Table Talk (OOC)

I still have some hope that Ronni and mjprogue will come back, but we will not wait for them to do so to start playing. We still have some fleshing out to do on the covenant and secondary characters, but we're getting close.

We have a viable group with the four of us, but if the other two are not back by the end of the year I will put a call out for some additional players.

I don't think four is a particularly small number for Ars, so I don't think we'll have any issue if it remains just us. I also won't complain about more people either.

I will be mostly offline this weekend, starting tonight. Back on monday at the lastest.

Likewise, I've had a busy week between school and work. I might have time to do a little posting in the mornings, but it will probably be Monday that I get back on.

1 Like

I've had a busy week, but things will get much calmer for a bit now. I'm hoping to get all the seasons posted by Monday. Much of it is copy and paste from before for what's happening with her family, when the Flambeau tournaments are, etc. So that should speed things up.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Just to let you all know that I'm back online. I spent plenty of time with my family over the holidays. All of whom are doing well and are still healthy despite some covid cases all around us.

I'm looking forward to resuming work on the saga. I hope you are all doing well.

Let me know if there's anything specific I need to look at. For now, my plan is to prepare a second call for players to replace the missing ones.

Great. I knew we were on a bit of a break, so I took a little down time. I did get some stuff done several weeks ago. I just need to edit some seasons back in. Not too much to go.

I'm glad it's not dead!

I sometimes feel like I'm a bad family member because most everyone has way less time for pbp over the holidays, but I always have way more. But glad we're still here.

My magus is done but I need to do my grogs.

I am also still here! I found out that I have an extra week for break here, so I'm hoping to get more stuff done. I should have more time in general too until March-May when my work is going to get really busy again.

I am currently preparing the call for more players. How many spots do you think I should announce?

EDIT: Also, is there anything not in the original announcement that you feel I should let them know ahead of time?

How many people did you envision being in the game total? I'd suggest whatever you need to get to that number, plus 1 or 2 extra slots for attrition.

Not exactly to "let them know", but I'd suggest a tighter timeline on character creation; I think we lost people partly because of the slow pace of that.

My objective is to have 6-7 active players, and we are currently 4 (out of the original 7). I was thinking along the lines of planning for a 50% attrition rate during character creation (or soon after). So that would mean calling for 3 to 5 players.

Indeed, a shorter timeline for character creation would be good. What about post-Gauntlet advancement? As we've seen, that's what takes a bit more time. Should we call for magi right after Gauntlet? Or use simplified post-Gauntlet advancement instead of the narrative approach? I like the narrative approach because it helps shake down expectations and style, while also establishing the personality of the character.

I think we can keep the narrative approach, just set a firm-ish deadline for it to be done. And maybe review it in one shot at the end, making edits as needed, rather than in small chunks.

I like the narrative approach, but it does take longer.

Note that I don't plan on waiting for the additional characters to be ready before we start some stories. I would treat their magi as a second wave, and they may arrive one at a time (when they are ready) instead of all at once.

So, what do we need to get done now? From my side, the call for additional players is out. I've had one expression of interest so far, but I'm sure I will get some more in the next few days and weeks.

Trying to get things moving again. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! My name is Stephen and I would like to join your campaign. I am slightly embarrassingly up to date on whats going on as I have been having a read :slight_smile:

I have been reading ars magica for 20 years, but in all that time I have managed to get in about 4 campaigns, and most of them fizzled. So I am a weird combination of having read a lot of the books, but being a bit inexperienced in actual play.

Hullo all. Thanks for the invitation.
I am George and I played my first ArM games in the 90s, and then very little for decades, until we got started with voice games three years ago. I run more than am player, and I am happy to run my fair share.

I guess I said welcome in the wrong thread; hello and welcome!

Are we ready to start a first story thread, for the arrival of the first wave of magi at Tugurium?