius Vaults? Yeah, she thinks it's a great idea.

Now that two Primi have fallen in a week and the banking system is stuttering you've got Vocis onboard too. I think wherever the vault is it needs something of a caretaker otherwise it might get robbed (and I'd still like a character from the far North).

The problem she has with the north is the Order of Odin. As far as she knows, there's this potential enemy there, who knows about the OoH. Not the best place to put a safehouse in.

So she'd settle in a place far from the OoH's grounds (so that it gets unnoticed by any potential war or trouble), and from its known adversaries. That excludes the north and the levant, leaving either the deep end of Novgorod, Mythic Africa or doing something west, in the atlantic (but where?). And now that I think about it, by 1236, mongols are invading Russia (something we should address in the background), so the eastern reaches of the Novgorod tribunal are probably out too.
Potentially, Heracleion could also serve well, since we have friendly relationship with them, but water and books aren't good, and there's at least one enemy who knows about it :frowning:

Honestly, somewhere in Africa is probably best. And by Africa I mean one of the deserts inside Africa. Enough vis and casting tablets and items to make a chunk of it habitable and we have an instant bolthole.

Heracleion is just off shore from the West Egyptian coast. Almost Lybia. Africa is an intriguing idea and I have a wicked story idea there. :smiling_imp:
As for the North, you could go so very far Arctic that it is way beyond the reach of any supposed "OoO". Past Lappland and Permia, farther than Karelia and Glasvellir, up next door to Santa Claus and Superman.

Or there is also the West...

Where we would undoubtedly find a wicked witch on a broomstick and falling houses...

Having herakleion near is good. This means that, even if we go far into the desert, we still have allies relatively near.

Which reminds me, I need to write some more about it.

((from the peanut gallery))

You could consider Sigmundo as a guardian/vault for your emergency library. Even if you plan on doing another vault somewhere else, Sigmundo would work as a short term storage.

Jebrick, you should join our game :smiley:
As for your idea, it is so awesome that the dragon already thought of it. Much of the rebuild work they did in 1230 was based off of the back-up copies of things Sigmundo already has. And part of the deal was that he got to make copies of the new stuff added.
But there has been even more new stuff added since then.
What would be ideal, to my mind, is to have a tripple redundant back up. A set of copies here, there, and somewhere else. And maybe more.

Did we ever put together the common use teaching lab? (flaw- elementary, teaching only (-3 size, -2 general quality, -3 upkeep) and greater feature throne: (+3 teaching, +2 aesthetics)?

I think we forgot to do that. I remember the plan. Sorta. But I do not think anyone followed through.

I am thinking I need to update the main covenant page soon. And I never finished the previous update. So I have some work ahead of me.

I am following your advise and reading the threads. I can pick up an odd character now and then. I have my Criamon idea for Andorra bubbling along.

My current plans have Vera fostered from summer 1241-1242, how do we want to handle that year of development?

Depends on what you want to teach her. Vera's own interests are Corpus and Vim, and is driven to discover the causal link of The Gift. She does not mind if you just giver books to study. She learns faster that way anyway. Usually.
She understands the whole pattern and will not complain about working. But her Flaw will drag you down for Enchantments. According to ArM5, all of her relevant V&Fs will affect your lab total. So her Focus will benefit you for work involving Teleportation.
Her father was not a magus. He was a Redcap that frequently used magical transportation devices, so often that it Warped him. Hence, Vera and Edith both have a Teleportation focus and the power to hover about. Edith exploits these advantages. Vera mostly discounts them as they are not condusive to her interests and driving goal.