Table Talk (OOC)

Tbh, while i was reading your story i was thinking in a humanoid faerie xD Now its very funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Added Lencor's stats, for approval.

Anyone recall how I can collapse part of a post, so that only if you click on the headline, the text appears?

Here:

[details="Summary"]
This text will be hidden
[/details]

2 Likes

Handy to learn there is a diceroller here!

Re: Something Unexpected

Interesting developments and plenty of unknowns about the tunnels, Varius/the ghost, and everything else involved. I am intrigued. Well done Arthur!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

When will the second wave of magi arrive at Tugurium? 1206? 1207?

I have an idea for a mission to gain support from members of the Ash guild. Initially I was thinking of running it for @Plot_Device's character, Wolfgang, but I reckon any member of the Ash guild (or anyone intending to join) would have a reason to participate (Vorsutus and Belisarius, wink wink).

If we want that support to matter in the Rhine Tribunal of 1207 then it could happen whenever, from 1206 Summer to 1207 Spring. The story is about, as envoys of the Ash guild, meeting an archmage and requesting their help to further the guild's objectives.

@Vortigern, @Nithyn, thoughts?

1 Like

When we finish the characters! xD Like... finishing spring or starting summer 1205 :stuck_out_tongue:
Both Celeste and Alba are nearly ready too :slight_smile:

About the mission, looks cool :slight_smile: Sadly my character wouldn't be interested in be part of a guild ^^! At least for now! But you dont really need to? You can help anyways :stuck_out_tongue:
I want start playing with Alba already xD And then start thinking some stories myself to play together :smiley:

If it's in 1207, then they can't really participate in the stories relating to getting the covenant accepted in the Rhine tribunal, so I'd say 1206. I'd say during late spring or early summer. They probably exchanged letters at least a season or two before that.

Vorsutus would like to join the Ash Guild, and get involved in such a way in Rhine politics that the Guild sees the Covenant as an asset for inclusion in the Tribunal. A Story opening play in that direction would be very welcome as far as I am concerned!

Celeste is a membr of the Elder Gild, and has connections to Irencillia, and Oculus, and some contacts in Durenmar and Waddenzee, though the las two are shaky at best.

A spread of Guilds in our members is likely a good thing for entangling us with multiple sets of the Guild “mutual defense” arrangements and being positively perceived by the same as we seek Tribunal membership.

Good points. I just created a new page in notes and claims so thst each player can indicate the people they know in the Rhine that could sponsor the covenant.

I was assuming Spring 1206? If not, I can simply add extra seasons as necessary, as my 'year 10' was going to be 1205.

No arguments here! Belisarius would very much like to see the covenant control the land around us, so he's very pro-Ash?

The plan is for Belisarius to have spent the last two or three seasons or so in the tribunal learning German and getting the lay of the land as it were, so that tracks! Plus, Jerbiton, so that gives us a fairly easy in.

Here's what I replied.

So if it's summer, which is probably the easiest thing with stories already being run in the Spring and the like, should we account for Spring 1206 on our advancement logs? Again, Belisarius is gonna be getting him some German tutoring so it's not even remotely interesting, but hey.

I leave the exact timing of your magus' or maga's arrival up to you. But you should take into account the travel time to get there. If you are still in Irencilla, it could take well over a month cross the entire tribunal. Unless she knows some travel magic? Even then, will she be arriving with grogs or a companion?

Noted! And the intent was for him to be learning German at Durenmar (though somewhere like Cologne makes perfect sense too) for the past few seasons. Not sure precisely how far away that is off the top of my head. That said, yes, he is traveling with a group, but he can also speed them up considerably.

But gotta finish up the last few years first, so back to the grind!

Just because I did some calcs for when Alba had to travel, I share them.
Regular travel times on foot on that age were around 16 miles (25 km) each day (walking speed), unless we are talking about professional couriers that could double that amount.

For example:
From Irencillia to Durenmar we have around 200 miles, so 12 and half days.
Since it's Mythic Europe and roads arent a straight line, i think that its reasonable to double that time, so 25 days.

If you want to know how much time it will took to go from Durenmar to Tugurium, the distance between both (again, straight line) is 115 miles. So nearly half that time (15 days).
Close enough to pick the date as you desire, I'd say.

Btw, here is where Turgurium is irl.

1 Like