Table Talk (OOC)

I am having some trouble replying in a consistent manner for the past week, and I'll keep having trouble in the next one. I'll still reply, just can't assure when and what.

2 Likes

Hey! I'm the new one! :slight_smile:

I see that i have a lot of reading up front before i can make a concept, but i will try to have something soon (posibly today) so we can start to talk about it (making characters through forum usually need time, so the sooner the better :stuck_out_tongue:).

My experience with AM5 is more theoretical than practical (the few times that we played irl, my group loves to try to play a megaepic over the top campaign more suited for other games... so... ^^!), so I still have a lot to learn (especially working as SG), but I'm looking forward to it.

On the other hand, i have experience in roleplaying through forums and i already know how slow can be at sometimes (yeah, i'm looking at you, turn-based combat...), so don't anyone worry about me getting impatient and quitting because of that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, and sorry in advance if i butcher the English language from time to time xD Just tell me when its too much so i can edit my message xD

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Huzzah and welcome! Always nice to not be the FNG anymore! :wink:

Speaking of slow, that's my middle name apparently. Hit a bit of a wall for a second, which when combined with a crazy weekend meant that I didn't finish my second year. That said, I'm halfway done with fall, and aiming to finish tonight or first thing tomorrow.

1 Like

Huzzah and welcome! Always nice to not be the FNG anymore! :wink:

Ty! But... Not so fast! The FNG title is still on the table... I can still beat you making the character! xP

That sounds like a challenge accepted ...

Are you sure you aren't a Tytalus at heart sir?

Shhh! Don't tell them! :shushing_face:

Welcome, Gaxxian! =]

1 Like

I finished reading through the Giant Problem thread and found it quite intriguing! I wish we still had that fellow from the cave to talk to. The giants weren’t very nice at all! Interesting material again Rafael!

I feel personally attacked.

... and only slightly convinced that you're secretly a burner account of Arthur's trying to coerce me into getting my arse moving.

If it helps... it seems that if we go fast, we have time to beat Vortigern xD

Btw, one question. Sorry if it was anwered somewhere already but with so much text it's hard to find and track...
Why there is just a single companion? Are you planning to add more?

It isn't a hard rule. It's simply that one only has a limited amount of time to be involved in stories. Companions should represent a significant investment of time, while still being support characters to the magi/covenant.

Ok, ty! Understandable :slight_smile:

For now I will focus on knowing if the concept is right with the people and making the maga. If when I'm playing i feel like i have time to do it (and play it)... maybe i'll also think about making a companion.

Challenge Accepted? :sweat_smile:

I am going to try and be done soon, but I'm in the last week of two classes right now (Philosophy of Science and Metaphysics) and they are eating a lot of my time. Next week I'll be over the hump and try to stat up a familiar and elsewise finalize before entering play.

If you mean why do we only have one companion currently, that's because we are going pretty slow and no one else got to the point of developing their companions yet, everybody begins focused on the magus.

But I should bring mine forward in a couple of days! =D

Hey! Don't rush them now just because i asked xD It's ok!
I you don't have the time rn, it's preferible to continue the saga than to make more companions, at least there is the magus in-game :slight_smile:

Felt appropriate to bring this over here. I assumed that fast casting was going to be handled as per RAW, which is why I built a character who focuses on that sort of thing for defenses. Is that up for debate or something?

It isn't outside of RAW. But RAW leaves something unsaid, and there is a broad interpretation of RAW that I don't share.

Namely, that a magus gets a "free" fast-cast spell in addition to a normal-fast spell in a single round, no matter the circumstances and without the fast-cast spell interfering with the normal spell being cast.

The discussion about it starts in early March in this topic: Table Talk (OOC) - #559 by Arthur

So you're more or less only wanting them used defensively? I can live with that.

Related question. There are, as far as I'm aware, no rules for delivering touch ranged spells in combat. But obviously if you're going to use something like a touch ranged version of Pilum, you need to, you know, actually touch the other guy. How do you see something like this being handled, a brawl roll?

Then onto something a bit more specific to my character. How about somebody without the need to make gestures, and using, say, a sword as a talisman? It seems quite reasonable to stick somebody with the pointy end of said sword, and cast whatever touch ranged spell you're so inclined to, but I'm obviously biased.