Table Talk - Development

Spell Comments

I took some time to review a few of the new spells you guys invented. Most of them were good. Some I have issues with. This is not a comprehensive commentary. I have not yet picked everyone apart (I have been waiting until all characters are up to do a full review, hmmm…). Anyways, I tried not to be picky or pedantic. There were a few that I myself would have designed different, and some that had some gray areas. But my comments are specifically for those spells that seem in dire need of modification.

The after effects are too severe. It takes a much hotter fire to completely incinerate someone. The damage should also only be +10 points, as this is an indirect form of Ignem damage (as opposed to straight up Fire). I would compromise and say that, as an after effect, if the damage is enough to kill the darget, then they burst into flames.

No Ignem Requisite is necessary. Ice is just Ice.

There are three ways to fix this spell, each requiring a Rego Requisite, adding a magnitude to the level. The first way is to keep the Personal Range, Rego protects you from the flame, but the range is literally limited to how far out your breath extends, say 5 paces at most. The second way is to also add an Auram Requisite and another magnitude, and it extends as far as your voice does. The third way is to add the Rego Requisite and up the range to Touch, and I would rule that the damage is +20 minus 1 for each pace distant from the target, and you can engulf everything in the path of your breath.

This spell should be a much higher level. Base 5 at least (for a final level of 20). This one needs more thought. I like the idea though.

I like this one. It reminds me of an old WGRE spell. I say it needs a Vim requisite (not adding to the magnitude though, as it is necessary for the effect). Your spell sigil does not form an Arcane Connection unless you have the Binding Sigil Flaw (which has yet to resurface in ArM5, but I would rate that as a Major Hermetic Flaw).

I fixed this in the Character Sheets thread – anything in this thread is now old news. It is CrIg25. The incineration thing is flavor - I’ll make it a charred corpse instead (+15 damage can conceivably kill a human anyway, as I’m sure you’re aware). Rather than having them burst into flames, why not keep the heating armor red hot, since my damage is already reduced? It’s about equivalent to or slightly weaker than magical fires starting other mundane fires. If you surround someone with heat, it’s going to heat what they’re wearing too.

The Ignem requisite is there for continuous, supernatural cold (requiring the Stamina stress roll to check for fatigue loss)

Yes, he should...
Save that he doesn't care much save for the man who saw him through the mud. Or so he thinks :laughing:

Put up a link here an awful while ago, remember? Just never pasted him on the other thread.
Anyway, he's on the wiki, too :wink:
andorra.wikidot.com/dimir-taar-of-verditius

Paste it in the other thread so all the character sheets are together. I "save as" the web page so I have copies at hope. I do the same with the liks. I do have a copy of Octavian and Dimir. I just want others to find the copy if need be, in case they want to read up on us or run a story.

The character I'm working on with Marko is a not-so-nice Italian Tytalus Titanoi Goetist, to sum it all up nice and short. I like the idea of Hermetic Sorcery combined with the Titanoi Major Magical Focus on Spirits. The way I've progressed him so far he is rather narrowly focused... but I'm figuring the versatility of his 'minions' as it were will compensate a bit. Anyway... I think more can wait a day or two until I post my xpaccounting and character sheet.

Alright soon to follow is a 'very' draft version of my character sheet, xp accounting, and spell breakdown. Any critique and commentary are welcome. As well, as my fellow troupe members, feel free to comment or object on anything you worry or think might affect the game or it's direction etc.

I'll go ahead and say I'm already considering doing some revision of this writeup, but it is essentially the character I want in core... so I thought I'd give you guys a chance to look it over and offer your ideas as well.

Early Childhood ( 45 / 45 xp )

Italian ( Prose ): 5 ( 0xp )

Athletics ( Climbing ): 1 ( 5xp )
Stealth ( Urban ): 1 ( 5xp )
Awareness ( Searching ): 1 ( 5xp )

Charm ( Dissembling ): 2 ( 15xp )
Guile ( Fast-Talk ): 2 ( 15xp )

Further Childhood, Seven Years ( 65 / 100xp )

+25xp to Italian, +15xp to Charm, +15xp to Guile, +10xp to Awareness, +15xp to Arabic, +15xp to French, +5xp to Brawling

Further Childhood Adjusted: Italian ( Prose ): 6 ( Native+25xp ), Charm ( Dissembling ): 3 ( 30xp ), Guile ( Fast-Talk ): 3 ( 30xp ), Awareness ( Searching ): 2 ( 15xp ), Arabic ( Comprehension ): 2 ( 15xp ), French ( Orders ): 2 ( 15xp ), Brawling ( Grappling ): 1 ( 5xp )

Apprenticeship ( 240 / 240xp - / 120 spells )

Latin ( Class ): 4 ( 50xp )

Artes Liberales ( Ritual/Ceremonial Magic ):1 ( 5xp )

Philosophiae ( Ritual/Ceremonial Magic ):1 ( 5xp )

Magic Theory ( Spirits ):3 ( 30xp )

Parma Magica ( Spirits ):1 ( 5xp )

Profession: Scribe ( Copying ): 1 ( 5xp )

Concentration ( Spirits?/Goetia? ): 1 ( 5xp )

Penetration ( Spirits ): 1 ( 5xp )

Mystery Lore: Titanoi ( History ): 1 ( 5xp )

Magic Lore ( Spirits ): 1 ( 5xp ) (Lore: 20xp total, +10(15)xp total to Vim)

Faerie Lore ( Spirits ): 1 ( 5xp )

Infernal Lore ( Demons ): 1 ( 5xp )

Dominion Lore ( Angels ): 1 ( 5xp )

Rego: 12 ( 55xp + 28: 83xp)

Vim: 12 ( 50xp + 25 + 15: 90xp)

Apprenticeship Spells:

Post Apprenticeship 20 years ( 4 unalloted seasons, 4 potential additional flaws. )

1st Year: ( 30 / 40xp ) ( Adventure: Single Weapon +5xp, Study Magic Lore +10xp (+5( to Vim), Study Mentem +15xp, Study Artes Liberales +10xp)

1st Year Adjusted: Vim: 13 ( 98xp ), Single Weapon ( Short Sword ): 1 ( 5xp ), Magic Lore ( Spirits ): 2 ( 15xp ), Mentem: 5 ( 15xp ), Artes Liberales: 2 ( 15xp)

2nd Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Adventure: Bargain ( Spirits ) +5xp, Initiate Summoning / Enemies: Sahirs, Study Summoning +15xp (+8(12)xp to Rego), Study Faerie Lore +10xp (+5(8)xp to Vim))

2nd Year Adjusted: Bargain ( Spirits ): 1 ( 5xp ), Summoning: 5 ( 15xp ), Rego: 13 ( 95xp ), Faerie Lore ( Spirits ): 2 ( 15xp ), Vim: 14 ( 106xp )

3rd Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Adventure: Bargain ( Spirits ) +5xp, Study Infernal Lore +10xp (+5( to Vim), Study Ignem +15xp, Study Philosphiae + 10xp )

3rd Year Adjusted: Bargain ( Spirits): 1 ( 10xp ), Vim: 14 ( 114xp ), Infernal Lore ( Demons ): 2 ( 15xp ), Ignem: 5 ( 15xp), Philosphiae 2 ( 15xp )

4th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Commanding / Hermetic Patron: Titanoi, Study Commanding +10xp (+5( to Rego), Study Dominion Lore +10xp (+5( to Vim), Study Commanding +10xp (+5( to Rego)

4th Year Adjusted: Commanding: 5 ( 20xp ), Rego: 14 ( 111xp ), Dominion Lore ( Angels ): 2 ( 15xp ), Vim: 15 ( 122xp )

5th Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Study Summoning +15xp (+8(12) to Rego), Study Commanding +10xp (+5( to Rego), Adventure: Bargain ( Spirits ) +5xp, Study Concentration +10xp

5th Year Adjusted: Summoning 7 ( 30xp ), Rego 15 ( 131xp ), Commanding 7 ( 30xp ), Bargain ( Spirits ): 2 ( 15xp ), Concentration ( ? ): 2 ( 15xp )

-6th Year: ( 15 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Cautious Sorcerer / ? , Study Concentration ( ? ) +10xp, Adventure: Stealth ( Urban ) +5xp )

6th Year Adjusted: Concentration ( ? ): 2 ( 25xp ), Stealth ( Urban ): 1 ( 10xp )

-7th Year: ( 25 / 40xp ) ( Adventure: Single Weapon ( Short Sword ) +5xp, Study Concentration ( ? ) +10, Train Stealth ( Urban ) +10xp)

7th Year Adjusted: Single Weapon ( Short Sword ): 1 ( 10xp ), Concentration ( ? ): 3 ( 35xp ), Stealth ( Urban ): 2 ( 20xp )

8th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Flawless Magic / Proud upgraded to major, Study Summmoning +15xp(+8(12) to Rego), Adventure: Concentration ( ? ) +5xp, Train Stealth ( Urban ) + 10xp )

8th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 9 ( 45xp ), Rego: 16 ( 143xp ), Concentration ( ? ): 3 ( 40xp ), Stealth ( Urban ): 3 ( 30xp )

9th Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Study Summoning +15xp(+8(12) to Rego), Study Concentration ( ? ) +10xp, Adventure: Bargain ( Spirits ) +5xp, Study Parma Magica +10xp)

9th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 10 ( 60xp ), Rego: 17 ( 155xp ), Concentration ( ? ): 4 ( 50xp ), Bargain ( Spirits ): 2 ( 20xp ), Parma Magica ( Spirits ): 2 ( 15xp )

10th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Puissant Rego / ? , Study Summoning +15xp(+8(12) to Rego), Train Bargain ( Spirits ) +10xp, Adventure: Parma Magica ( Spirits ) +5xp

10th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 11 ( 75xp ), Rego: 18 ( 177xp ), Bargain ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp ), Parma Magica ( Spirits ): 2 ( 20xp )

11th Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Study Summoning +15xp (+8(12) to Rego ), Study Commanding +10xp(5( to Rego), Adventure: Parma Magica ( Spirits ) +5xp, Study Magic Lore ( Spirits ) +10xp(+5( to Vim)

11th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 12 ( 90xp ), Rego: 19 ( 197xp ), Commanding: 8 ( 40xp ), Parma Magica ( Spirits ): 2 ( 25xp ), Magic Lore ( Spirits ): 2 ( 25xp ), Vim: 15 ( 130xp )

12th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Leadworker / Seeker, Study Summoning +15xp(+8(12) to Rego), Study Commanding +10xp(+5( to Rego), Adventure: Parma Magica ( Spirits ) +5xp )

12th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 14 ( 105xp ), Commanding: 9 ( 50xp ), Rego: 20 ( 217xp ), Parma Magica ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

13th Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Study Summoning +15xp(+8(12) to Rego ), Study Commanding +10xp(+5( to Rego ), Adventure: Magic Lore ( Spirits ) +5xp(+3(5) to Vim), Study Mystery Lore: Titanoi ( History ) +10xp )

13th Year Adjusted: Summoning: 15 ( 120xp ), Commanding: 10 ( 60xp ), Rego: 21 ( 237xp ), Magic Lore ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp ), Vim: 15 ( 135xp )

14th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Puissant Vim / ? , Study Mystery Lore: Titanoi ( History ) +15xp, Train Intrigue +10xp, Adventure: Intrigue +5xp

14th Year Adjusted: Mystery Lore: Titanoi ( History ): 3 ( 30xp ), Intrigue ( Hermetic ): 2 ( 15xp )

-15th Year: ( 15 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Chthonic Magic / Upgrade Wrath to Major, Study Infernal Lore +10xp(+5( to Vim), Adventure: Penetration +5xp )

15th Year Adjusted: Chthonic Magic 1, Vim: 16 ( 143xp), Infernal Lore ( Demons ): 2 ( 25xp ), Penetration ( Spirits ): 1 ( 10xp ),

16th Year: ( 30 / 30xp ) ( Initiate Binding / ? , Study Binding +15xp(+8(12) to Rego), Study Penetration +10xp, Adventure: Penetration +5xp )

16th Year Adjusted: Binding: 5 ( 15xp ), Rego: 21 ( 249xp ), Penetration ( Spirits ): 2 ( 25xp )

17th Year: ( 40 / 40xp )( Train Second Sight +10xp, Adventure: Penetration +5xp, Study Faerie Lore +10xp(+5( to Vim, Study Latin +15xp )

17th Year Adjusted: Vim: 16 ( 151xp ), Second Sight ( Spirits ): 2 ( 15xp ), Penetration ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp ), Faerie Lore ( Spirits ): 2 ( 25xp ), Latin ( Prose ): 4 ( 65xp )

18th Year: ( 40 / 40xp) ( Study Dominion Lore +15xp(+8(12) to Vim), Adventure: Infernal Lore + 5xp (+3(5) to Vim), Adventure: Faerie Lore ( Spirits ) + 5xp(+3(5) to Vim), Study Second Sight +15xp )

18th Year Adjusted: Vim: 18 ( 174xp ), Dominion Lore ( Angels ): 3 ( 30xp ), Infernal Lore ( Demons ): 3 ( 30xp ), Faerie Lore ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp ), Second Sight ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

-19th Year: ( 25 / 40xp ) ( Adventure: Finesse ( Rego ) +5xp, Study Order of Hermes Lore +10xp, Study Latin +10xp )

19th Year Adjusted: Finesse ( Rego ): 1 ( 5xp ), Lore: Order of Hermes ( History ): 1 ( 10xp ), Latin ( Prose ): 5 ( 75xp )

20th Year: ( 40 / 40xp ) ( Study Finesse ( Rego ) + 10xp, Study Latin +10xp, Study Latin +10, Study Latin +10 )

20th Year Adjusted: Finesse ( Rego ): 2 ( 15xp ), Latin ( Prose ): 6 ( 105xp )

Saga: Light of Andorra
Setting: Mythic Europe
Current Year: ?
House: Tytalus
Size:
Confidence: 2 / ( 5 )
Decrepitude:
Warping:

Birth Name:
Year Born:
Race/Nationality:
Place of Origin:
Religion: Roman Paganism
Title/Profession: Magus
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Handedness:

Sigil:
Covenant:
Domus Magna: Fudarus
Prima:
Parens:
Covenant of Apprenticeship:

Intelligence: +2 (3)
Perception: +1 (1)
Strength: 0
Stamina: 0
Presence: +1 (1)
Communication: +1 (1)
Dexterity: +1 (1)
Quickness: 0

Virtues: Self Confident ( House ), Major Magical Focus ( Spirits ), Hermetic Sorcery ( Major ), Second Sight( Minor ), Free Expression ( Minor ), Affinity ( Rego ) ( Minor ), Affinity ( Vim )( Minor ), The Gift, Hermetic Magus

Flaws: Incomprehensible (Minor), Proud (Major), Wrathful (Major), Infamous Master (Lineage of Tasgillia)(Minor), Cabal Legacy (Titanoi)(Minor), Pagan ( Major ), Enemies: Sahirs ( Major ), Hermetic Patron: Titanoi ( Minor ), Seeker: Theurgic Magic/Mysteries ( Minor )

Initiations: Summoning, Commanding, Binding, Puissant Rego, Puissant Vim, Flawless Magic, Cautious Sorcerer, Leadworker, Chthonic Magic

Personality Traits: (+3), (+3), (+3)

Reputations: N/A

Abilities:

Italian ( Prose ): 6 ( 105*xp)
Latin ( Prose ): 6 ( 105xp )
Arabic ( Comprehension ): 2 ( 15xp )
French ( Orders ): 2 ( 15xp )

Charm ( Dissembling ): 3 ( 30xp )
Guile ( Fast-Talk ): 3 ( 30xp )
Intrigue ( Hermetic ): 2 ( 15xp )
Bargain ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

Single Weapon ( Short Sword ): 1 ( 10xp )
Brawl ( Grappling ): 1 ( 5xp )
Stealth ( Urban ): 3 ( 30xp )
Awareness ( Searching ): 2 ( 15xp )

Lore: Order of Hermes ( History ): 1 ( 10xp )
Mystery Lore: Titanoi ( History ): 3 ( 30xp )
Magic Lore ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )
Dominion Lore ( Angels ): 3 ( 30xp )
Infernal Lore ( Demons ): 3 ( 30xp )
Faerie Lore ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

Artes Liberales ( Ritual/Ceremony ): 2 ( 15xp )
Philosophiae ( Ritual/Cermony ): 2 ( 15xp )
Profession: Scribe ( Copying ): 1 ( 5xp )

Magic Theory ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )
Chthonic Magic ( Spirits ): 1 ( 5*xp )
Concentration ( Spells/Goetia? ): 4 ( 50xp )
Parma Magica ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )
Finesse ( Rego ): 2 ( 15xp )
Penetration ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

Second Sight ( Spirits ): 3 ( 30xp )

Arts/Goetia:

Rego: 21 ( 249xp )

Ignem: 5 ( 15xp )

Mentem: 5 ( 15xp )

Vim: 18 ( 174xp )

Summoning: 15 ( 120xp )

Commanding: 10 ( 60xp )

Binding: 5 ( 15xp )

Dig into it guys! I kept telling him that the troupe needs to weigh in and stuff first.

118 / 120 )

lvl 30 Rego Vim
Sustaining, Moon duration ( Sustains effect of lvl -10 )

lvl 20 Rego Terram
Personal Metal/Stone Ward, Concentration Duration

lvl 20 Rego Herbam
Personal Plant/Wood Ward, Concentration Duration

lvl 20 Rego Corpus
Personal Human Ward, Concentration Duration

lvl 20 Rego Ignem
Personal Fire Ward, vs up to +20 damage, Concentration Duration

lvl 3 Rego Animal
Personal Animal Ward, Concentration Duration

lvl 5 Muto Imagonem
The Clandestine Mask, plus extra complexity for sigil concealment.

Four Seasons of Spell creation spent as lab-time:

Coerce the Spirits of (Realm)
Rego Vim lvl 20
Voice / Concentration / Ind

Possibly bumping this last set of four up to lvl 30 and moon duration, or keeping them at their current concentration duration and just using my sustaining rego vim effect to have the same effect at a better penetration.

Critique welcome as always.

I'm also thinking of making room for a lvl 20 Rego Corpus flight (concentration) effect. I may end up doing that one. I mean, who doesn't want to fly?

Hello there!

DFollowing this you will find a list of what I would Like to have eventually as a righ spell list for my character. Not a hell of a possibility for me to have all those right now, but that is my eventual target with Marcellus/Glacius.

Feel free to comment both the individual breakdown of spell design or if you find some lack or other concerns in the design. Magus centered around becoming BIG (MuCo: giantlike) and using ice as a weapon (CrAq) . he is immune to cold damage and hot damage hurts him pretty bad, remember.

+++++++++++++++++

Most spells include a +1 size modifier (affects up to a size +3 creature). With Flexible magic the size can be converted to a +2 modification, so it affects up to a size +6 being.

CrAn30!!??!!? Forester’s tunic
Creates a wool tunic for Sun duration. How elaborate depends on Finesse roll. Can cover up to an ogre sized individual

CrAn20 Soothe pains of the beast

MuAn20 Doublet of impenetrable silk.
+1 size modifier (+3 size)

PeAn20 The nakedness of the warrior.
Destroys all animal elements from a suit of armour. Except chain mail it causes the armour to become useless and fall to the ground. Chain armour loses its undershirt and becomes uncomfortable, reducing its protection by 5 points (no protection from crushing damage). L10, +2 group

PeAn15 Agony of the Beast.
+1 size. Mastered: PENETRATION

PeAn25 Falcon’s Hood.
+1 size. Mastery: PENETRATION

CrAq(Re)10 Hammer of the Winterpeaks.
Creates a rough large weapon (a mace) made of (really hard) ice. +1size modifier (can be used by +3 ogre). Cannot be parried. PENETRATION. L3, +1 unnat, +1 size, +1 diameter

CrAq(Mu)35 Armour of Ice.
Protection 8. Weightless
L3, +2 unnatural, +1 size, +2 complicated, +2 sun. +1 weightless.

CrAq20 Winter has Come.
Creates a frozen area around the magus and covering an area up to 50 paces. It is extremely slippery and difficult to stand on, let alone fight on it! L3, +1 diameter, +2 voice, +2 size

CrAq(Re)15 Winter’s Bite
Like Crystal dart, but made of ice. +10 damage. Mastery: PENETRATION

CrAq20 Ice Cage.
Surrounds up to an ogre-sized target in ice. The creature does not die from suffocating (the ice is permeable enough and contains enough air) but it is difficult to break free by oneself. L3, +2 sun +2 voice, +1 size

CrAu15 Frosty Personna.
Causes a frost blizzard centred on the magus. 50 paces around him. L3 (severe weather), +2 voice, +1 unnatural, +1 diameter.

IntAu15 True sight of the air.
See in the middle of a blizzard

MuCo(An)30 Ymir’s Child +1 size. +3 size. +6 strength. -3 quickness. It also transforms the animal products carried to match (usually clothes and leather complements. Mastery: PENETRATION.
Usually cast changing the size parameter to +2, so it becomes a size +6 giant instead of a size +3 ogre. L10, Sun +2, +1 size, +1 Animal

MuCo40 Endurance of the Mountains.
+5 soak. +1 size (size +3)
Usually the size parameter is changed. L25, +2 sun, +1 size

MuCo5 Nose of the hound. Like eyes of the cat but using smell to orientate oneself in darkness or around dark/invisible places
MuCo5 Eyes of the Cat
MuCo15 Disguise of the New Visage

MuCo(Aq) Mending the Ice.
Changes a part of the body so it becomes soft ice. It can be reshaped manually, so that a wound (for example) is closed when the effect expires.D: sun.+1 part
Duration sun?? Concentration with a Sun expiry....??

MuCo25 Endurance of the Berserkers. +1 size
MuCo30 Gift of Bear’s Fortitude. +1 size +3 soak, -1 sensitivity

ReCo(Te)25 Warrior’s Jump.
Teleport around carrying all the stuff of equipment as well. +1 size. +1 parapharnalia carried. Mastery: FAST CAST

ReCo15 Stance of the Winter Lord.
Movement unaffected by frozen ground or snow. It does not impair movement in any way. Even deep snow does not prevent the magus from moving around as if it was not there. +1 size. L4, +2 sun +1 size

ReCo15 Rise of the Feathery body. +1 size
ReCo35 Leap of Homecoming

IntHe15 Intuition of the Forest
MuHe5 Free pass of the Unyielding Portal

CrIg20 PoF. RESISTANCE
CrIg35 BoAF. RESISTANCE

PeIg10 Causes Fatigue. B4, +2 voice
PeIg20 Drop temperature in area around caster. L5, +2 voice, +1 diam
PeIg15 Cause +5 frost damage PENETRATION, MULTICAST
PeIg10 Freezes an item so it becomes brittle
PeIg20 Quench the raging conflagration.
PeIg25 Conjuration of Indubitable Cold
PeIg30 Wizard’s Icy Grip +20 dam
ReIg20 Ward against heat and flames. +1 size

CrIm5 Creates a band of darkness around a magus head. D:diameter. It does not touch the magus. L1, +1 part +1 diameter, +2 complicated
Is this level right!?!?!?!?

IntIm5 Prying Eyes
MuIm10 Aura of Ennobled Presence
PeIm15 Silence of the Smoothened Sound. Destroy ability to utter sound species. Low level spell. (anti-hermetics). D:Diameter

IntTe15 Intuition of the Mountain. Like intuition of the forest, but in mountains
IntTe15 Sense the treacherous barrier. Detect traps. L4, 1 conc, +2 voice

IntTe15 Eyes of the Treacherous Terrain
IntTe25 Tracks of Faerie Glow

ReTe10 Unravel the treacherous barrier. Disarm traps & locks. L3, +1 conc, +2 voice

ReTe10 Sling of Vilano. MULTICASTING

IntVi5 Delightful notes of Power. Detect Vis. L1, +3 hearing, +1 conc
IntVi30 Sense of the Lingering Magic
ReVi15 Gather the essence of the beast

If all you want from a POF or BoAF is increased resistance I would remind you that a 'similar' spell is also given the benefit of the increased protection. You could likely double your protection against both of those spells ( both creo ignem direct flame attacks, and so I would think similar to each other. ) with one relatively low level creo ignem spell so mastered... from a quick review of the creo ignem guidelines possibly less than level 10 though I haven't really crunched the numbers.

Though if you want to be able to cook someone's shorts, and them in them, the full spells are a must. :wink:

PoF and BoAF are not similar enough. Too much of a difference in Damage level and different shape of flame. Though personally I would take Fast Cast &/or Penetration for them. Maybe even Vascilated Casting for BoAF so it can work the old fashioned way.

Carmen's Brother & Companion

Alexandro Pedro Perez
Characteristics: Int +1, Per +0, Com +1, Pre +2, Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +1, Quik +2
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 1 (9; nine years of longevity)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues: +1 Affinity with Leadership, +1 Andorran Guard (Custos, Warrior, Vow of Loyalty), +2 Improved Characteristics (twice), +1 Puissant Leadership, +1 Puissant Single Weapon, +1 Self Confident, +1 Privileged Upbringing, +1 Well Traveled
Flaws: -3 Dependent (his son, Anthony Gabriel Perez, age 9), -3 Overconfident, -1 Close Family Ties, -1 Dutybound, -1 Proud
Personality Traits: Courageous +3, Loyal +3, Proud +2, Sense of Honor +1
Reputations: Fearless 2 (local), Dutiful 3 (local)
Combat:
Dodge: Init +2, Atk n/a, Def +6, Dmg n/a
Fistfight: Init +2, Atk +5, Def +6, Dmg +2
Dagger: Init +2, Atk +8, Def +7, Dmg +5
Toledo Longsword: Init +4, Atk +16, Def +13*, Dmg +9**

• A Heater Shield adds +3, for a total of Def +16
    ** The sword Helena adds +3, for a total of Dmg +12, and any wounds inflicted are increased by one level of severity.
    Soak: +7
    Fatigue: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, ko
    Wounds: -1 Lt (1-5), -3 Med (6-10), -5 Hvy (11-15), Incap (16-20), Dead (21+)
    Abilities: Andorra Lore 3 (the covenant), Animal Handling 3 (equines), Artes Liberales 1 (grammar), Awareness 3 (danger), Brawl 4 (dagger), Carouse 2 (keep composure), Charm 3 (wit), Chirurgy 1 (battlefield dressing), Concentration 2 (mental discipline), Etiquette 3 (military), European Lore 2 (Mediterranean), Folk Ken 3 (warriors), Guile 3 (keep a straight face), Hunt 4 (tracking), Iberian Lore 3 (Castile), Latin 4 (magi), Leadership 6+2* (in battle), Occitain 5 (Catalan), Order of Hermes Lore 2 (Flambeau), Profession-Soldier 4 (officer), Riding 5 (grace), Single Weapon 7+2 (longsword), Stealth 3, Strategy 3 (logistics), Spanish 4 (Castilian)
    Equipment: Chain-mail Hauberk of Sublime Lightness (enchanted armour), Helena (enchanted longsword), heater shield, dagger, sparse jewelry,
    Encumbrance: 0 (Load 5, Burden 2, Str +2)
    Background: Roberto is the eldest of Antonio’s two children, and though he is the most like his father in many ways, he did not inherit the Gift or any supernatural traits at all. His mother is Gabriella Gomez, daughter of Pedro Gomez Senior. Alexandro was raised at the covenant, but he did not lead a sheltered life. He received a thorough education, spent time with his uncle in Castile, and has traveled abroad in Italy, France, and England. Though he resents his father’s infidelity towards his mother, he does respect him and he loves his half-sister dearly.

Enchanted Items: He had some other trinkets too, but he passed them on down the line for his soldiers to use.
Helena Helena is a Toledo Steel Longsword named after his godmother and enchanted by his father (from lab notes, using a few basic enchantments that he used in his own sword). Edge of the Razor and Sword of Adamantine, are considered “always on” unless suppressed. They are both activated and deactivated by the same command words.
Opening Pawns 15, Used 9, Remaining 6
MuTe40 Edge of the Razor R: Item, D: Auto-Conc, T: Ind, Pen +30
Grants a +2 bonus to Damage (Base 3, +2M Metal, +1M Conc, +10L Unlimited Use, +5L Auto-Conc, +15L Penetration 30)
MuTe45 Sword of Adamantine R: Item, D: Auto-Conc, T: Ind, Pen +30
Makes the sword supernaturally strong and nigh unbreakable, granting a further bonus of +1 to damage (Base 4, +2M Metal, +1M Conc, +10L Unlimited Use, +5L Auto-Conc, +15L Penetration 30)

Hauberk of Sublime Lightness This is a Lesser Enchanted Device, a chain-mail hauberk enchanted with the spell of the same name.
PeTe29 Hauberk of Sublime Lightness R: Item, D: Constant, T: Ind
Reduces the Load of the armour by one point, to a total of 3 (Base 5, +2M Metal, +2M Sun, +4L Constant)

Ah the subtle vagaries of interpretation. :wink:

Some rough outline of the background for Marcellus. Early development stages for the difgital version (I am old fashioned and still write this kind of stuff in a notebook)

++++++++++++++++++++++
Basic idea for background:

• peasant origin in Girona area, scary kid named Pere. Good natured, but scary and with a streak of coldness that made people unease around him. At ease outdoors, even in a snow storm but feeling ill indoors near the fire where everybody gahtered during the loing winter nights.

• At 7 he was "lost" by his father when they went to the forest during one autumn. Went slightly feral, and found that he could speak with animals. They were as much scared of him as humans had been, though. Until he was found by Grey Paw, the magical leader of a pack of magical beasts (even if he was the most powerful one by far). He adopted the scared child as his own.

• He lived with the wolves for several years, doing stuff that the wolves couldn't. When he was 11, a party of humans came to hunt down the wolves. They had been preying on their livestock. Acompanying them was Jean of Montfort, a Jerbiton magus. He saw the boy, and how he (without even knowing what he was doing) performed some minor tricks in the middle of the winter landscape to confuse the humans and help the wolves: he had found a Gifted child. Since he controlled the hunting party, he deccided to spare the magical beasts and centre on the kid instead. The party was tracked back buy the wolves, though, even if he gave strict orders to the grogs not to kill the beasts. As long as Grey Paw saw that Pere was being well treated, he did nothing too blatant, since he had appreciated the power of Jean.

• The child proved to be quite difficult to control and too aggressive, so he traded it away form a flambeau that called his new apprentice "a pussycat without any real fire in his veins". That worked for both magi.

• Pere also happened to have no fire in his veins. He had ice there. He developed a knack for ice magics and self transformation. That suited the temperament of his father rather well, even if their areas of interest did not match completely. Arcturus of Flambeau is a rather liberal mage, that as long as your magic is oriented towards adventuring was OK to play to the strengths of his apprentice. Marcellus was "his first" and he was more liberal with that first kid than he would have been if he had had other children before.

• He graduated hunting down and killing an ogre. He did that with a spell he had been developing to become ogre-sized himself to challenge the ogre on equal footing. After that he joined Andorra as a full fledged magus, even if he has travelled extensively through the Iberia, provençal and Normandy tribunal in his 16-20 years as a magus. He has even gone to loch leglean to speak with the giants there

• Marcellus favors ice and self transformation (growing and becoming giant-like), which explains his interest in highland giants. From them, he learned to shapeshift into a lynx and also got a terrible curse: that he would eventually kill a frost giant and become a substitute frost giant himself: he was part of Imyr's kin in spirit and he could not undo such thing regardless of his intentions. The next magical botches just seemed to confirm this, since he saw how his body became ice-like for a while after a twilight episode, and he has grown a little in some recent botches. He tried to dismiss it as consequences of his MuCo and CrAq areas of expertise, but he cannot hide the fact that frost giants are large, and made of ice themselves. He tries to be cheerful, but what would happen to his soul if he had to become a magical giant has been bothering him for a while. Specially since the giant of the Pyrenees is an ice giant and he knows he will encounter it (even if he hopes not to kill it) eventually.

Added a NPC to the wiki, an old grog sergeant

Please, how do you calculate it?
I never needed it, but never got around to knowing it, too :blush:

Love this.

Revised ( With a bit more character concept and thought as input... ) spell listing.

( 120 / 120 )

Lunar Binding of the Demanding Enchantment
Rego Vim 30
Gen. ( lvl +2 mag. ) / +1 Touch / +3 Moon / Ind - Sustaining Effect ( lvl -10 )

Coerce the Spirits of Magic
Rego Vim lvl 20
Base 5 / +2 Voice / +1 Concentration / Ind

Conjuring the Invisible Wings of Hermes
Rego Corpus lvl 20
Base 15 / Per / +1 Concentration / Ind - Flight at 'fast' speed

Fleeting Theft of the Mortal Will
Rego Mentem lvl 20
Base 4 / +3 Sight / +1 Concentration / Ind
Severely confuses the target in a manner similar to 'Confusion of the Numbed Will'.

Shadowed Visage of Ludovico
Rego Ignem lvl 20
Base 4 / Per / +1 Conc / Ind / +2 Complexity / +1 size ( Volume )
Personal light ward wreathing the caster in a shifting mass of darkness which roils in deliberately misleading manner, concealing and/or misleading an observor as to the warded individual's movements and utterly concealing anything beyond a vague outline as to their body and features. While concentrating the caster may align the warded area/darkness with existing shadows/darkness to 'blend' and assist with efforts at stealth.

Wizard's Key to the Mundane Portal
Rego Terram 10
Base 3 / +1 Touch / Momentary / Ind / +2 Complexity
Casting Requisites for Forms required.

Unlocks and opens the targeted door/portal so long as there are no magical protections upon it. Only affects man-sized doorway equivalent targets, large targets such as a portcullis are beyond this spell's strength.

Coerce the Spirits of Faerie
Rego Vim lvl 20

Coerce the Spirits of the Dominion
Rego Vim lvl 20

Coerce the Spirits of Hell
Rego Vim lvl 20

Unseen Porter of Ludovico
Rego Terram lvl 15
Base 3 / +3 Sight / +1 Concentration / Ind

By the way, you may not have noticed, but although Summoning needn't be, Commanding and Binding are infernal powers.
You'd better be careful about this :wink:

I've just noticed that some of the magi don't have their sigil listed. Could people check and correct that aspect of their chracters?