Table talk: OOC

Doing this quickly from work, that's why :wink:
Sorry about the bother

I am afraid when I post from work there will be no dice rolls, as the email blocker here blocks the diceroller site but not this site(oddly enougth it does block the main atlas games page just not the forum)

That's because these are 2 different adress (and probably different servers): atlas-games.com and forum.atlas-games.com

No problem. When you can't reach the dice roller then just post all other numbers, they are the real pain in the neck. A story can change somewhat on a forgoten score...

I will be travelling for a few days and there is the forum maintenance so perhaps new posts from me will have to wait until next weekend.

Having a big birthday party this weekend (I am turning 30) and then I am going on a shorter trip so posting will be difficult until Wednesday.

30? You are such a Youngin'.

Enjoy your celebration.

Thanks we had great fun. :smiley:

So what are the odds Mariella ends up killing the Mayor and the Magistrate :imp:

I don't know? What are the odds? Considering we were seen coming in here, it would bring down the mundanes on us if we do it.

Tatiana is going to go destroy the lab and with her movement and invisibility spells, she can get there very fast. Since we already have the books and vis, we are safe. She will also warn the Jew about the coming attack.

Killing the Magistrate can wait until we can see him poisoned or killed with a subtle PeCo but not too long since he will be comnig after us for magical supplies. Tatiana is compassionate and she has to see people suffer so she wants it to quick and smooth.

I am thinking of researching a rego Mentem spell (after a few seasons studying memte,) to create spell that forces person to speak the truth and nothing but the truth for a day.

Yup. IMO, worst case, we must leave him alone, lest we bring ruin...
Should he attack us, then we'll have to deal with him. I agree a mundane "accident" would be best.

We'll also maybe have to protect the jew. Take him into our covenant. I'm sure he can prove usefull.

That sure would be a boon!!!

Sotty got back from Birmingham later than expected.
Triuth spells would be good, Mariella will be priotitising her arcane connection range death spell.

Taking requests for the next story. Any ideas? Otherwise I just start with the next council meeting and take a few lab seasons.

First off, is there a lab for Tatiana or does she need to spend seasons setting one up?

Second, she still needs to be voted in as a full member

Then some seasons would be nice (some good mentem studies would be nice)

She spent her 5 xp (10 with flawless magic) for most mastery on her invisibility spell so she can fast cast it.

do we get a full lab season as well since this was only two days to investigate plus trial and travel.

(how many miles are we from the town come to think of it, since I can take an arcane connection from in town for my seven league stride, perhaps a stone chip from the walls)

We have had several magi leave so their labs are still here however all have at least some flaw.(All the labs do as they are small).
I think the town is 2 or 3 days travel from the covenant so overall 6-8 days spent away from home.
Mariella spends her 5 XP on spell mastery of Evisceration of the Thousand blades going for fast casting

Like LadyP, I'd like some seasons, preferably after the council and its results.

Ardath will spend her xp on... Mastery of "Sap the Griffin's Strength". 5xp, times 2 (flawless magic) = 10xp. Score goes to 2, and she takes Penetration as her Mastery ability.

As per stories, I know I'd love a story with Ardath's Faerie Stepmother attacking, but, well, this takes time to create, and we aren't up to the task yet. Perheps minor ennemies she could send?

Yup, this at least we can offer tatiana.
I agree with you that we aren't far from Kolberg, although I'll have to trust you on the distance, I don't remember anything.

WHich labs are empty and what are their flaws?

I know that Tatiana wants 3 seasons with the mentem book (gets her to score 8) and eventually 7 seasons with the rego summae (to get to rego 20 (+pussient))

I suspect that there is desire for some of her spells to be written into the library, just need to know which ones.

Tatiana will probably be taking over the casting of the Aegis once she learns it. Since once she has mastered it a couple levels, there will be no botch dice (flawless magic+cautious sorcerer)

Finally, anyone know arts and base level for spell that compels a person to tell teh truth and nothing but the truth (CrMe for creating compulsion or ReMe for forcing mind not to do something?). I prefer a rego variant personally since Tatiana is a rego Maga. (hmmm, I might need to find a merinita to initiate faerie magic and get the until duration)

Ladypheonix: Take a lab of size -1 and make up a flaw as you see fit for Tatiana and give it the free virtue of superior construction.

We take 4 seasons of study and lab work before the next story begin but I will open a thread for the council meeting that occurs just after you return from Kolberg. For now it is 2-3 days travel to Kolberg, depending on the weather.

Ardath: Please give me a few more details on the fairy stepmother conflict so that I have something to work on. I am looking forward to use some of the mechanics from the RoP:F book.

From the magistrate the magi finds the following loot:
• 5 pawns of Auram vis
• Summae Elementalist Air L 5 Q 8
• Summae Summoning L 6 Q 11
• Summae Controlling L 5 Q 12
• Initiation scrips for the following Hedge Elementalist virtues, Theurgical Summoning, Theurgical Controlling Theurgical Refining, Elementalist air.
• A Hedge elementalist laboratory (Much like a lab of a natural philosopher)

This loot is 8 scources of insight into Elementalist magic.

If no one minds, I would like to use the mentem Summae for 2 seasons (24 xp Me) and the Rego book for one (affinity makes it 15 xp).

for the lab:

Superior Contruction, Undecorated and then if possible: Greater Feature/Greater Focus summoning circle: for specialization: +1 Experimentation, +1 spells, +4 (+5 -1 for undecorated) rego

I am looking at the ME guidelines: imbue all a person's actions with one emotion: base 10. Add +1 concentration, +1 touch for the following:

ReMe 20: Spirit of Truthfulness
Range: touch, Dur: concentration, Target: Ind
Imbues the target with the desire to speak truthfully and seek for truth.
(base 10, +1 touch, +1 concentration

With 3 int, 18 rego, 6 Mentem, mt 5 (4+spec), 3 aura, +5 lab spec= 40, I could get us a truth spell for my 4th season. 2 xp exposure: 1 ME, 1 MT

Season 1
Write PEVI Spells Sap the Griffins Strength lvl 15 and Dreadful Bane of the Fae Lvl 10
Int 4 +MT (Perdo spec) 5+ Puissant Perdo 3 +Perdo 14 +Vim16(8 doubled) +3 Aura +3 inventive genius +3 similar spell (DEO) Total 51
2 Exposure XP in Magic Theory

Season 2
Write spell Corrosive aegis of the maga PeTe 25
(Base 5 +1 touch, +2 Sun,+2 Group)
Destroys any metal object touching the maga
Total Int 4 + MT 5 +Puissant Perdo 3 + Perdo 14 +Terram 3 + Inventive genius 3 + Aura 3 total 38. Then Experiment with Risk +3 (+3 risk +3 inventive genius +dice roll)
Roll on Experimental table invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577935/ is 7 for a total of 10
Discovery roll
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577936/ 7 +3 ten roll twice
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577937/ 15 xp in related ability and roll again Open to suggestions what related ability is
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577938/ enought xp to raise 1 art to next level (perdo)
The Dice roll for the experimental bonus
invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577939/
total 53 , enougth to invent the spell
2 exposure xp in MT

That was a good series of dice rolls to if Max wants to reroll it go ahead

Season 3
Learn Veil of Invisibility
Exposure 2 XP in Scribe

Season 4
Study Parma magica summae 12 xp
Exposure 2 xp in scribe

Total
4 xp scribe
4 xp MT
Perdo to 15
12 Xp in Parma Magica
Sap the Griffins Strength PeVi 15
Dreadful Bane of the Fae PeVi 10
Veil of Invisibility PeIm20
Corrosive aegis of the maga PeTe 25
15 xp in related ability not MT and not an art as these have their own entries. Penetration?