Table talk: OOC

My mentem still works and I can always toss +10 damage rocks at them (no magic resistance, aiming rolls instead)

I'd love to see what the defensive enchantment on this was.

Spasm of the unruly hand, unlimited uses per day with points in penetration affecting the limb that touched it for anyone but the maga that made it.

As for offense: it could blast apart walls and collapse castles.

It was done as a magic item because if done as a spell cast daily, it would add +1 warping to the lab total and she doesn't want her spell warping more than they already do. (She experiments a lot, typical bonisagus).

Sorry for delay in posting. I was away over the weekend and it has snowed , most of you would probably consider it light snow but here it is the end of the world and it took me from 5 and a half hours to get home , where a pipe has burst.

This game is much slower than I expected it to be.

Someone PM me if/when you ever get around to interacting with my character again.

These games are slow by their nature. The best thing to do is to make sure that you get into the plot is to make something happened.

/Agreed.

~shrug~ You get into some situations where your character IS active, but you, the player, are not. Tyrion has spent the night being very actively non-threatening and cautious. I, on the other hand, have spent the last week trying to think of ways to get involved that won't provoke suspicions and coming up empty. It's hard to prove innocence or identity in the middle ages! I never realized just how much so until now.

It seems like the wait was worth it, too. Sending the spirit to interrogate me so you guys can discuss things was a good move, both tactically, and narratively. This sort of thing is going to happen a lot, I suspect, with a lab-centric Verditus character. I need to get used to it.

Looking back, I suppose my message was a bit more grumbling than was really fair. I spent a week reading your entire campaign and I guess I developed unrealistic expectations about response times as a result.

No problem. Once you are a member there will be a lot easier to do things on your own.

Too bad no one in the covenant can manage MuCo 15 spont or CrCo 25 spont. We could give them a dead ardath.

We could say you are going and invite them to send one rep to look around.

I am being slowed down by Christmas at the moment and will get even worse about posting until after the 28th as I am busy in the evenings or travelling away from home until the 28th .
If I don't get around to posting before then Happy Christmas to everyone

We don't need to give them a false corpse, since they don't know ardath's looks. Just a dead body. Or send them on a goose chase.

My guess? Constantia send them here. If we could manage to make them believe I was never here at all, they might turn on her as of spite.

As Yule time is closing in it will difficult for me to post for some time now. I will be back writing with my regular pace after the 3rd of January. Then we will see the conclusion of this chapter. :smiley:

I know you guys were trying to have us all together but ICly it just doesn't make sense.

We went out after goblins and they were poisoning our water while we were away.

We went to bed and they attacked the village.

Max has arranged for 3 distinct groups of attackers that if we send all our combat might after one, the second/third hit the covenant while we are gone and that is assuming we don't hit the goblin camp to find it empty because they circled about to attack covenant.

I thought we were trying to establish Tyrion's bonafides so you weren't dividing your forces any more than strictly necessary. I agree that a three-team split is the way to go.

We don't necessarily need a three way split but Tatiana is a strong combat magus against corpus type foes, especially where she can used ranged combat like atop walls or invisible.

Mariella is strong combat magus as is Ardath when it comes to stripping might and wiping out magic and fae creatures. So Send three of you after the goblin king and leave Tatiana and Justus to guard the covenant.

Actually IC I think splitting our forces makes little sense. However I am not going to continue the discussion IC as Mariella has made her decision and is preparing to attack with whoever ends up accompanying her.

Amul,

your stone slave spell should probably have a muto requisite (admittedly lowers your casting total to 20+aura) but the stone needs to be able to move, get flexible joints and such.

Max
Can Justus get a CrMe spell to Tatiana, through her parma to come back because we might not spot a flare or even loud enough sound depending on how far we are and what we are doing.

Justus don’t have any good spells for that… He will have to rely on spontaneous magic so I think that CrIm is the best shoot. Perhaps Tatiana can use a MuCo(An) spell on her self to aid? Ears of the cat/dog/whatever?

Sorry for the slow posting but as soon as we sorted out this think I will begin writing about the party’s advances into the forest. Just choose your target.

Mariella is certianly heading off to attack the goblin king , I think that was teh agreement . I am just waiting for the prolonged arguemtn about who is doing what