Table Talk (OOC)

Well, if that happens then the story will just turn to picking up the pieces. :rofl:

I'm also at fault, I should have mentioned you earlier. Thanks Plot_Device for doing that.

I second that! XD

@StephenFleetwood should we go ahead?

I think I am not cut out for play by post. With the extremely low tempo, I have lost my sense of my character and things seem to have got to the point where I don't know how to post and feel bad holding you all up.

I want to be clear this is no fault of you guys, but play by post and me don't seem to click in actual okay, where I seem to go through periods of anxiety about not knowing what to post.

Thanks everyone and sorry

Man, I'm sorry (I know you said it wasn't anyone's fault, but still...). I hope I didn't pass off as impatient.

You aren't holding us, and don't feel bad if you need more time to post. We can wait. It doesn't matter if it takes time. I could also shift the focus to another thing while you focus again (there is still that rumor about giants close by...).

If you decide to stay, I have a few ideas about how to spice things up for Marcus... but if you need to leave, I wish you well. May good die and good rolls find you.

I am still here, just giving @StephenFleetwood the time and space he needs.

It's ok to post something short or basic, especially if you don't have any inspiration for something more involved; if that helps alleviate your anxiety at all.

@Plot_Device would you like to finish the collection of vis? Or do we move on to giants (I was picturing Spring 1206)? It seems to me that the giants will end up being a solo adventure for Wolfgang.

I will finish.

Will post.

Question - did Wolfgang recognize anyone from the village? granted he's only been here for a few days and probably never gone to the village - so I guess I'm just asking if there were covenfolk there.

From Chatillon? He did not.

There was some talk between the covenfolk about going to the cave, but you noticed no one. Either you all managed to dissuade them or your failed to see them among the dozens that were inside the cave.

@Plot_Device, I think we are done. =]
Unless there is something else you still want to do IC. For my part, I was thinking of wrapping things up with what you hear on the next few days (lots of gossip on Laimunt Valley, you can be sure).

@Arthur, any numeric guidelines for rewards? As for the story, should I make a summary of the events and post it at the end of the topic?
For the amount of vis, as I mentioned waaay before, I was thinking of a small source (maybe our smallest one), valuable not for the quantity, but for the type (Creo). How much would be reasonable?

This was a very short story, with few obstacles and low danger. So I'd go with a Source Quality of 5. If a character also participates in another story during the same season, then that would raise the total Source Quality for the season to 10.

As for how much vis the source yields, 2-3 pawns per year would sound reasonable based on your description of it being a small source.

I'll be unable to post until Wednesday, August 17th. I'm the midst of preparing to collect Creo vis in a cave present my master thesis.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

I'm reading the posts, but have been down with a bad cold for over a week. :sneezing_face:

I'm hoping I can resume posting soon.

Hope you get well soon!
For my part, all should be finished, with good results. =]

Is someone thinking of running a story about Regulus' trip to Confluensis? If not I think he would have made it back by now (spending the Spring researching the records of the Normandy Tribunal and half of Summer on the trip back). I'm thinking of assuming that he uncovered whatever info it's appropriate, no big problems occurred and have him present for the next council meeting.

A player new to Ars Magica is asking to join our saga. (See Troupe-style PbP Saga? - #7 by Lyroch)

He appears to have no experience with Ars, so wouldn't be able to create stories for some time, since he'd be concentrating on learning the game.

What does the troupe say?

I say yes.

EDIT (I think a few comments are due):

I agree with all you said to him.
If preferable he could create a freshly gauntleted magus, I don't think it would be a problem.

I see no problem with him taking his time before being a SG. I worry a bit more about the slow pace and if this wouldn't make him lose steam, since he is new.

All said, I'm still for yes.

1 Like

I'm ok with it too. I think it's just the three of us left.

A faster pace would be nice, but at least we're slow but steady?

Regarding story stuff, I feel a little guilty for not having anything for Regulus' trip, but nothing really comes to me. I'm not really good with stories about mundane difficulties.

I do think I have stories to tell about Regulus' activities as a Quaesitor, though. Tbh I don't have a good handle on what drives Leonardus.

It occurs to me a newly gauntleted magus could come in as a runaway or rescued apprentice, but I would only want to suggest that as an option, new player should play whatever they want, that gives them joy and enthusiasm.

I think you are mistaking Clusius for Leonardus. =9

About Regulus, I was just making sure. I think I'll have him around for the wrap up of Pilgrimage for Vis then.

For future stories, I've promised giants. I could also go ahead with the Telsberg Trouble plotline if no one else wants to, and postpone the giants a bit, so that we can change the narrative focus from Wolfgang to Clusius.

Regulus's intention is to be around Tugurium through fall and winter. He'd keep an eye open for any case worth investigating, and anything related to apprentices. As soon as we have a redcap he will resume contact with a few friends in Thebes. Otherwise he, should get to know the surroundings and try to grasp the political situation of the valley (mostly to make sure we are not breaking any hermetic law).

Oh, my bad, yeah, Clusius.