Table talk: OOC

I was just assigning myself a -3 penalty to my ability. That's the way I used to run it. What level spont does it take to pacify the horse? And yes, I do imagine House Flambeau would have specially bred or conjured mounts. But either way.

And my name is Roberto :slight_smile:
Rodruigez is my last name.

Also, I have requested that the legendary Santiago of Flambeau play the part of my mentor. It won't be the exact same Santiago, but the exact same personality. He will talk it over with Max.

Kick A!

Fortunatly Ryce would be a wildly inapproriate parens for Iolar or I would be tempted to ask.

Won't you master be embarrassed when a Bjornear surpasses you in Ignem magics?

LOL, um, you won't. I have no worries. I have a pretty decent Creo Ignem going, and I plan for the Creo end of it to go much-much higher. I totally need to be able to fly and toss lightning bolts, and to heal injuries and perform logistical conjurations. And besides, any spell you know I can know better :slight_smile:
My magic is Flawless :laughing:

Like how I am making my character intrigued by yours? I figure that this could make an interesting twist down the road. Especially considering your background.

I have never in my life played a PbP or PbE-mail game, so I hope I am doing everything correct.

But I have a large supply of Ignem vis for study once we surpass the library :smiley:
We are very close 18 for me , 19 for you.

I don't know what Iolar will make of Rodriguez in the long term we will see

LOL, well there is the difference in our philosophy. I would never use vis for study. I'll gladly waste it to get a good penetration score though :laughing:

Imagines the blood bank in Iolar's lab.

Excuse me, it is time for my nightly bleed. :laughing:

THe covenant is descided upon. I will write some info of the labs later.

Cool :slight_smile:

Are we allowed to customize our labs? My Magic Theory is high enough to do a season of refinement.

Love the contrast between Wirth and Roberto's speeches :laughing: The flamboyant flambeau, with his passioned speeches, and the destructive one, with his numbered words :smiley:

LOL, I know. For a man decended from Spartans (me), I certainly talk more like an Athenian. Spartans were very "economic" with words, much like Wirth is.

I like Wirth. He is obvioulsy more careful and paitient than Roberto, but Roerto's speech by the fire yesterday made it seem the opposite. Really, he is much more impatient. He was just relaxing and getting comfortable, and was trying to get you to stop whining :laughing:

And it is cold blooded dark and brooding Wirth that is the loverboy, that cracks me up. I like little personal dichotomies like that. People are complicated creatures, even magi.

And the word Flamboyant hits the nail exactly on the head. Years and years ago, when I first came to Ars, I thought that's what the word Flambeau was alluding to.

Me? Whining? Noooo, I was just... Hum... Being gothic before the time? :laughing:

And yes, I think our characters make a good match, it'll be fun, I think :smiley: Like some TV/Movies friendships between very different characters :smiley:
Didn't thought flamboyant might not be an english word. Is it? I sometimes confuse the 2 languages :blush: Anyway, this really struck me for roberto, and this is (IMO) very good for some flambeau lineages :smiley:

Added Marcello and background to the Character sheets. I threw some good hooks in there.

I like the hooks!

I will write up something tonight about Roerto, who his parens was, why he was infamous, how he dies, how Santiago came to become is mentor, and so forth.

English is German with French import words, :laughing:
In English, Flamboyant means flashy, stylish, attention grabbbing, sometimes outlandish or exaggerated. I always associated Flamboyant with Flambeau because of the flashy types of spells they favor.

And kudos on your roplaying through economic speech! One of my flaws as a gamer is that all of my characters seem to talk the same :smiley:

Ok, same as in french, then :smiley:

And, well, I just try to remember all those years in school when we had to resume texts :laughing: Otherwise, don't feel bad, I suffer a lot from this flaw, too :blush: :wink:

Looking at the vis supply I think Iolar's vis source would be worth 4-5 pawns of vis per year.

Does anyone fancy running the tournemant at the 1221 tribunal? If not I will have a go at it when we get there , although I would appreciate someone else dealing with the tribunal politics as that is not my strongest point

Well, I'm not much into it :blush: Problem is, IMO, to be fun, this requires some preparation in background, or else, the players can easily be utterly at a loss, or unconcerned. But maybe this is because I'm so bad at it :blush: :laughing:

For a first trubunal I would tend just to introduce important magi of the tribunal and suggest any political stories people want to run. As a fairly new covenant we maybe able to avoid politics particualrly as many of our votes are likely to be bound to Florum as our liege covenant they can normally command our vote on some issues

I got no vote till I best my parens at certamen, so it's moot to me.

with Okeanos's fey upbringing and driven personality traits i'd just see a tribunal as a distraction unless some reason was dangled in front of me (meeting a possible mystigauge for example).