Table Talk - Development

Like Viola would sink so low as to learn a formulaic spell....

Can I include item effects lab texts in this?

Scott

As long as they are generic and not specifically tailored for you. And make sure they come from the Wiki! In that, I mean post them to the spell wiki first, and then pull them off of there. This game is all viral, and I feel we will have a larger impact than we realize :smiley:

OK, where is the Wiki again?

The one effect I had in mind was a MuCo[An] effect to turn Viola into a butterfly. I'm sure someone must have had a butterfly familiar before....

Scott

We are on a frenzy at work. Will try to finish by early next week, though since I am out to Brussels this weekend.

Xavi

Yair's Spell Wiki
arsmagica.pbwiki.com/

Xavi, Brussles is a long drive from Barcelona man, all the way across France! That will take all day or longer. Is it for work? Tell them to fly you! Man, everyone has such grown up jobs, and I am just an aging hipster trying to hustle his next dollar.

Then again, I have more time for chasing girls, dj-ing, and Ars Magica. So I am quite happy :smiley:

OK, thanks. Turning a human into an animal is so generic, though, that I'd really rather not clog up the wiki with it.

Scott

As long as it is well written and descriptive, I say you should. The wiki has few enchantments so far, and it is a great resource for newbies who might not realize how simple and straightforward the idea is. Heck, I put my Transformation to a Warted Toad spell in there, and that comes from ancient fairy tales! It will be helpful to someone, and it keeps an easy reference for the rest of us to use.

Flying there, do not worry. It would be slightly dangerous for me (and those in my path, including trees) to drive there, since I do not have a driving license, regardless of how you Americans find that notion of living without one :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Xavi

I don't have one either, haven't for years, and I still drive all the time anyway. I only get pulled over when I have the license. I am not fooling!!!!

I am the last of the rebel freedom fighters!

Of course, weapons of virtue.
I crafted one such sword for antonio once :wink:

In general, Dimir Taar is willing to create items for allies and friends at a simple cost: the vis needed, and one season of teaching for any season I used. This is easilly cheap for the service.

MWAHAHAH!!!
Sorry, I just like it :smiley:

Hum...
Ihsahn of Flambeau? In 1050? This gives time for the tree to grow, the legend too :wink:

First, I must say I love your lab. Go for it!!! It is great!

Then... I may be an evil bastard, but this seems like dubious wording to me in order to dodge consequences. BUT! As you're a merinita magi, you don't suffer of a level 6 faerie aura anymore than you'd suffer from a level 6 magical aura. So, don't bother with this :wink:

I may be utterly wrong, because I hadn't time to check in details and I'm rather senile, but if I didn't yell and raise all a rukus, it must mean everything's all right for me :wink:

Checked a little, he's fine :smiley:
But I cound't find the description of "The Cthonic Invocation" anywhere. What does it do? If there are custom spells, could you provide descriptions? If there are spells coming from other books than the corebook, could you provide references (like HoH:S p36)? Thanks a lot!

Me neither :laughing:

Sure, that could work.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

The nature of the aura wouldn't actually matter for the purpose of Warping--a level 6 Magic aura would be just as bad as Faerie. ArM5 though specifically notes that working in the aura and sleeping elsewhere counts as "half time", so I'm playing this one pretty straight.

Scott

Ah, I didn't see the separate area for magic items. Actually, tell you what I'll do, I'll post there, and put in all the bond effects, which will give the site a sample familiar.

Scott

Yes, the site could use a sample familiar :smiley:

awesome!

And you don't suffer warping from a magic aura of any strength. You are a magus, you are attuned to it already. Faerie auras would cause warping except that you have faerie magic. Thus, you are attuned to that as well. The rules you are quoting pertain to non magi.

I think it’s like Oblivion, but for the Divine. Someone in another PbP somewhere thought it up, IIRC. Pesky angels!

For something completely different, I was working on my spells and wondering how people feel about the following bases:
Creo Ignem
Level 10: Heat enough to melt lead. Given in the rules on p.140. This is ~350ºC.

Level 20: Heat an object orange-hot (~800ºC)

Level 25:
Heat an object enough to melt stone (~1000ºC).
Heat iron to be white hot (1000-1200ºC)

Level 30: Heat an object enough to melt iron or steel (~1500ºC)

cool, but note that I am an American so I only know the English system :laughing: .

America wants no foreign rulers! Fight the Metric system!

Jost kidding guys! Still, what dose all of that translate into as Farenheight?

Ok, a little post for dimir taar, since I am in the final stages.

First, I have my collar with this Gem of Spirit Mastery.
It just uses a renamed Coerce spell... There: Coerce the Spirit of Magic, altthough I named it Enslave the Magical Spirit :smiling_imp: It's very funny, IMO: I can use it to enslave most Magical spirits, but it's useless against faery, infernal or divine one, as it is against even the lowest magical beast :laughing:
I also invested a powerfull Sap the Griffin's Strength in it, in order to make my coercion more beleivable :smiling_imp:

But then, things I'm planning to do, and questions about it:

• I already have his armor as an armor of virtue, but I wanted to enchant it as a lesser enchanted device for it to be surnaturaly resistant to damage (In fluff terms, bonding an Earth Elemental in it).
    I don't want to load it with wards... Because. I just want it to be an armor.
    I'd say base 5 (Change metal or gemstone so that it is slightly unnatural), +1 giving the first +5 soak, +5 soak per 2 magnitudes thereafter. And constant effect.
    In game terms, I could only give it + 05 soak :laughing:

• I want to "bind a fire elemental" (Enchant) in a ring. Can I enchant it with multiple lesser PoF in order to emulate the multicast mastery ability? I'm not sure if I'll do it, just toying with the idea.

• Then, the wings... I'll probably need to
    I want a harness with bladed steel wings enchanted with an host of spirits and creature powers. The idea is for it to give me flight, close-range attacks, and to be able to shield me, the winds folding between me and physical attacks. With a InMe spell allowing me to control it by thought if I want to.
    I don't want it to give me the powers, though.

Thus, I want the flight thing to concern the wings, lifting me like a jetpack would, with say 2 added magnitudes for extra strength (in order to lift me too). This'd be base 5 + 2. The only advantage in this is that I don't have to lower my parma.
The attacks are easy. ReTe, CrTe eventually...

The shield... What I want in a InTe(AnHeCoAqIgAu) spell that detects incoming attacks (a little like "Shriek of the Impending Shafts" but without the bonuses to dodge), which'll then tell the wings to shield me. In practice, various low-power soak wards like +10 to soak, with Personnal Target (the wings), mom duration and unlimited use.

I could have all these wards at touch range and sun duration, but I find it much more fun that way.
In game terms, I'm slightly losing, since unlimited uses = Touch + diameter (I'm saving 5 levels per ward here), but I'm losing the + 9 defense of the shriek (something like 10 wards level) and its auto-dodge. Note also that, unlike a "normal" ward on me, this won't work on spells that just ignite me, for exemple. Things that just appear, instead of coming through the air
I just find it cooler that way :smiley:

IIRC, your gift makes you immune to warping from magical auras, and your faerie magic also attunes you to faerie ones :wink: Enjoy 8)

Arf, marko told it before me :laughing:

I'd say keep the descriptions, drop the temperatures and real-words physics :wink: This is ars magica and mythic europe, not gurps (and I like gurps) I doubt Farenheight and Degree scales even existed at the time. Things were just "hot enough".

I copy and pated these too. Will go over them closer later.

Don't worry about Antonio's sword. He has that covered. Armour, wand, and cloak too. He coukld use a cool knife or dagger with special powers, a shield maybe? A second sword, and axe, a spear/lance, hmmm.... extra's :smiley:

Make stuff for the other guys too!

I intend to do exactly that. I just wanted to make it clear I actually had some justification for ranking “how hot” such things are. I assume from the lack of comments that these are fine?

I suspect temperature is actually a fairly anachronistic idea. I doubt anyone measured or catalogued temperature, much less used a scale, until at least Galileo.

OK, I added Viola's familiar to the wiki, and toward the end, I stumbled on the rule in ArM5 that says that lab texts don't work for familiars--which means I don't need that lab text after all. :stuck_out_tongue: It also means I need to change Viola's advancement history, since she did use a lab text one season....Bleh.