Table talk: OOC

That aside, as a Tremere, David would be intensely interested in the politics of the region - so while he couldn't vote, I'd love to have him sticking his nose into the workings of the tribunal at large. Knowing how caustic he can be, I doubt it would work well. :smiley:

I thought he was the perfect diplomat, charming suave and sophisticated. Carefully avoiding ruffling any feathers (Although if he does that literally he may lose a finger).
I beleive Iolar may have arbiterilly taken a dislike to him.

That's right up my alley, and I would be glad to do that.
However, I do not have Lion and the Lilly. I would be basing it off of the torneys presented in Societates.

i have Lion and Lilly so I can help you with names and tournament stuff.

cool. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Question about horses. I forget who called me out on it, but they were totally right. I had thought that those with the Blatant Gift couldn't ride horses, those with the normal Gift just had a penalty. But I was wrong, and neither is allowed to pursue the equestrian arts.

So I propose sevaral solutions to my opening scene (and Max, I need your input)

1. Ignore it and move on
  2. Rule that certain horses can bbe trained to accept a specific gifted person as a rider with a -3 penalty, mush like individual people can become accostomed to the Gift of an individual magus
  3. I had a magic reign I used, not my property, a gift from Santiago to Robur.
  4. Go with the other idea, that House Flambeau has specially bred mouts that accept magi for riders. I brought four such horses with me as a communal covenant resource.

I myself am now thinking to find a stalwart magical mount to make my familiar.

Great thing to really ask for my opinion, it is much easier to know when I need to write something. [Unfolds big red hammer]. I say go with 3 and look for a familari later, seems like a good quest for a familari. In the meantime (?) perhaps learn some ReAn spells. Thanks for handling the tribunal.

Marko how would you feel about handling the chapter 2 stories, as I see that chapter 1 in closing soon. If you choose to acccept. I'll start a council thread for you where Aelianus raises some issues and then you can present what ever plots you had in mind. Then I open a few more threads so that you can tell your stories. Do note which story flaws and covenant hooks you use in blue wirting at the start of the thread so that other players don't need to use the same flaws/hooks when they write stories later on.

/Max

Um, okay. Baptism by fire I suppose :slight_smile:

I need to mull over some ideas first. I shall agree and commit to this, but know I won't be ready for a few days.

What are the Boons and Hooks for the covenant? Did you amagalmate all the information yet?

Look in the covenant info thread. If that not enough, look to the development thread if thats not enough then make up something fancy. :slight_smile: Start with a council thread that will give you time to make out the odds and ends of the stories.

I thought that the making of a new tribunal would perhaps be a nice long term political setting that would fit our saga, but thats just a suggestion. Read the Lion and the Lily for more info.

there is also the inoffensive to animals virtue
magical horses with might or the spell that summons a steed

Same thing here.

Wirth don't care much for politics, he has better things to do, but the tournament interests him a lot, as it may mean more vis gained.

I'd be interested by Okeanos Fey story, although at the moment I don't have any specific idea, it's just that I like it.
Otherwise, iolar's past... MIAM!!! Yes!!! I think I shall reflect on this if andrew agrees :smiley:

The plot hook I am most interested in is Wirth's True Love , it sounds like a fun thing to torment someone with.

I don't mind who if anyone deals with Iolar's background it is a disaster waiting to happen, as I have no idea beyond the comments in Lion and Lily on the destruction of the covenant and whats in her background write up

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find a character sheet for Wirth or Clara anywhere.

Wirth is here.

I'll post a clara sheet soon, I've got her in the works. Problem is: What to do with all those skill points you got at 23 :laughing:

I'll post a clara sheet soon, I've got her in the works. Problem is: What to do with all those skill points you got at 23

CHARM!!!

Yep. lots of charm and Presence +3 or higher. Watch yer wife buddy! LOL

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, might be an idea :laughing: Charm 5 it is :laughing: :smiley:
Although I don't want her to be too effective. Yes, of course, she's beautiful and all, but that's not the point.

There isn't really a skill for being able to put up with the gifted

True Love conquors all :laughing:

I was thinking of the rest of us !
I don't think True love covers the rest of us weirdo's

I was thinking...
Why doesn't Wirth throw his Parma over his wife? Won't provide any protection, but as with an apprentice, you can still blunt the effects of the Gift.

Also, I was wondering what the strength of our Aegis is and what is its Penetration. I am all for having wards and the Aegis not have to Penetrate, but I also favor consistency. The same rule should be applied to both. I have no interests in stories based on weak wards, but a story based on a powerful yet seemingly harmless faerie being able to slip in unnoticed does sound interesting.

And, for the upcoming Tournament at next year's tribunal, who is interested in what event? So far, I am thinking there will be the following events (not in this order)

Mundane Melee
Wizard's Joust
Hastilawhateveridum
Certamen
Dimicatio
Wizard's Melee

I was also considering the following side activities

Magical Art Exhibition
Enchanted Item Competition
Exhibition Matches of Iniretle's Certamen and other variant schools
Archmagus Symposium (none of you get to go)

anquets each of the three nights; first night is Tribunal, second night is entertainment, third night is an award ceremony.

Andrew is working with me developing ideas, and figuring out who else is gonna be there. I am looking for input as to what sorts of events each of you would be interested in. If no PC is participating in an event, it will get hand waved with a brief description. Stuff you do plan to participate in gets fleshed out a bit more.

I myself plan to have Roberto enter the Dimicatio, but I have to qualify by winning a Certamen round first. Andrew thinks I'm gonna have my @$$ handed to me right off the bat. I wanna give it a try anyway. That and Wizard's Joust maybe.

But what do you guys want?