Table talk: OOC

Curiosity or seeking a place to blend since we have a lot of faerie blooded that aren't merinita. Thus a covenant that a fae blooded mage might fit in the best.

I was thinking it might be cool to somehow integrate me into the current plotline. Maybe my faerie friend/father is a political opponent to the Goblin King? Or perhaps I'm working for the fae forces at the gate due to some kind of bargain which I need to obey the letter of, while trying to oppose the spirit of the agreement.

Alternately, Tyrion is very interested in covenant defense magics, and may have been directed to Ad Fons by a person/group in the Rhine that wants to make sure they don't switch tribunals.

Any other ideas?

The only problem I have is that you are going to enter a covenant that is under siege. The reason for being there is your own to decide. I want you in the current plotline so if no one objects then just start writing a post on how you enter the covenant despite the siege. Either you snuck through (with great luck) or just happened to land there by a ReCo botch. Your choice.

You also need to give thought as to how you are going to avoid suspcion and paranoia when you arrive. Mariella is a bit paranoid at the best of times and this is not that, further she actualy beleives that this attack is linked to enemies within the order so her panaoia will be in overdrive concerning new arrivals.

Arriving with letter of recommendation from somewhere in the Rhine tribunal would go over a lot better than a botch or just showing up. My first character left because of how quick this covenant is to attack, imprison and kill strange mages.

Amul write your way into the story, if nothing better just come running from the forest with goblins at your heels.

Can I have a few shield grogs with me?

Ok, take a few.

I am realizing that one of Tatiana's flaws really doesn't fit her. She is more wrathful than compassionate. I am trying to have her show compassion but we are in the middle of a war for survival and is pretty much destroying it. It is a good all out or die herself situation.

I don't want to fill the IC thread with OOC. Tatiana has never had any contact with Occultis. She is a Novgorod Ex Misc tradition that came here.

Well, she seems wrathfull most of the time, although less so than mariella :laughing:

Yet, even in war, one can show compassion. Let me tell you an old Star Wars RPG exemple: In it, the sith, being cruel and wicked, dealt damage with their laser swords, which could kill people without them having the time to realize it. Meanwhile, the jedi, being on the light side and all, had the choice: Instead of swiftly killing an opponent, they could instead maim greviously him, crippling their opponent for the rest of their lives.
Hum... Bad exemple... :lol

But you get the idea. Note also that you can reserve your compassion for humans. We had some wounded too, and Tatiana could take care of them, and trying to protect our soldiers to the best of her ability.

Oh, and Ardath comes from Novgorod too

Mariella amd Justus (aliong with several now departed mages) visitied it in the very first story thread to purchase some books(not sure if we got the books from there or Durenmar in the end). I beleive Ardeth stayed at the covenant

Interesting. Tyrion's information on the inhabitants of Ad Fons could be very out of date, then. Scanning through the chapter headings, it seems like it has actually been several years since any of your characters have actually interacted with Hermetic society at all.

On another note, we seem to be very reactive and not very proactive in dealing with the faerie siege, but I can't think of any way in which Tyrion could really be proactive, even assuming his introduction plays out the way we all hope it will.

So far we haven't had time to be proactive.

1. In the afternoon, the water was poisoned, Then we were attacked by fae and killed giant and 9 goblins.
  2. then we fought a group of 10-15 attacking the village
  3. A few hours later, we fought 10 more goblins by the water.
  4. We went to get rest and village was attacked by men serving the goblins.

Then you show up in middle of same night with yet another group of goblins. IT could easily be ruse to get you into our village under guise that you were being attacked.

IT hasn't even been 12 hours since the seige began and we lost one guard, 2-3 villagers and killed 40-50 goblins

Wow. I completely missed that. We've been talking about "seiges" so long that I guess the actual time passage had completely escaped me.

They have overwhelming force and we are sitting target. We don't know where they are located. We have a spirit looking for them but we need report.

The human camp or goblin camp means we are going to go hunting and killing. Battle magics are perhaps the one thing we have a lot of. 20-40 humans are in trouble against us. I suspect that Mariella and Tatiana could take out 50 foes at once.

Ordinary humans with no magical defenses , Mariella can slaughter them in vast numbers, the Goblins I can handle fairly well. The only problem is that they are bound to have a few more powerful faeries. But that is what the scouting is for to find something worth killing.

Yeah, that is the issue, we can slaughter them in vast numbers. That village/human force that attacked us at goblin command, hopefully will get hte idea and message to leave.

The fact that all of them suddenly couldn't hold weapons and we sent message to leave might do it. It is the mercy in Tatiana that she likes using non-fatal attacks (spasm arm of 40 people at once (both arms of 20), put 4 to sleep at once) will only last so long.

And it could get worse.

We've been able to defeat them easily enough for 2 main reasons:

• They were Groups as per the definition of the Target. Change that, as nearly happened when the humans attacked us, and it could get tricky.
  • The Faeries are corpus-aligned, so our corpus spells work fine against them. Change that and we're probably screwed.

As long as they don't increase in might much I can kill them with might stripping spells. Although I can only do group might stripping a couple of times due to fatigue. Another spell to write