Table Talk (OOC)

I think so. I could get fully done for Monday if people wanted, too. Or I could have Marcus arrive a little later

I'll try to make the Tremere over the weekend. Should I have a new thread for him?

Sounds good to me. I think we may have one more coming in.

Hi, I'm Pralix,

I've started playing Ars Magica in the millenium the game is set in (no joke, really). I'm currently evolving away from someone who creates strong characters to someone who creates fun characters. I still have all that munchkinny number crunching in my bones, but other games like Fate have shown me that there is more to rpgs than winning.

I took a long break from Ars Magica a few years ago because my family needed me, but it looks like the times of emergency are over, so I'm returning to the game - more wisely than I left it - I hope!?

I liked the old forum better by the way (says the grumbling old ....)

Welcome aboard Pralix!

I liked the old board too, but I've gotten used to the new one. But then, I remember the Berk list! :wink:

Well, it's nice to see a number of new faces all around I think. As far as getting started, I think it might be prudent for us to wait for everyone to get their Magus completed. I think we are still rather light on grogs yet in particular as well.

Pralix is still waiting for some likes of his magus concept before proceeding. Only Houlio has commented on it so far.

Those likes represent a willingness to create stories for the character. Remember that everyone should take a look at the concepts and be willing to create stories for at least 2 other magi.

It's been a little while since we've heard from everyone. I'm not sure how much Stephen still has to finish up for Marcus, otherwise I think we might have lost one of the new players (maybe 2?). How do people feel about just getting things started once Stephen is all set, or do we want to look for people again?

Status of the new players:

• We lost Pralix. She felt that the ArM5 ruleset and spirit was driving her in a direction she didn't to revisit, with too much emphasis on stats.
  • It has been 10 days since loke posted anything.
  • StephenFleetwood has done 7 years of post-Gauntlet advancement and is working on his familiar's stats.

I'm all for starting a few short stories. Getting the first wave of magi to arrive at the site and meet each other would be a start. Any additional magi could arrive singly as they are ready for play.

I have to say, however, that I am feeling a bit down at the moment. Losing a player is always difficult to me, and it adds to real-world worries and general tiredness. So I'll need all the help I can get to make this a fun and successful saga.

1 Like

No worries, I think you've done a great job at marshaling people for the game so far. Play By Posts aren't the easiest format to get running.

Thanks for the support!

So, where do we begin?

I'm down for starting some stories and having characters get introduced. I don't mind running a story after that first one either, but we'll have to see how things are going. I think we'll be fine sticking with 5 people for now.

I worry that @callen last post was on January 25th. I hope we haven't lost him as well.

That's a good point, do we want to do a check for everyone quick? Maybe we can assume if people don't respond here in the next couple days, then they are out?

I am in! I will get another year done a day this weekend.

We have another new player interested in joining the saga. He will introduce himself soon.

Hi, I'm Abaelard, from Western France (home of the Tytali :smiley:). So English is not my native language, but I hope I will manage.

I've some play by post experience in other games, but none in Ars Magica, but I have played the game in the flesh for four or five years. I've got some 20ish books about Ars Magica (mostly 5th edition, but including an ebay bought smattering of 4th editions) . I like the crunchy complexity and that you need to switch between books so much - it feels almost like research.

Try not to feel too bad. It's part of PBP that things come up, and unfortunately sometimes people just can't stay around. But it's no reflection on you, and not your fault. We are a bit slower paced, but that was the plan from the beginning.

1 Like

Hi. I hadn't seen an alert to a posting in a very long time. Looking at the thread, I don't know why I didn't get one two weeks ago. So the last activity I was aware of was a month ago.

I'll double-check where I'd left things off. I think I need to edit a tiny bit tomorrow, but nothing big.

1 Like