Table talk: OOC

Still here

Still there too.

I haven't said anything as Ardath is keeping quiet, and being wary

I am here and a bit slow on posting. Grading papers and such eat up my time for the moment.

I was looking over our covenant and not only do we not have a mentem expert but we have no way of even getting one. We have books to get someone to mentem 3 (1 tractii) and a single intellego tracti. Neither Mentem or Intellego vis is in our vis sources (we have 3 paws so enough for 3 seasons of study after tractii is used.)

The covenant overall has fairly poor magical resources in terms of books and when our original magi purchased books with Vis Mentam was a low priority.
We can certainly look at improving the library by trading for books or some story to aquire them

Actually the covenant has a metam summae
• Mentam Summae level 15 Quality 12
• Corpus Tractatii Quality 10
• Vim Tractatii Quality 10
• Magic theory Tractatii Quality 12

I suspect you need to look at the lastest version of the covenant summary at the end of the covenant thread

I could have gone for Mentem instead of Vim, but now...

It is time for Jul (Christmas or whatever you may call it) and as a direct result I will not be able to post as much as I normally do. In early January I will get back to the regular posting.

Till er alla en god jul och ett gott nytt år.

/Max

Trying to come back to the game after the holydays.
Not easy, as everything came back in force.

I wish you all a happy 2010 :smiley:

Do we know if Alexios is still around>?

No idea, but isn't he or our now gone ricardo the people persons of the covenant.

We really need someone to get posing the silent question.

It would take mariella at least 3 seasons, tatania 4 , Justus 4 and Ardeth about 10 to learn posing the silent question. Sadly Krispin who new it is inactive, it seems being the personable member of this covenant is bad for your career.

Not really important, just for the record:

Even with diedne magic, if you spend a fatigue level, you still need to roll a stress die (this is not formulaic magic :wink:), and may botch.
Calculation is (17+1-6+die)/2 = (12+die)/2. You succeed on any roll that is not a botch. Assuming you're casting it at Concentration duration, of course.

No diedne magic , the only good Diedne is a dead one.
I meant Succeed unless Botch but failed to be clear

Salvete Sodales!

I might be back again, if you are willing to take me back in. But first I am afraid, I will have to explain and apologize a fair bit. In autumn, a while after my last 'Ad Fons' post I had a accident with my car and got hurt pretty bad. That took me out for a while, especially as I didn't have any decent internet connection at hospital, even as I was getting better. To be honest, I didn't think much about the game at all. Finally I got out of the hospital, and decided that it was time to go back to the Ars forums. There I checked the rule forum first, found a discussion that really got my interest (about learned magicians' magic and the Power-virtues from ROP:M), and instead of checking in here first, I started to answer there. While doing so, I found out that I wasn't ready to work for a longer period of time in front of a screen yet (terrible headache), and so I postponed my reappearence here. When I finally had gotten completely well again I postponed this further and further using reasonings like "Well, get your professional life in line first", "You can't write that you are back, until you have caught up with the story" and "I just didn't post for such a long time, it will be too hard to explain - especially because I didn't have a good reason for at lest the second half of that time."
Actually that last reasoning still stands, and it won't go away. I just can appologize and promise that this won't happen again. But this will only become worse with time, so I decided to face this, and to ask you whether I can join in again in spite of this.

If your answer is "No" - Still, thank you for the short good time; sorry (again) for the inconveniences caused by me.

If your verdict is "Yes", then I just have to say "Thank You!!!" - And Afterwards some things have to be cleared:
1st: What did Alexios do in Kolberg - Reding the story, I was surprised to find out that over all these months the timeline hasn't continued much, less than 12 hours I'd say. So I propose that Alexios stayed behind at the magistrate's office and tried to learn more from the merchants' paperwork. His skills (Latin and Lower German, Profession Scribe, high Artes Liberales) make him a natural choice for this job. Then he could have come in the evening and met the other magi. As long as he didn't find out anything unusual in the writings, it would make sense that he didn't contribute much to the discussion of his peers. So the story could go on without much redefinig of events.
2nd: Since the last time I played Atlas published an erratum to the learned magicians' rules (basically: halfing a charta's total) and there was that beforementioned discussion about the question, which supernatural virtues could be copied by Learned Magicians/Gruagachans, and there the majority of this forum ruled against allowing the 'Power'-virtues). Effectivly this would have resulted in Petrulus having spent less time with preparations because the his protective chartae would be of less use than his Parma and the offensive ones would be completely impossible. Naturally, he would not have claimed to have any ghost slaying powers then. This redinition would probably not change anything that happened in the story.

So, Sodales, now it is up to you. May I continue in your midst or not?

Vale,
Alexios ex Miscellanea

Welcome back, a car crash is a real good reason for not being avialable for a while. Hope you are recovered

Welcome back. Just write your way into the story. Perhaps a apperance at the magistrates town house.

Car Crash, Physical health afterwards, getting work and real life in order are all of more priority than this game. A quick post saying what happened and asking for time would have been nice but welcome back.

Maybe you can tell if the food is poisoned or not or if we have to eat our travel rations. I don't know if any of our grogs can cook that we kick the magistrate's servants out of the kitchen.

I am not sure I will be able to progress the story until thursday, unexpectedly busy but I'll try and catch up at my lunchbreak

Well, we all have our problems :blush: :wink: